Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Music Therapy
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:32 pm 

Well... heh I didn't know where to put this thread, since I didn't think I would fit in the private forums and I don't have access for THE FORUM so I placed it here in hope that it would get the most attention and comments... *hopes up*

Now... I had a depression a couple of months ago, and I kept it to myself in hope that it would disappear by it self.

It didn't... so I did what I felt was the best solution... Asked for help.
My co-workers couldn't help much, only recommend going to my local doc, and ask for therapy or psycology help.
But before I did that there was girl at my work, three years younger than me suggested that I listened to music, with lyrics that I could see myself in.

Now since my depression started because of loneliness and lack of love from friends and girlfriend. I had ust moved away from Greenland to Denmark, where I lost my three best friend. One I lived with another was my constant support if my roomie wasn't there and the third was my girlfriend... so I missed them and their proximity.

So because of that I started out with some soft sad lovesongs, about breakups and so on.... Later on I whent to music that talked about hope and will to pursue your goals, and ended with love songs about how to get the connection since I started out looking for a possible future mrs. Witkowsky... or atleast a close friend for life... (Though I kinda young to look for a relationship that should stay for life, only 20 years old, but it's not too early)

Now I have been rejected twice, bummer... but I have been used to listen to music for their messages and morales that I have been looking for some time now to tell me what I did wrong and I found it.

I could list up what music I listen to now that helps me through my troubles but it's kinda late now so I'll do it later.

But changing from Techo and Heavy Metal and Grunge to Love/-Pop /-Rock is a big step.

I never got professional help from a psycologist nor therapy since I got out of it myself.

I just wanted to share it...

I'll get a list ready tomorrow and some sites where you can hear the music I listen to or atleast som samples...

Just my two cents