Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:25 pm 

To All at Avian,

Maybe you have heard my name and maybe you haven't. If you did I am sure it is from Alda or Adyra. I am not going to get into all the retarded details behind this dispute. The main reason I am posting here is because today I tried to bury the hatchet with Alda/Adyra and even offered a formal apology on the forums regardless of who is right and who is wrong I was willing to admit to being wrong for the sake of peace. For some reason my name continues to be trashed throughout Avian by the mouth of one person when many of you have never even met me. Alda/Adyra refused to come to a peaceful agreement, which seems a little crazy for a person in a neutral clan. I have screenshots of our converstation if anyone would like proof of my attempt to reconcile. I am tired of this nonsense and just want to play the game in peace without some 19 year old feeling he needs to smear my name all over the place. If anyone has any suggestions on how to end this they are welcome. Again, my guild uses Avian's services constantly and it would be a shame for one person to ruin our business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:19 pm 
Spammer

I am glad you are here trying to make peace. I have dealt with you before and find you to be honorable. I am an avid reader and poster on all board and I am not aware of any name smearing going on. There was an earlier concern with your disagreement with Alda, but it is in the past. I can assure you if the PA's opinion of you was negative we wouldn't do business you. You needn't worry that anyone is smearing your name.

My name is Tobias Smith and I approved this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:59 pm 

Thank You Tobiasds,

I was told by Alda/Adyra that everyone in Avian will not do business with me and made it sound as if everyone in Avian had some sort of horrible opinion about me based upon whatever he told them. I am glad that this is not true. As I stated before I do not have the time or the strength to deal with this and have offered a truce to Alda/Adyra. I would appreciate if anyone who has heard anything negative about me from Alda/Adyra would post to this thread so that I could defend myself instead of you all hearing someone's one-sided opinion of me and my guild.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:28 pm 
Site Admin

I have not heard of any of this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:36 pm 
Spammer

I haven't heard a bad word towards you myself, but I hope if there is some dispute, it can be settled reasonably and without any additional problems. If I can be of assistance, let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:15 am 
Site Admin

Valeck,

I read everything on this forum and I can assure you that there has been no slandering of your name here. If you would like to discuss this with me, as we have before, then please feel free. I haven't been able to get online as often as much as I'd like, but hopefully we will still be able to find each other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:08 am 

To All,

A big thank you to everyone who has responded to this thread. Alda/Adyra lead me to beleive that everyone in Avian had some sort of opinion about me and that I was being talked about all over the private member forums. I am glad that this is not true. Romsuiag, I look foward to speaking with you as we have met in the past. I have you on my buddy list and I will send tells the next time I see you on.

Thanks again and my clan and I look foward to future business transactions with Avian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:00 am 
Spammer

Valeck-

I do recall the issue somewhat, but either its my brain just dumping out information on me or it never really escalted to a crisis level. I certainly hope that our members can "bury the hatchet". If not, please keep us advised of the situation and any resolutions or roadblocks you might encounter.

As for you PA mates, who are you guys (name, typical role in SWG: Combatants, resource gatherers, ...) and what type of needs do you have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:24 pm 

Arindel,

We are the Imperial Expeditionary Force <IEF> and our needs are mostly weapons and armor. However, we have a small town around our PA hall and I have been known to purchase furniture, house deeds, clothing, and droids often as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:46 pm 

Valeck,

I do apologize for taking my time to get to this thread, and I appreciate the member PMs bringing this post to my attention. My wife and I have been down in orange county searching for a new home to hopefully get away from the traffic and the chaos that is Hollywood/Los Angeles.

Well, Valeck here makes a lot of neat little points. But what he doesn't do is explain how in-game he cannot go fifteen seconds without swearing up a storm, trying to duel, and general slander.

Valeck invited me to join his PA, and I accepted, they were new and as I told Jaero and Talon many times I wasn't going to join Avian as I wanted to give this PA who welcomed me in a genuine chance. Valeck bought me a small Naboo Home which was placed in the town.

Things were fine, I had a few people over, friends would camp with me outside as we grinded towards our Survival Skills, and I didn't think much of it. Eventually I recieved a tell from Valeck mentioning that someone had moved their home awfully close to our town. He was very upset and had said that he would talk to the person, and they would have to join us, or move their home. Now the home in question was... maybe... two medium house distances from my home, which was the outer most corner of the town, and I felt it quite assumptuous of Valeck to think he could simply command another player to move their home from an area that didn't even have a guild hall, or even a name. It's a free game, and to expect to be able to TELL someone to move, just seemed very arrogant to me. I called Valeck on it, as for a leader to act in this way is quite childish and ignorant, Valeck proceeded to threaten me that if I didn't take back my opinion that he would simply boot me from the group and the town.

