Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:49 pm 

Hiya basketball fans!

I'm not a big basketball fan, but, I do enjoy the espn games and such. Here is a way we can interlace SWG and real life together!

I have opened up a tournament challenge for the basketball rounds. I'm even going to give out credit awards to the top three winners, based on number of participants.

Entry Fee is 10k credits. I will have some items up on a special vendor later tonight AT MY HOUSE (NOT MY SHOP) .. which is across from cantina.

I will match 5 times each entry fee, up to 1million credits. Meaning, if we have 10 people join then the pot will be (10k*5) * 10 + (10k*10) = 600k. So, if 20 people join I'll match 1 million, plus the 200k that's in the pot. The more people the better! Also, I'm starting it off with a minimum pot of 250k. So, if you're the ONLY one to join (with me), then, it's just between you and me for a nice sum of credits :)

65% to the #1 winner
25% to the #2 winner
10% to the #3 winner

Note 1: This is NOT limited to Avian members. Please, any of you guests that would like to have fun in this please do! If any Avian members have in game friends that may be interested please let them know to come purchase an entry ticket also!

Note 2: You do NOT have to pay the entry fee of 10k credits of you don't want to. I would like for as many people to join in the fun as would like to.

However, of course, ONLY the ones that purchase the entry fee will be in the race for the winning pots. If someone comes in 1st place that did not purchase an entry fee then they are disqualified for the pot and I'll just walk down the list until I come to the first paying entree.

Tournament Sign Up Details

Group name: SWGAvian
Password: avianbball

Helpful links:

Create a new account:
https://register.espn.go.com/fantasy/chooseAge?appRedirect=http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/frontpage

Already have an entry? Go to your entry page and then click on the following link: http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/group?groupID=55299

Tournament Challenge Front Page

One last thing: From ESPN:
Entrants may change their selections as often as they like during the registration period but all selections must be finalized by the tip-off of the first tournament game currently scheduled for Thursday, March 18, 2004..

In alignment with this I will only be selling entry tickets until Wednesday evening. I will remove all entry tickets and the vendor Wednesday evening, March 17th, at 10:30 PM EST.