Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:15 pm 
Spammer

Cool. I have a post it note with your tag on my 360 at home. When I am on next I'll be sure to fire you a FR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:38 pm 
Spammer

Same here. I'll add you tonight, if I can get a few minutes to play.

I've been playing regularly with this guy named ButchHerring. He's awesome. He's a shotgun god. His accuracy rating is over 40% and I think his score is in the top 2500 in the world.

/worship ButchHerring.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:06 pm 

Got your invite last night Ang, and accepted.

Anyone else that reads and has an Xbox 360, feel free to add, the more the merrier!

New maps for COD are supposed to be out in early April, you can check out game play footage of them at ign.com

Rift/Gnarlwood: Nostro - Mage (Pyro/Necro/Chrolo - mancer) lvl 29
Rift/Gnarlwood: Stilgar - Cleric lvl 8

WoW days - Aegnor/Stilgar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:11 pm 

Not sure if you guys have done any custom games, but sometimes when we get bored, or have too many people, or XBox Live is having one of its moments... we hop into a custom game.

One of our favorite games: Free For All on one of the small maps, Headshots only, and you can only use a pistol... funny as hell!

Rift/Gnarlwood: Nostro - Mage (Pyro/Necro/Chrolo - mancer) lvl 29
Rift/Gnarlwood: Stilgar - Cleric lvl 8

WoW days - Aegnor/Stilgar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:07 pm 

My kids love COD4 on the 360.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:21 am 
Spammer

So I caved...rather my gf caved and let me get it...mainly because I have 2 duty nights this weekend which means from 9pm-3am i have nothing better to do...(I am an RA)

Any case got it for PC simply because I don't do FPS's on console well...so if you ever see a RyricKrael around thats me...and if its not give me the server name so i can shoot him up for steeling my name.

simply an awesome game btw graphics are awesome...MP is amazing...I am at lvl 8 almost 9 after playing for 2 hours last night - I love my M16A2 with reddot (tend to take off the noob tube)...still can't wait till i have access to better weapons like the m4...but meh 3 round burst works most the time.

Whats your guys opinions on the most effective perks? I find martyr bloody annoying...been tked a couple times by teammates...just unlocked last stand and havnt tried it yet, otherwise i tend to use the increased shoot from the hip and penetration/increased damage perks...

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:07 pm 
Spammer

My standard perks for any kind of ranged gun are deep penetration (love that name btw :P ), and stopping power.

In fact, I believe I have stopping power on all my builds, save for maybe the sniper one, which gets swapped for the increased lung capacity. I just love stopping power since it rips thru anyone using juggernaut.

Martydom just plain ol' pisses me off. I cannot count how many times I have died from that piece of shit, no skill, perk why I am using my run 'n gun or strealth builds. Hate it. Absolutely the worst perk ever. I don't mind last stand since it still takes talent to aim and pull off those last ditch shots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:26 pm 
Spammer

Penetration and stopping power are my favorites, too.

I just got the talent that let's me carry three frags...me likey. :twisted:

As for Martyr, I just laugh when I see sorry no-skill-punks waste a perk on it. I take a few steps away from the corpse and go prone - I win! :P

DF, you've definitely got the right idea in making the noob weapons work well. Yeah, some of the higher-end weapons are nice (P90, mmmm...) but going through the prestige levels becomes a lot easier if you can do well with those starter loadouts.

I play PC online quite a bit, too. I go by Liro there and usually play on the GreenGamers servers as well as the ... hehe ... "AssPoppersCafe" server. No idea where they got the name and I don't think I want to know. Maybe I'll see you there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:53 pm 
Spammer

Couple notes on my end:

- I haven't ever done that well with console FPS's either, but I've adapted quite well to CoD4 for some reason. I don't really like the PC version in comparison. Whatever they did in developing CoD4 to be different from other console FPS games, they did it very well.

- Guns: The M16A is the best mid to long ranged gun available, hands down. The red dot sight makes it unstoppable. Add in Stopping Power and any other decent perk and you're god-like.
P90s are for punks. :P (no offense Rocky) It's known as the "squirt gun." You can use it for an hour and watch your accuracy rating plummet. The real CoD4 players use shotguns. I like to do my killin' up close and personal. ;) I just got the Gold Shotgun again on my 2nd Prestige level. I'm up to lvl 43 I think now.