After this comment, I especially don't like to be threatened especially by someone I was trying to do a favor for, Valeck decides hes going to throw a fit and does his best to make sure hes immaturity is obvious. Lots of swearing, lots of demands, and above all telling me I wasn't welcome in his town. I couldn't simply move, I had too many items in the home, and lots of extractors around the area, so Valeck demanding that I leave was not something that made me very happy. I told him I wasn't going to move, around this time Fergrim came up and was doing his best to mediate Valeck who in his rant of cursing and slurs he filled the time by tryint to duel me and Fergrim. Of course if he were to death blow me it would make him right... right?

So after much arguing and cursing on Valeck's part [coupled with him telling us hes some Big Shot Vice President of AT&T] I decide I'm going to move my house anyway just so as not to have to put up with seeing him in passing. Fergrim assists me and I slowly run back and forth from the safety deposit box in Keren depositing items and paying extractors and homes to move. After much trouble, and much money lost to the re-deeding I was ready to live somewhere else. After all of this, Valeck still demanded the Deed for the Small Naboo home. I am at this point about 15k+ in the hole for moving fees alone. [Bear in mind this is before extractors kept their power and maint]

So after moving near Solan's Droid Works Valeck decides that now that I have gone to apply for Avian, where friends Jaero and Talon call home, that he is going to do his best to see to it that I don't make it in and move on with my gaming experience. He claims he and Konus spoke with Romsuiag, who was out of town during the whole incident, and general went around doing what he could to keep Avian from welcoming me in. Jaero and Talon can attest to the end result of that, and needless to say I am now a member and have been for a few weeks now.

Fastforward a week or so, Valeck is still telling folks not to deal with me, and then throws a fit in the middle of the PA Hall because people aren't siding against me in his little tantrum. I find it hilarious that this grown man will use his time in this game to try and thwart the progress of this "19 year old".

Just the other day Itek, a member of Valeck's guild, approached me and mentioned being interested in joining Avian. He also asked me about Valeck and I explained the story to him as I explained it above. YES I placed two personal extractors in front of Valeck's Large "club house", but they stayed there for maybe ten minutes and only served to make the point that if Valeck thinks he can tell people what to do just because he owns property, he has another thing coming to him. You have to approach those issues with integrety, someone moving a Medium Sized home at the demand of a Scout without even a guild tag... its just too much.

PA Cities are not yet initiated, and perhaps when they are Valeck's ideas of being master of his little domain will come to pass. But his actions and his tone... were just plain impolite.

You came to me to "burry" this Valeck, yet every other word you tried to slip in a mockery and an insult to make sure you had the last word or appeared to be in the right for your actions.

as for not selling to you... Jaero, the current Chairmen of the Board of Directors made a post asking folks not to sell to you. Whether they obeyed that request or not is up to them.

frankly Valeck, you could so easily make me look like a bad guy if you stopped throwing your fits in public.

*shrug* maybe they don't teach you those kind of skills in AT&T VP school.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:10 pm 

Alda,

You fail to mention a great many things my old firend. I have screen shots of our conversation where I offered a truce and if anyone would like to have them just send me an email and we will see who is the child.

The bottom line is that my guild is an Imperial guild and we serve the Empire and if I choose for my character to be arrogant and agitated over other people moving near our town it is no concern of yours. I have played myriads of MMORPG's and in case you didn't realize it's called "ROLE PLAYING". My character is an arrogant leader and I only demanded you leave town after you questioned my authority and then told me that you were joining Avian as one of the leaders of our guild who provided you and every other member of the guild with a house out of my own pocket.

All was fine and I thought I was rid of this childish crap until I came to Aivans town to do business with Cheetah and I entered the PA hall and saw you there and even offered a peace agreement to you there and then you proceeded to tell me how everyone in Avian was told to rip me off or not to do business with me and that my name was smeered all over the Avian message boards. (I also have screenshots of this conversation) As you can read in this thread by your fellow members there are no such posts about me anywhere on the forums, hence you lied and this lie very well could have affected business with my guild and Avian. Read the below quotes from your own members:

"I read everything on this forum and I can assure you that there has been no slandering of your name here." ROMSUIAG

"haven't heard a bad word towards you myself" MANTISON

"I have not heard of any of this" CYRUS

Also, I only demanded you leave right away after you refused to either give the house deed back that I bought for you. At one point I even would have accepted the 10k I paid for the house, but you refused to pay that either. You then in a tyrade decided to plant harvesters all through out our town out of spite.

Then you speak of my swearing well I also have screenshots of you swearing up a storm about one of your fellow members, namely "Cheetah". I wonder if Avian would appreciate the fact that you called a fellow member a "F****** A*SH***"? I will admit I have used harsh language in speaking with you, but it was only to you and never to anyone else.

As for me being a master of a domain I am only one of 3 leaders of my guild all of which are of equal power. As for my position at AT&T it is irrelevant to this situation but if anyone would like an email from my work address if they actually care that much I have no problem sending you one.

