Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: warhammer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:40 am 
Site Admin

I've been reading through the FAQ's. Not sure if this is a longterm type of game for me but I may pick it up this weekend. It seems to be pretty solo'able on the PvE side and group RvR PUGs should be easily joined.

Need to look into the classes but from what Ive read Ranged players are having an easier time soloing than melee. Healers, obviously, will also be welcomed but not sure their PvE solo-ability.

The game welcomes MODs, which in my opinion any new MMO needs to support them to have a fighting chance.

Anyone else going to pick it up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:06 am 
Spammer

See thread here:
http://avian-gamers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18786

There are at least a couple of us interested in the game. GodofGophers is already playing, and I hope to pick the game up tomorrow and get in the game Friday/Saturday.

GoG is playing on the Phoenix Throne server, Order side. He's part of a guild called The Guardians or something. Think GoG has an Engineer and a Warrior Priest rolled.

I am planning on playing a Witch Hunter as I had a ton of fun with it for the whopping 3 hours I played of the open beta.

Madson and Crodlar may or may not pick it up. I hope we could get a decent Avian presence in the game, even if it is just us being members of a bigger guild.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:27 pm 

Angelus wrote:
Madson and Crodlar may or may not pick it up. I hope we could get a decent Avian presence in the game, even if it is just us being members of a bigger guild.

If you guys do it, i'm definately more likely to be in sooner or later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:10 am 

Cordalis wrote:
Angelus wrote:

If you guys do it, i'm definately more likely to be in sooner or later.

Cool! I'm still liking it. Only lvl 10 but the combat is a blast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:05 pm 
Spammer

Slow down!!!! How am I suppose to catch up?

Build any cool turrets yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:19 pm 

11 now.

I can only make 3 different ones right now. One is single target, one does a flame thrower effect at short range and another launches grenades that do splash damage.

None of them do tremendous amounts of damage, but they are much more durable than say a Shaman totem. they are often ingored but I look at it as free dps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

got the game installed last night and just logged in about 20min ago for the first time.
Playing a Bright Wizard on the Phoenix server. Character name: Moniker.
Level 3, no real opinion of the game just yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:06 pm 
Spammer

GoG - I am just patching now and saw that Phoenix Throne characters have been clone copied to White Tower to help alleviate login queue times. Any word from your guild if they are going to move over?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:35 pm 

I'm playing (starting over :( ) on the Chaos Wastes server - the only full time RvRRP server.

Playing destruction side as a gobbo shaman - Popingutz

WoW - Fire Mage - RETIRED | SWG - Weaponsmith - RETIRED
MMOGGLERâ„¢ for online gamers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:51 am 

Angelus wrote:
GoG - I am just patching now and saw that Phoenix Throne characters have been clone copied to White Tower to help alleviate login queue times. Any word from your guild if they are going to move over?

We are staying on PT. Damn queues were nasty last night so I didn't play. If anything will get me to quit the game it'll be a #$%#@# queue time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:59 am 
Spammer

GodOfGophers wrote:
Angelus wrote:

We are staying on PT. Damn queues were nasty last night so I didn't play. If anything will get me to quit the game it'll be a #$%#@# queue time!

Exactly. That is why I was hoping they would move. All I did last night was activate my account and create 2 characters on Phoenix:
Karynn - Witch Hunter
Warkryme - Engineer (I know you're playing one but they look interesting/fun and I didn't want to create 2 humans - woulda played a warrior priest)

Has the server move even been discussed by them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

I played a bit last night for about 2 hours. I rolled a warrior priest and played for about 30min then rerolled a Bright Wizard and started having more fun. The DPS on the BW is pretty great. very glass cannon though. I only made it to level 5 when a CTD ended my fun for the night.

I'll keep playing over the weekend but maybe not past that. I'd like to get to level 15 or so (40 is cap) to see what some of the mid level mechanics are like.

Im on Pheonix Throne: Moniker. Though I am not really tied to any server so Im open for moving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:00 pm 

We are staying PT. That is the official word. It is believed that they are purposefully keeping the population low on some servers to help balance things out.

So... If I can make it through the tough queues then maybe it'll be a lot better. Sure hope so.

Roll the Eng if you like. It is a lot of fun and I think a couple together will do well.

Bright Wizards seem like a lot of fun. I may have to roll one. Engineers are fairly glassy and it isn't too tough to get away. I also think there's some really good synergy between a BW and Eng. And Eng can really create some room and breath for the BW to do his thing.

An Engineer's Acid Bomb lowers Corpereal Resistance by a huge amount, and while not a ton of the BWs damage is corpereal, a lot is. Would be fun to group up and see how much it makes a difference.

Look me up when you guys are on, and I'll do the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:50 pm 
Spammer

I'm looking at picking up a copy of the game soon and getting in. One concern from reading through these threads briefly is that is seems like we have Avians playing on all different servers with different guilds. Is this the case or not? If so, is there any talk of actually consolidating since we have a good bit of interest here?

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:53 pm 
Spammer

3 of us are playing on Phoenix Throne, Order side. Only Deak is playing elsewhere as Destruction. I suggest we make Phoenix our Avian Order presence and Chaos Wastes our Destruction home. There's only like 4 of us playing atm so I am going to just join whatever guild others are playing with on those servers.

I am up to rank 8, renoun 7 now. Very fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:08 am 

RL kicked me in the groin this weekend. I played only briefly this morning. Might be on later tonight.