- Perks: Since I use the shotty, I tend to use the grip on the shotgun while trying to get my headshots, along with Steady Aim to increase my accuracy while shooting from the hip. I use stun grenades in order to blind and slow people down so that I can get into range with the shotgun. And then since I am in close and my opponent is usually blind and stunned and moving slow as hell because of it, they can't get away from dying by my 3rd perk, if they get lucky enough to take me down..... I use martyrdom. It's not skill-less in my case. It's a very methodical and effective strategy to increase my killcounts per game. After I've gotten all my headshots and I'm just playing for fun at that point, I'll swap out the grip and steady aim for 3 stun grenades instead of just the 1, and add on the red dot sight. Very deadly. My highest kill streak of 20 has been repeated several times.

- Maps: What maps do you guys like? I wreak the most havoc on Overgrown, Downpour and Backlot. Have any of you seen the new maps they just released yet? Chinatown is decent and the others are good too I guess. I haven't downloaded them yet. I hear they're absolutely huge.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:15 am 
Spammer

No worries, Talon. Consoles are for punks. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:18 am 
Spammer

PC people - is it worth d/l the patch? Just noticed how many pre-patch servers there are currenly and wondering if their was some dislike for the new patch (usually in most games you have a hard time finding pre-patch servers)

Also anyone else have problems with punkbuster kicking you for not responding to update (which im assuming is punkbuster for laggy response) or is it just my school's connection being a pain

-------
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:20 am 
Spammer

WoW Talon. You've really improved since you started if that's the case. I recall us getting whooped on a regular basis back when we first started playing.

I too have read that the new maps are amazing, but have not DL them yet.

I haven't gotten into the shotgun thing, mostly b/c I still do not know the maps well enough to know the best paths to take to get into the close ranges required with a shotty without being taken down by the snipers and red-dot M16 folk. Plus my general gameplay style is to stay back and play that kinda ranged support role.

M16 is da bomb!! Also starting to love the M3. Single shot and my itching trigger finger actually work quite well since I find it has very low recoil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:09 pm 

Talon's right about the shotgun, playing with shotgun I usually get a 3-4:1 kill ratio on the PC, and I bet its even better on console since aiming with a controller is stupid =P. Using the same strat with a SMG will get me a 2:1 and I usually break even playing ranged support or sniper. Shotgun is just so much fun, you could make yourself a highlight reel with one game.

Dragon Fire wrote:
PC people - is it worth d/l the patch? Just noticed how many pre-patch servers there are currenly and wondering if their was some dislike for the new patch (usually in most games you have a hard time finding pre-patch servers)

Also anyone else have problems with punkbuster kicking you for not responding to update (which im assuming is punkbuster for laggy response) or is it just my school's connection being a pain

Nah patch is fine, even though I don't know what it fixed lol.

As for PB your probably just a punk... J/k go tot he PB site and D/L their updater for COD4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:04 pm 
Spammer

Angelus wrote:
WoW Talon. You've really improved since you started if that's the case. I recall us getting whooped on a regular basis back when we first started playing.

I too have read that the new maps are amazing, but have not DL them yet.

I haven't gotten into the shotgun thing, mostly b/c I still do not know the maps well enough to know the best paths to take to get into the close ranges required with a shotty without being taken down by the snipers and red-dot M16 folk. Plus my general gameplay style is to stay back and play that kinda ranged support role.

M16 is da bomb!! Also starting to love the M3. Single shot and my itching trigger finger actually work quite well since I find it has very low recoil.

You mean the G3. It's alright. I could see it working well with your playstyle. But if you like the single shot, rapid fire functionality, go with the Berret .50 cal sniper. heh.

And yeah I've improved. Check my stats. My kill ratio is STILL below 1.0 but it's climbing slowly. I think I'm sitting about .7 now. My accuracy is over 20% I think though.

I mostly play free for all, rather than the team games. I can consistently place in the top 3 with the setup I described. Sometimes I play headquarters just because of the insane amount of points you can get with one match.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:11 pm 
Spammer

I set up a G3 custom build this weekend I like. Silenced G3, claymores, UAV Jammer, and of course.... martyrdom. :twisted:

Did decently with it Sunday afternoon. Though I think I would do better with it in the team games than I would in Free for All (which is all I played this weekend). Gonna try it with Headquarters sometime this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:49 am 
Spammer

So I was tooling around online and discovered that COD4 stores ranks client side and not server side - which basically means its hackable and easily lost if you reformat or uninstall. Just thought i'd pass that along in case anyone was not aware.

