Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fulltiltpoker.net
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:18 pm 
Spammer

anybody ever use it? If not, where do you play, if you play poker online?

Any problems funding accounts or any of that? Any tips on the ins and outs of online poker?

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:57 pm 
Spammer

I thought you were a spam bot when i saw this thread...hehe

but nope never heard of it

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:00 am 
Spammer

I have heard the name while watching poker on the TV but never played online. An ex-coworker was big into the online poker thing but I cannot remember which site he used.

If you are looking at not playing for real money to learn the ropes online first, I have heard good things about pokerstars.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:27 am 
Spammer

Ok, been playing a bit tonight on FullTiltPoker.com. There's a difference between FullTiltPoker.com and FullTiltPoker.net. The .net site does not allow you to play with real money. The .com site allows both.

So far I've been playing with fake money, but it's fun. There's some interesting reading on the site about people who went from 0 to 10,000 by playing the FreeRoll tournaments and making it big - Chris Ferguson being one of those guys.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:00 am 
Spammer

I play on PokerStars.com regularly and really like that site. I think it has the best options available right now for uploading funds.

All of the sites are stuck having to get around all the different State legislation keeping Banks from dealing directly with these sites, so most of them just do some elaborate dance around it.

FullTiltPoker.com is pretty good too, however they don't seem to offer as many bonuses as PokerStars.

Oh, and the .net vs. .com situation is the same for all the big Poker Sites. They use .net for the Fake money games, and .com for the real money.

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:12 am 
Site Admin

back when I played FullTilt was my favorite. It's been a year or more since I've played but I used to love getting into $25 tournaments and slow playing for hours.

PokerStars is equally good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:00 am 

Talon1977 wrote:
Ok, been playing a bit tonight on FullTiltPoker.com. There's a difference between FullTiltPoker.com and FullTiltPoker.net. The .net site does not allow you to play with real money. The .com site allows both.

So far I've been playing with fake money, but it's fun. There's some interesting reading on the site about people who went from 0 to 10,000 by playing the FreeRoll tournaments and making it big - Chris Ferguson being one of those guys.

I play free tournaments on ESPN Poker Club almost every night. They have big multi-table tourneys that give you points and, if you win, an entry into a qualifier where you can play for real money (I think it's like a $5000 entry or something). The people on there take it seriously and there are some real good players. That's the only problem I have with fake money... a lot of people just go all in right away and it's not realistic, but I don't see that as much on ESPN.

I also play PokerStars if I use up my fake money limit on ESPN for the day.

Section 5
Now Playing: WoW
--------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:44 pm 
Spammer

Yeah, that does tend to be the trend with the fake money tourneys. they run 90 seat tourneys on FullTilt, and within 20 mins, half the field has busted out. I've played 5 of those tourneys now, and place 58th once on a bad beat, but apart from that, I made a final table (and placed 8th), and placed 12th in one and 18th in another. I forget the others.

In the real money realm, the freerole tourneys are cool. I played one and got a dose of a LOT tougher play, busting out 2204th out of 2700. Gonna have to polish my game up a bit.

Over all my experience with FullTilt has been great.