Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:03 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

X2 looks down the empty street and sees tumble weed blowing in the wind.

That was what the topic title was, by the way, the sound of the wind!

It's quite sad to log in and see no one has posted in a couple of days. I remember the days when I would do nothing all day but hit F5 waiting for the next post to appear that I could read and possibly respond to. I even remember the day I wrote a post saying "I've written 17 posts today!" and got the response: Welcome to the club!

It's coming up to 7 years that I've been a part of this community. It has been interesting to see how it's changed over the years for better and for worse. There were a couple of times I threatened to leave and once I actually went on a sabbatical for a few months (Severely hurt my ego that no one missed me! :P).

So far I have only met one, now former, Avian in RL. My natural character as well as my location make me hesitant to meet up readily, but I'm sure that there will be some point when I'll eventually meet with some of you people that I've been corresponding with for years. Tip for when that actually happens: don't attempt to encourage me into debate! Some of you already know why!

So why did I write this post? Well, sometimes I like to reminisce. And, as mentioned above, there haven't been any posts for a couple of days so I thought I'd write one!

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:08 am 

Interesting...

Now I have been noticing that too for a couple of months now and the avarage daily post count has dropped...
It might be because people are busy going on holidays and such. and I have given up trying to come with a random topic (burp... scuse me) to my own ego hurt when there is no reply at all...

And to be honest you were missed when you where gone... like I miss other guys around the forums for not being one the boards anymore or are rarely around...

Anyway talking about remembering the past...

I had a talk with a friend of mine here locally. We ended up talking about SW:G and he told me about his experience and so on.
It turned out he played on Chilastra at the same time as me and went by the name of "Hykep" and he played, as I did, as a rebel pilot..
Now the funny part was I had met him ingame, played with him and even co-opped with him sometimes, although I didn't told him until later 'cause he was talking about this other idiotic player. A stubborn, quiet, suicidal pilot. But great none the less.

Anyway he went on and on about trying to recruit him into his squadron but the guy refuses all the time. The idiot wanted to join another PA called ATaT for some reason (His words not mine). But he had a great time until NGE and he never saw the guy again...

Now three years later, he has started following the news around EMU and he wanted me to play with him. I might not be "...as great as that Azz De...something..." but I am good in flight games. And I couldn't hold back the laughter anymore and ended up spitting at his face while laughing!

I told him the whole story and reminded him (once again) that ATaT was the PA I had told him about numerous time and asked him to join, in games like EVE and WoW. When he realised it he just couldn't stop taking to his head and laugh, then shout at me 'cause of the times I beat him in JtLS and then apologizing because of all the pressure he had built up if he shouold ever encounter the great, idiotic pilot again.

It was a blast remembering old times...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:59 am 

Azz, you just ran into this guy out in the world someplace? That's quite random...but cool!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:47 pm 
Spammer

X2-PB wrote:
So far I have only met one, now former, Avian in RL. My natural character as well as my location make me hesitant to meet up readily, but I'm sure that there will be some point when I'll eventually meet with some of you people that I've been corresponding with for years. Tip for when that actually happens: don't attempt to encourage me into debate! Some of you already know why!

ROFL... yeah. I went through London and tried to get together with you for 2 different meals, so stop yer bitchin.

And while we're on the subject of bitching.... now's a good a time as any to inform those who care (which likely aren't many, lol) that my wife and I seperated about a month ago. My life has been turned completely upside down and is just now getting back to some semblence of normalcy. Trying to find gaming time is very difficult, but I'm on the verge of getting that back in order.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

I see the same Avatars every week, but many have gone quite. I guess it is harder to build conversation momentum when we are not all playing the same game. I was hoping Age of Conan was going to inject more energy here, but it looks like that game did not deliver what many of us were looking for.

I feel like our forum has become a news source for future games that are out there. I don’t buy many games, so the few I buy need to be good. Before I read a review at IGN or anywhere else, I see what Avians are saying about that game. I would like to see us improve our gamming news posts. Then eventually I would like to see us find a game worthy of attracting the whole group again like in the SWG days. KOTOR Online?

Personally I would like to see us play Eve again. I enjoyed the mining ops when Avian and TCO had a strong showing. I would love to get back into the game, but I have all kinds of ships deep in a system whose sovereignty has changes so many times; now I am not sure I can get any of my ships out.

//Crap, I posted 5 hours after typing the above. Talon, lets talk.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:13 pm 
Spammer

Sorry to hear that, Talon. I hope everything falls into place for you.

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:20 pm 
Spammer

Well, this is E3 week so there's bound to be some good hype and previews to get us excited about something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:01 pm 

Who knows maybe warhammer will turn into a hit. Blizzard has announced that a new MMO is in the works, but I'm guessing that is a couple years off. What brought us together in the first place was we all had a common interest in the star wars universe and were so excited about SWG. People kept dropping off slowly and now we are left with a core group that just enjoys discussing various topics, lightly playing a game here and there. I myself stayed dormant for a couple of years just lurking around. I think the only thing that could really invigorate Avian is a new hit MMO or the chance at a new star wars mmo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:00 am 

Believe it or not, I still check these forums (almost) daily. I don't post much anymore, but, I'm always lurking, just waiting for the next big game that pulls us all together. :)

NCAA 2009 anyone ? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:08 am 
Spammer

nasiobo wrote:
Believe it or not, I still check these forums (almost) daily. I don't post much anymore, but, I'm always lurking, just waiting for the next big game that pulls us all together. :)

NCAA 2009 anyone ? :D

was thinking of picking it up for xbox. what system do you have?

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:05 pm 
Spammer

nasiobo wrote:

Hey ! I still check the forums too, not as much as I'd like but I'm also waiting for this game. However, seeing the variety of this community, I guess it'll be the next SW MMO...

Peace from France

Fly

PS : Good luck Talon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:28 pm 

Talon1977 wrote:
was thinking of picking it up for xbox. what system do you have?

I'm at the beach now, will be returning tomorrow. I have a xbox 360, will be trying out online play on Sunday.