I'm lvl 46 or 47 now...chugging along if anyone is ever on PC check out Gaming Since Pong server (69.28.221.8:29460). HQ, Domination are the modes it seems to cycle through...use to be just straight HQ. Decent server that doesn't allow 203(tube), Last Stand or Martyrdom which leads to some cleaner fights and good rounds. Its still ranked if you remove perks you can't be ranked...so its simply heavily enforced via console...

-------
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:17 pm 
Spammer

Congrats to Angelus for FINALLY going Prestige. Now he's back to newbtube spec where he belongs. :P :wink:

In all seriousness, Angelus played a hell of a headquarters match the other day, scoring 30 kills and a low death count that I cant quite recall now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:00 pm 
Spammer

30-6 was the ratio... Go me!!! (and all without a red dot at level 2 lol)

Things haven't been quite as good since with me roughly going +5-6 in the K/D ratio on average. Musta just been "on" that game, or those guys really sucked.

Almost 21, and therefore only a couple away from my beloved claymores.

This prestige thing ain't that bad. The M-16 and the MP-5 were always 2 of my fav guns anyways so having to go back to them for a bit each time isn't as bad as I thought. I really miss my claymores tho and the G36 is nice to have as well.

Think I'll keep prestiging as I come to them. Ahhhh COD4 FTW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:38 am 
Spammer

Nice work there in those few HQ games we played last night Talon. We were on the most god awful communicating team (as in they didn't say a word) I have ever been part of. Think we lost all of the games but at least our scores were relatively decent for the most part.

I played a few hardcore TDM games afteryou logged, and I gotta say, I am really digging the hardcore. For one, fewer of the kiddies play it I am finding, which is always a good thing. Secondly, it really makes my UAV Jammer, claymores, and accurate as hell RDS G3 a thing of beauty.

I should be online tonight if you are around again to team up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:15 pm 
Spammer

Yeah, that team we were on was horrendous. I think that might have been the worst bunch of COD players I've ever seen.

I can't get into hardcore really, simply because the "one shot one kill" style of it takes away my advantage with the shotgun. So all I'm left with is a really loud firecracker with a 10 ft kill range if you happen to be standing in front of me. :P

If I feel like going back to an assault rifle, it might be fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:26 pm 
Spammer

@Talon:

I am golfing this afternoon (nice boss FTW!!) but should be on again tonight. I ended up taking a COD break last night playing some GTA4 instead, so will be raring to rack up some timmy kills in COD tonight.

Look me up if you are around. If interested, I should be able to get us into some HC TDM or HC S&D games. Otherwise, I am cool with playing Domination and HQ games.

Oh, and you should seriously DL the map pack. Despite some people not liking a couple of the maps, I thoroughly enjoy all of them as each caters to a spcific playstyle (Creek = sniper, Chinatown = run n gun, Broadcast = a combination of both, with strategy really being key imo).

edit - as for your shotty tendencies, put down the shotgun and start using some real guns :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:05 pm 
Spammer

Shottie FTW!!!!1!

Sorry I haven't really been on much lately. Been busy with a ton of stuff lately. Hopefully get on this weekend more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:18 am 
Spammer

No worries. I likely won't be around til Sat night, maybe a small bit early tonight.

I am realizing that it is people like you with the super close range setups that tend to hit the big number totals (i.e. 45-30, 25-21, etc.) vs my usual 15-10 etc. Yer just in the thick of things a lot more, both killing and dying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:06 pm 
Spammer

Yup, and you're not really penalized for dying... and points are doled out for killing. Do the math. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:29 pm 
Spammer

Talon1977 wrote:
Yup, and you're not really penalized for dying... and points are doled out for killing. Do the math. :wink:

Still tough to win a team based game (Domination or HQ) if you have a whole lot of run 'n gunners on one team spending nearly as much time dead as alive.

I don't consider myself a camper but do tend to move around the maps at a fairly controlled pace, trying to catch baddies in the choke points. That is also why I rarely place high in FFA games. I just can't compete with you shotters...