Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Happy F'ing Halloween
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:35 am 

Last night we had a group of 6 trick or treaters who were maybe 14-16 years old or so come to our house at 830. The 5yo was in bed and we had our front lights off. Isn't this an obvious sign to anyone with a brain? The Mrs went to the door and told them we were done for the night.

The next thing I know my wife and 9yo daughter are outside. My girl is crying and the pumpkin she had worked so hard on is lying if front of our yard smahsed. My wife points to the group 4-5 houses down.

I put on my shoes and run (I wish I had travel form IRL) and catch up to them. I tell them to go back and pick up the pumpkin they destroyed. Some claimed that they didn't do it, others claimed ignorance but they weren't good liars. A few of them ran off right away to pick it up and as I walked past them on my way home one of them said "I'm sorry sir for whoever did this".

I was a bit angry before but that really set me off. They had obviously done this and were now trying desparetly to get out of the guilt they felt. I told them that there were 3 police officers living in the neighborhood (no lie) and that they had better beat it before one of them sticks their head out the door.

They were just dumb kids being kids I know, but I wish I could have had them thrown in jail for a night. A bit harsh maybe, but it pretty much ruined the night for my girl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:55 am 
Spammer

Dumbasses.

We ended up having 99 kids come to our door. No real problems save for a minor pushing match amongst a group of teens, likely same age as your troublemakers). Nothing serious tho, but my fiancee yelled at them to stop it as some younger kids were coming up too.

I had a bad Halloween experience one year and actually got mugged of my candy (my friend as well). It was probably half way through our proceedings so we were still able to go home and grab new pillow cases and go get more but stll. Damn teens with way too much time on their hands to jump 2 elementary school kids. Sad thing was I almost out fought the guy trying to grab mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:28 pm 
Spammer

People suck. Very sorry to hear that happened to your daughter's pumpkin, G. I can take a lot things with a grain of salt, but when you make one of my daughters cry, that's when it gets near impossible for me to display anything remotely resembling grace.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:29 pm 

You did the right thing.

To bad you couldn't just beat the living crap out of them, but in todays politically correct society I think we all know where that would have gone :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:47 pm 

I don't blame ya G, I would've done the same thing. I just don't understand these kids, when I started junior high, trick or treating was over for me and my friends, so I'm kinda boggled that these losers have nothing better to do than go around and beg for candy, among other nefarious activities.

I know it sucks being in between the age of child and a kid who can drive, but good god, grow the **** up.

I didn't have any candy when 5 little kids and their transport (mom in a minivan I guess) came to my house in the sticks basically so I had to scramble together some cookies and put em in baggies, which made the kids very happy so my October 31st experience was good, but I'm still pissed off at those damn kids :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:57 am 

theres nothing about halloween in holland, only slightly more horror movies on tv, so i dont have experience with this kind of stuff

id say you did the right thing, and what are teens doing begging for candy? they should have better things to do...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:35 am 

Ah, that's too bad G. :/ Dumb kids...

Bill and I are lucky, even though we live in a residential area, we never get any tick or treaters.

However, wednesday night when I went to pick Bill up from the train station I saw some... I was waiting in the pick up lane and I see this huge group of guys walk by my car and stop about 10 feet away. Theres about 10 of them and they, basically, look like punks; Saggy pants, too big jackets, talking way too loud and saying f-this and f-that every other word. They look, easily, about 17-19 years old. Then I see they are all holding plastic bags.. like the ones you get at the store. They're storting through their bags and start talking about how many houses they hit and how that old "lady" (I say lady but that's not what they called her :/) was so dumb to give them popcorn...

If I had a group like that show up at my house.. no way would I give them candy. They are too old and they weren't even dressed up. There are much better things they could be doing. Seems like kids think because it's something free, it's their right to take advantage of people's kindness. :(

Famke: 70 Hunter (375 Miner & 375 Skinning, also cooking and fishing)

Nightngale: 41 Shadow Priest (300 Alchemy & 300 Herbalism)

Blush: 32 Mage (Miner & Skinner)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:13 am 
Spammer

Just another pointer towards the fact that society is dying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:07 pm 
Spammer

Sorry to hear about the crappy experience. Next year show your girl how to fill the pumpkin with cement once it's carved. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:03 pm 

That reminds me... it's time to give water to the kids that thought it was cool to wreck some pumpkins around here. It's a very deep well.