Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:39 pm 
Spammer

Ravage wrote:
Talon1977 wrote:
Just for confirmation.... The anti-piracy measures from EA do not work. :P

*wipes a tear* i'm so proud.

lol :P

ok.. made it to the space level and it's definately the real portion of the game. Everything else is just prologue it seems. It's kinda cool though to build your alien race that way, but then you think.... "hmmm.. woulda been easier just to do a custom race and hop right into space empire building." So the whole portion of the game that leads up to the space level is simply a glorified race creator and editor for this space exploration and conquoring game. To quote my old master, Ravage... "meh."

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:00 am 

Finally aquired myself a copy of the game. A friend gave me one of his installs so...

Anyway once I get internet again I'll log on and send out my creations.

Though I have to say that I am disappointed in the creature creation in the full game. It seems simplified and many of my "pure 20" creations from the trial have lost alot of their points.

By pure 20 I mean 5 in slash, 5 hit, 5 spit and 5 bite...

At any rate I managed to get to space stage in the matter of five hours.

Then I'll need to make alot of ingame currency 'cause I wanna terraform...
It'll keep me up a long time from now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:36 am 
Spammer

This game is annoying me now. It takes a crapload of money to terraform to any respectable level, and I'm having to spend way too much time running back to my homeworld to defend it from these gits who declared war on me for no reason that I can see. That's dumb.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:28 pm 

Talon1977 wrote:
This game is annoying me now. It takes a crapload of money to terraform to any respectable level, and I'm having to spend way too much time running back to my homeworld to defend it from these gits who declared war on me for no reason that I can see. That's dumb.

Stop buying the consumable terraforming items :P

Buy the "rays" as they are inexhaustible. They run around 200k or more a pop I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:45 am 

I got lucky on the third attempt.
For about five hours I didn't have any enemy empires do I slowly expanded with my economy oriented creatures and bought up the nearby empires... They of course expanded out, where I was like a growing cancer from inside.

Then pirates began to raid my main system and I found their home planet.
Was a big empire with many outlying planets, so I contacted my allies got a ship from each of them, so I led a group of six ship including myself on a crusade.
Made a military conquest on two thirds of their empire, before bribing them to be my good friends.
Then started colonizing the outlying planets, surrounding them.

Bought most of the planets there and made a genoside of the species after that...

Ten hours of playing...

Ironically the pirate planet was my first creation, which was a warfare species...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:34 pm 
Spammer

So i made the mistake of using a planet buster on an Enemy that was attacking one of my allies pretty heavily, and my damn allies ended our alliance and now keep attacking me and demanding increasing amounts of cash...annoying as hell

whats the easiest way to take an enemy and make them more friendly, I've tried everything short of selling the farm and there is just no reasonable way to destroy these guys they are from my original area so our planets are all sorts of intertwined

in other news I woke the grox up...bad idea if your not really ready to go after them seriously...they just keep attacking and my defense satellites seem to stop them but they still do some damage.

My allies are fairly useless when fighting the Grox (anyone else have this problem) they take wayy to much damage wayy to fast to survive well without me using a lot of AOE repairs

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:16 pm 
Spammer

DF,

My one experience with the Space game has me playing the earlier stages over again. Not sure I'm ready to spend the time on what appears to be a mediocre space sim.

WoW - Dalaran: Bolg Golga Virrok All Retired
SWG - Golga Bolg - Doctor (Resident) Retired
Eve - Edge Finn - Limbo
Section 2 - (Former) Director
What am I playing now?: The waiting game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:06 pm 
Spammer

yea lol...ehh

One cool thing is I started another empire on the same galactic strand and my first empire ran into them and allied with them...Kind of a cool feature I have yet to try funneling money via diplomatic donations to see if you can help out a struggling new empire...

-------
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:06 pm 

Dragon Fire wrote:
So i made the mistake of using a planet buster on an Enemy that was attacking one of my allies pretty heavily, and my damn allies ended our alliance and now keep attacking me...

whats the easiest way to take an enemy and make them more friendly
I've tried everything short of selling the farm and there is just no reasonable way to destroy these guys they are from my original area so our planets are all sorts of intertwined...

The planet buster is in general a big no no... Only use it if you have more than five and you are ready to become enemies with everyone around you.
I travelled through a black hole to test it on a far away planet and all my neighboring allies still ended the alliance (if was lucky only that) and attacking me.

If you want to conquer a planet use the conventional method.
Attack a planet, damage their cities but not destroying them, that is leave at least one building alone besides the townhall, and then attack the townhall untill you see a white flag. (Usually followed by a matallic "klonk" sound).
Do that to all of the cities on the planet and then conquer when the option is available.
- It is highly recommended to have allied ships with you to keep of attackers, since I suck at using lasers...

Other methos are buying them out, by establising trade routes. but that can only be achived by make a no-fire agreement, then a huge bribe.

I also make my allies attack a certain empire then I can travel through that one planet without being attacked, since they are preoccupied... Although I don't know if this is consistent...

Did I forget anything?... at anyrate I'll update if that is nessesary...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:06 am 
Site Admin

http://pc.ign.com/articles/919/919260p1.html
Quote:
Two Spore Expansion Packs Announced
One adds more customization options; the other deepens the Space stage.
by Jimmy Thang

October 13, 2008 - Publisher Electronic Arts has announced two expansion packs for Spore, the company's popular and unique simulator. The first expansion, Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack, is coming out on November 18, whereas the tentatively named "Space stage expansion pack" is due out later this spring.

The Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack will include more than 100 new creature-building components themed in two distinct styles—charming, cartoon-esque creatures and scary, monster-like creatures. The expansion pack will come with new body parts, paint options, animations, backgrounds and more.

The Space stage expansion pack, on the other hand, will provide fans with deeper Space stage gameplay. In this expansion, players' creatures "will be able to beam down from their spaceships to explore new planets and earn rewards for completing challenging missions." In addition, "a new Adventure Creator will allow players to build and share online their own custom missions, providing almost endless gameplay possibilities."

Lucy Bradshaw, general manager of Maxis studio, was very excited about the announcement and wrote in an official statement, "Spore is an incredibly personal and customizable experience." She added, "Many of our fans have asked us for even more tools to build with, while others are looking to extend their gameplay. As soon as we wrapped up Spore, we turned our focus to creating additional content that caters to fans' individual tastes. With the cosmos as our backdrop, we can take Spore in almost infinite directions, constantly changing and evolving the experience."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:15 pm 
Spammer

I would have liked to see more parts for vehicles and space ships etc... but cute/creepy sounds fine. The space stage expansion im not so sure about, just sounds like your adding more interaction options that probably don't add much depth to space game itself - instead more random side stuff to take up your time...

any case just sounds like the ability to go back to earlier stage while in space stage...

-------
"Gone Section Five"