Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:24 pm 
Spammer

New footage of a new mode released: Zombie Nazis!!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42003.html

Similar to Gears 2 "Horde" mode where you try and survive wave after wave of baddies.

Any other Xbox 360 Avians grabbing this title come Nov 11? This mode, combined with its 4 player online co-op campaign mode (2 player splitscreen for those so inclined), and killer CoD4-like online multiplayer has made this a surefire purchase for me. Even the announcement of "Death Cards" that you collect while playing to make baddies tougher, take less grenade dmg, you become a vampire and only regain health by killing mobs, adds to the icing on the cake.

COD4 rocked, and from what I have seen in the beta, this title is gonna rock harder. Definitely a contended for shooter of the year. Gears has got relegated to my xmas list.

Co-op video for those interested as well.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42012.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:13 pm 
Spammer

hmmmm.....

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:44 am 

This sounds an awful like Left 4 Dead, which I've been following for a bit.

www.l4d.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:03 pm 
Spammer

Yeah, L4D looks fun too. I don't know too much about it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:49 am 

Angelus wrote:
Yeah, L4D looks fun too. I don't know too much about it though.

It's seems quite a bit like Dawn of the Dead. It's coop play and, from the vids I've seen, extremely intense. I'll definitely pick it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:04 am 
Spammer

Bought the retail COD:WaW release and played some multiplayer last night. Unfortunately the hardcore game modes (no HUD and 1 shot kills) are not available until rank 18 but at this stage in the game everyone is on near equal footing since the levels and good hiding spots are all brand new.

Played for about an hour and hit rank 8. Very easy to do and incredibly fun. Treyarch took all the goodness that Infinity Ward developed in CoD4 and took it to a WW2 setting. The levels I played were quite varied and the spawn system appeared better than CoD4. I didn't respawn once only to die immediately because of campers. Very nice.

Hope to play some SP tonight and try out some co-op Thursday with buds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:58 am 
Spammer

Played the COD:WaW zombie mode for the first time last night. Played 4 player with some online buds and OMG what a blast!! Starts off quite slow, which is good since you only start with a pistol and the potential to buy a single shot rifle.

The short of it:

Wicked game mode. Absolutely brilliant addition/ bonus level (must finish the solo campaign in order to unlock). This, combined with the regular multiplayer gametypes makes WaW a must buy for any FPS fan (360 or PC).

The premise:

You start on the main floor of a bombed out building, as I say, only with a pistol. There are 5 or so boarded up windows that zombies move towards and try to break through. You can repair the boards in order to slow further zombies from entering to give you time to mow them down.

You earn points for each zombie you shoot and kill. More points for head shots. You use said points to buy new weapons and ammo, and to eventually unlock the upstairs or a smaller back room. The back room contains a chest that you spend points on and get a random weapon. Ranges from a ray gun (best gun in the game) to crap-tac-ular molotov cocktails.

As you progress through the waves of zombies, they become faster and more powerful and it becomes a serious challenge to move between windows to keep them out, repair busted boards, and revive downed teammates. Highest rank we attained was 12. We woulda beat that our last try (we had 2 ray guns and 2 heavy machine guns going to absolutely plow through zombies) except our host got disconnected. Dammit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:32 pm 

Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:09 pm 
Spammer

Best Buy USA now has CoD:WaW for $35 (X360 version only). Amazing deal, but no idea how long this price is in effect.

For those Avians with a 360 (or getting one soon), this is a deal that cannot be beat.

Link to the website:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8887644&st=call+of+duty&type=product&id=1211586957545