Lastly, I offered a peace agreement to you and even offered a formal apology from me despite of if I was right or wrong, but you continued to be an asshole and make up more lies about my name being trashed in Avian so I entered these forums to clear my name and explain my efforts to make peace. Had you accepted my peace offering and not made up stories about my name being all over the Avian forums it would never had come to this.

As for the members of my guild, namely "Itek" I do not appreciate you trying to cause dissent within my guild and I have spoken with Itek and he is loyal to the IEF. Keep in mind he is only 14 and thought he could be in more than one guild and that is why he inquired about joining Avian.

Finally. I make no bones about it Alda. I can't stand you and yes I always challenge you to duels because I would really love to kill your character, but that's part of the game. I have no beef with anyone else in Avian except for you and my guild does business with them all the time. However, when you start telling lies about how no one in Avian is to do business with me it doesn't only affect me and you, but will affect your guild as well. Had I totally beleived your lie I would have told all of them mebers of my guild not to do business with Avian and we grow in number every week. Avian could have lost a ton of business due to your lies.

It's not about trying to thwart your progress, its about respect young man. You came against the leader of a guild you just joined and who offered you a great many things including a house deed which I will never see back and really don't even care about anymore. I have been playimg MMORPGS for 6 years and have never had to deal with garbage like this before. I offered peace and you couldn't even humble yourself and accept it. Hence it comes to this. I am so glad that you are not in my guild and why Avian keeps you around is their business.

So I offer you a final peace agreement herer and now, we can bury it here and go on playing and perhaps even be civil to each other. Or you can reject it as you have done in the past and we can see where the chips fall. It really doesn't matter to me, having enemies in a game makes it all the more fun and I will role play it to the hilt if you decide to reject.

However, I will warn you not to slander my name throughout your guild who I can supply with a decent amount of business. And tryong to slander my name in my own guild won't help you either as most of them are old friends I have played EQ with for years and some of which I have known since the 1st grade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:52 am 

I didn't even take the time to read that. I just got home from a long couple of days dealing with realtors and I'm not going to spend time I good be spending with my wife arguing with you.

If you want to further this... have a good time. I for one am done with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:17 am 

Well if you aren't going to read my post than don't bother posting anything yourself. I have a wife, a house, and a dog as well.....what the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

You obviously aren't done with it if you took the time to write out this huge post and also refused my peace agreement. Your a real piece of work...freakin teenagers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:44 am 
Site Admin

Valeck,
First off I would like to say thank you for coming to our boards with an open issue you have with one of our members. From reading your initial post your main concern was the possible slandering of your name in our PA. Which as you can see, did not happen.
I think this thread started off well but has desolved into a potential flame war. Alda's refusal to answer you I believe is so that this topic can cease being a public one as all public matters - name smearing - have been cleared up.
If I am request that all other issues might be dealt better in a private message. I have not dealt with you in-game but many other Avians have and most if not all have had a very positive impression of you. It would not do you well to lessen that positive impression by continueing this thread in this manner.
Thank you,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:52 am 
Spammer

Location: Cork, Raining-all-the-time-island. (not this one, the other one)
Ok guys, I don't want to know who's right and who's wrong. I don't know Valeck so will say nothing for or against him, and Arda hasn't caused me any problems, so let it be like grown ups.
Move along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:51 am 

iJasonT and slugeater,

I agree 100% and you are correct that this is going to turn into a flame war on these boards and if fact it is beginning to degrade already. I just want a peace agreement between myself and Alda/Adyra. All he has to do is reply to this post with the simple words "I accept" and we can end this childish fued. Otherwise this will just snowball.

P.S. This will be my final post on the matter regardless of any flaming posts that may follow it, this is a final peace offering in which I willing to forgoe any right or wrong actions from either party and call it a wash so we can live in peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:43 pm 
Spammer

Give peace a chance. Or my mom will have to make you guys kiss and make-up :P.

Each of you has the right to your opinion and can choose to carry on with the hatred (not saying you will). But use this opportunity to use it a Role Play and don't take it too personally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:24 pm 
Sock Puppet

This conversation... is over.
*cracks Chairman whip*

Thank you for coming to make peace here, valeck. Please don't try
to prevent anyone else from being accepted to our PA. Take care.

Official Avian Mascot - Sock Puppet
Board of Directors - Ex-Chairman

Last edited by Orbital on Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:45 pm 

Hey Valeck. No hard feelings. Even the best of us have our days we'd just like to do over.

I wish you and your guild the best.

Take Care

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:15 pm 

Alda/Adyra,

Thank you for your visit to our guild and the acceptance of the peace agreement as well as giving me the house deed. That was very excellent of you. I am glad we can be friends again. We all look forward to future business with Avian.

Peace out!