Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:29 pm 

Dumin is Master, but I am one of those studying in the lower reaches of Architecture (I expect to get only the Factory tree, 20 SPs for Novice and 4 boxes). I will hit Novice as soon as I log on (40 muzzles to go! and I have the cash).

So if you see me online I'd be happy to make any structure you have the resources to make. /tell me with requests. I'll probably charge 5% over the base cost to cover failures, but I guarantee you'll get what I say I'll make for you. That 5% should be enough, and if not I'll use my own resources to cover failures.

Hope to see you in game, I can be found at the Hall or nearby in Keren most nights and weekends EDT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:29 pm 

Here's the numbers - btw forget 5% to cover failures, I will cover those for {future} guildmates. These are the actual costs for making a house:

Metal - 910
Low Grade Ore - 2460

For Metal, the reality is that several are required, but again I'll deal with that 900 copper or iron or steel will be fine (steel is easiest I think).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:41 pm 

Hey Griswel!

I remember seeing you in the training area the day I was trying to get training experience for my artisan masterhood. Not sure if you remember me or not... You helped me out by sending people my way to get trained. Just wanted to thank you again for that!

Congratulations on hitting Novice Architect today! :D

I'm not a member of Avian yet... but am waiting on my application to process. I will be working on the Building tree as well, but also plan to work on Furniture and Tailoring (Yes, I admit, I'm a slave to fashion!).

I too, would like to gladly offer to make any item anyone has the resources to make, free of charge. I have a shop very close to the PA Hall, and invite everyone to come visit, anytime. Give me a shout if I'm around or send me mail if I'm not, and I'll get back to you in a flash.

Of course, if it's a building you need built, I will happily refer you to Griswel first if he is available... seeing that I am riding the coat-tails of his generous offer here! ;) Congratulations again, Gris!

Shaylen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:40 pm 

Awesome, I'll get on those resources ASAP for a house!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:21 pm 

Folks, rumor has it that the Devs are planning to "fix" macroing (i.e. to make it impossible). Right now you can get 3k ore easy overnight, so you'd better do it ASAP!!!

Of course, my offer is open anytime, even if it takes you longer to get the stuff. Finally, this applies to all sorts of things, any structure I have the ability to craft in fact, so /tell me with your needs.

Assuming they unbork our server.

BTW ('finally' heh) my sig is a joke - it's a line from the movie where I got my name "Ed Wood".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:05 pm 

New Info - I should hit my first box in architect today, facilties I. So this evening I will be able to make three kinds of factories - wearables, food and structure factories.

I would be happy to make one for anyone who wants it and can provide me the materials. I will have details as soon as I train up... /tell me (Griswel) in-game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:10 pm 
Spammer

Griswel,

You will need to get Buildings I before you can make those three factories. They require a schematic that is in that box.

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:54 am 

Ah, thanks Gui-Jan. I'm at 83k xp now (enough for construction I and partway to II).

Is there anything in the mediums that I need another box to make?

<prays that the answer is no>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:12 am 
Spammer

I wish I knew that one. lol.

Hopefully I'll know by Saturday, but I'm going up to Buildings II before I go to Installations II.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:29 pm 

Finished Installations 4. Frankly I wished I'd taken 2 and stopped and swapped to Buildings. Nothing bigger than the medium harvesters seems all that great in buildings I, though I am tempted to make a medium Flora Farm (Inst III IIRC) just to see what they look like.

/tell me for training in any Instllation...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:41 pm 

Cant make medium Flora Farm, the componenent Harvesting Mechanism cannot be crafted =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:45 pm 
Spammer

I NEED AN EQUIPMENT FACTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone help me out here. Name your price, I need one soon !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:58 am 

Already told you about it IG Mant ! =p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:09 am 
Spammer

Okay, heres the deal. I am going to be a mission whore this week, and get the funds required. Now, question is, who do I buy from, Gui? or Nicjac? Let the bidding war begin........ (hehehe) Oh, and if I give you 10K in resources, what is my price then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:10 pm 
Spammer

No bidding war. I'm already selling mine at cost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:11 pm 
Spammer

I know, just messin' with you. Hey, if a weaponsmith can't make money, screw the architects too.

(That is a joke.......)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:34 pm 

Are you deliberately trying to wreck the player driven economy by providing free services for the people, or are you simply too busy macroing and grinding your way to Godhood to pay any attention to the damage you're causing?

Just curious...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:54 am 
Spammer

It doesn't wreck the economy to assemble something for free if provided resources. You're essentially bartering for goods instead of an exchange of currency for goods. Besides, if you buy resources at bazaar prices it'll cost you a lot more to give resources and have it assembled for free than it would to pay the 8-12k for a finished one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:22 pm 

What's a Flora Farm ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:45 pm 

Yes, skru, I am deliberately trying to ruin things for everyone. I am pretty sure that any PC who does things for his guildmates (hopefully) is doing the same thing. You should report us all.

A flora farm is a harvester for grains, wood, and things like that. It costs the same as a personal mineral harvester and is great for folks who need organics for meds and food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:13 pm 

Well then, YES, I need a flora farm for my budding medical business. I've been gathering everything by hand, so, I'm just now starting to get involved with the harvesting. So, basically I'm in need of two flora farms and two small mineral harvesters. What other kinds of harvesters are there ? hmm, I need to go read a bit .. and i got time since I can't log into the dang server, AGAIN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:14 am 

Skru,

I think you're completely misunderstanding. We're not giving away stuff for free. I do this business practice too. If someone wants a small house, for example, I tell him it's 12k. If they can't afford that, they're welcome to provide the resources and I'll put it together for free, or they can pay me in a barter rate in hides. Either way, there is a transaction of goods & services.

Nobody here is exploiting anything, nobody here is getting anything for free. Why would respectful architects like Griswel and myself want to shoot ourselves and our trade in the foot?

Like I tell all my customers. I would much rather establish a good, repeat customer base and have happy customers who will refer me to their friends for additional purchases, AND I would like to earn XP in my skill, over making a strict profit of credits.

I, of all people, am terribly concerned about the economy for Architects. When I see someone running around, shouting "Small houses, 6k!" I take my time to talk to them and find out why they are underselling themselves. This happened the other day.. after 10 minutes talking to this other architect (who was throwing houses away at 6k), I get an email from him, happy as can be, because he sold his first house, for 11k! A lot of the time, people undersell because they don't understand the expenses involved in building, they don't see that they are putting themselves out of business.. they're new and they just don't understand. This is where I think more-skilled architects need to get involved and simply educate the ones just starting out. Granted, there are others who are dumping product because they had an excess during the harvester bug... but that is dwindling.

Please understand the difference, and if you still have questions, I would be more than happy to talk to you in game! :)

Shaylen,
Proud Architect

Visit Shaylen's Furniture Shoppe!
SW of Keren: Type "/waypoint 725 1500"
Mail me your special order requests.