Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Avian Dream
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:54 pm 
Site Admin

Anybody else had dreams involving Avian? I guess it's that subconscious working, since I haven't been too active lately but I had quite an Avian-studded dream last night.

The main plot was that something was wrong with the internets in general and Avian's server in particular, but the Avian servers were located in my house, and my house was unexpectedly located in some tropical paradise next to a dock. Of course this trouble could be fixed by none other than Obo, who throughout the dream mostly talked to me from behind a large plastic curtain while he worked with wrenches and things on the servers, although I saw him once and was surprised to see that he was a vaguely Johnny-Deppish man with long dark bangs and a ponytail. Hmmm... :obo:
Anyway, when we were able to access the boards I found that Arindel was attacking me with snide comments about how I wasn't playing WoW, including some screenshots that showed the new city Avian had built (I guess dream WoW has some additional features). I asked Obo why Arindel suddenly hated me, and he said it must have had something to do with the roleplaying story I wrote where Arindel was killed (?). Anyway, seeking the truth by private message and then what became a phone call, I found that in fact Arindel lived quite close to my tropical home, and he and some other Avians (I think Talon and Rocky) had been travelling by the dock on some sort of modified jet skis when they were attacked by "blackfin" sharks. Apparently he was mostly miffed that I didn't come out to help them, though this was the first I had heard of the attack. Also, being Avian, there was some discussion of the technical specs of the jet skis and how if they had been "reinforced" the sharks would not have been able to bite through them. I'm not sure if Talon and Rocky survived the encounter :shock: but, with some forum support from Angelus and dbakke, we were able to work things out and go on to form a new Avian government.

Um...take that for what it's worth. Sorry to all my Avian friends who didn't make it into this dream, or at least my recollection of it, maybe next time 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:24 am 

wow, just wow...

That is some serious stuff you got goin on in that head...although it wasn't hard to imagine all that going on. Almost as if it was part of a game/real world...

I've had some Avian dreams, but I can't recall them at point...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:47 am 
Spammer

Lay off the sake :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:26 am 

I belive it is written this way in romanzi

"Sukkee!" Wow in japaneese. (Yup studying)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:07 am 
Site Admin

I do NOT have a ponytail!!!
I'm not bald either...

I am not my avatars :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:54 am 
Spammer

I feel left out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:05 am 
Spammer

i am okay with being left out.... :lol:

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:08 am 
Spammer

me providing forum support...now that IS wacky.

I have a few questions:

1) Have you watched any episodes of Lost lately? It seems your subconscious may have melded themes from that show with your part of your gaming life

2) maybe you want to see a Lost MMO? :P

Thanks for sharing though...i rarely remember my dreams which is disappointing, my wife however has some crazy ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:08 am 
Site Admin

That was great!

I have had crazy dreams like that, but can’t remember them now. I always thought it was weird that even though the dream is unrealistically crazy, while I am dreaming I think it is 100% real. I even wake up upset at Talon, Rom, or whoever until I realize it was all a dream.

I wonder why sometimes we can remember the details of a dream, and other times we can not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:21 am 
Spammer

Wow...that was one heckuva dream, Onto.

As for remembering dreams, I seem to remember many more dreams and more of each dream after I regularly go to bed at a reasonable time, and am not staying up until 2am again and again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:42 am 

man alive, I wish I could remember my dreams half as good as you.

the best I can remember including avian, is one where we we were all trapped in the old PA outside Karen, not in the basement but in the main room while a fire was burning everything outside, houses, factories and harvesters. Needless to say we were all freaking out. I can't remember who was doing what but just a general sense of chaos and people running around and trying to bust down the doors, even though the PA in-game didn't have any doors. And something about a wild boar trapped inside the hall with us, killing people one at a time.

dreams are weird aren't they? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:50 am 
Spammer

Location: Cork, Raining-all-the-time-island. (not this one, the other one)
I don't entertain specific fantasies about avian except bombing the SOE offices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:47 am 
Spammer

Hmm, the only Avian dream I remember is having a few $billion, buying an Island, and hiring 20 Avians to come life there along with a bunch of other smart friends. It was supposed to start as a business venture, but rapidly degraded into just a lot of drinking with my stockholders getting mad at me.

Still a big dream, actually. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:57 am 
Spammer

LOL Sluggy.

I use to have dreams all the time about Cyrus and me hunting the hills of Naboo. Luckily there were no "Brokeback" overtones. LOL

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:50 am 

Ah, yes dreams can be completely crazy. Either my dreams are way too off the wall to mean anything. Or they feel somewhat real and easier to remember when they predict the future. They don't predict the future in any usable manner, more like It is how I am going to remember an event that hasn't happened yet. I trip deja vu quite a bit due to dreams.