Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:27 am 
Spammer

We should definitely plan on doing this again. May have to do more research about getting in games easier. Then again, it could be my piece of crap computer that was the problem.

All I know is that I died way more often than I killed peeps. Thought I did a good job as medic and engineer when I was those classes tho. Pyro... not so much. :P

Oh, and a private voicechat server ala Vent or TS would be cool. I couldn't tell if my mic was working in TF2 or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:33 am 

Good idea for the prefix. I'll add that too.

Yea, just about the time you got on, Rock, the other team got a HELL of a lot better. We were doing pretty well before but some people must have changed up, left or something.

I cannot figure out my mic issue but I'll keep working at it. It's such a chaotic game at times we really need to chat to get some organization.

After playing every class last night at least a little I can safely say that I'm absolutely no good at Engineer or Spy. I know I saw Krynn and Rock have a few good sprees as Spy but I think I had 1 kill in all my time doing that. And as Engineer I would just make a sentry and then not know what to do. Heh!

But everytime I turned around as a HW I'd see Mads or someone else healing my big fat ass. Fun stuff! Gimme a HW, Scout, Solly or Pyro anytime thank you very much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:27 am 
Spammer

My attempts at scout were hit and miss. It all depended on if I ran into that one good Pyro or HW. If so, lights out. If not, I could usually get near the intel room and at least bring the briefcase up stairs a little.

Oh, and creating engineering items in that main room in the opponent sewers was golden!! I had a fully upgraded turret, dispenser, and exit teleport in there at one point (entrance teleport was just outside out resupply room). If we can manage to get a turret on either side of the opponent fort as well it could be lights out. Next time I intend to play eng a lot more. Kinda wierd cause usually me and playing a defensive role do not necessarily mesh well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:13 pm 

Heh. I saw more than a couple times that you had grabbed the intel but didn't make it too far. That's better than I could do. I actually prefer to play defense w/ the scout. It's fun running around our base and clearing out the spies and soldiers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:00 pm 
Spammer

GodOfGophers wrote:
Yea, just about the time you got on, Rock, the other team got a HELL of a lot better.

HEY! Just what are you trying to say??!?!

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:28 pm 
Spammer

Rocklar wrote:
GodOfGophers wrote:
Yea, just about the time you got on, Rock, the other team got a HELL of a lot better.

Oh you know... :roll:

My work buddy had a blast last night as well. He was "Evil B". Think he flip-flopped between classes as well. Saw him as medic quite a bit, healing the defenders in our base.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:46 am 

I dont know what happened with Steam but I was unable to get into games and chat with anyone so I missed out... (I restarted and did the normal way of fixing things)

Let me know when the next time everyone is getting together and i'll try and make it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:23 am 

Rocklar wrote:
GodOfGophers wrote:

Heh. It was just a coincidence I'm sure. Still it was fun even with us losing. Those guys on the other side were pretty good and well coordinated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:27 pm 
Spammer

Of course them having 3 fully upgraded turrets just inside the main level of their base didn't help our cause at all. I tried to get in there as a spy and backstab the engs and heavy that were there too but, yeah, that went nowhere fast :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:45 pm 
Spammer

Bumpity

I got the orange box...and have been playing some TF2 (RyricKrael) I'll be around

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:13 pm 
Spammer

Since I got my new GeForce 8500, I might have to pick up the Orange Box.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense