Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So......
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:15 pm 
Spammer

What's everybody playing now? Is there a game that's got the majority of Avian's population or is everyone pretty much all over the place.

I am currently playing Oblivion still. I'm looking to get back into an MMO again because frankly I miss the Avian fun. So what do I need to be looking at, MMO-wise?

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:37 am 

Still in WoW on the Alliance side with alot of the old WoW SoA members

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:12 am 
Site Admin

I'm still in WoW on the Alliance side too. Unlike Daishus my play is largely solo, or Static group with Danyale. We are bringing several pairs of characters in the 30's to 40's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:50 pm 
Spammer

GoG, Mads, Crod, myself, and one of Mads' buddies are still playing Horde on Maelstrom.

My play time has reduced from what it once was, but we are trying to get a static group thing going again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:59 pm 

Maelstrom Horde Side is still active too...

I'm working mostly on my Paladin (72 currently), and Death Knight (63 currently).

Others still around are Madson, Gopher, and Angelus. We also have new members since you left, Unglued and Kyleman. Most of us have toons spread out on different levels.

You'll always catch someone on here and there, although most of the play is solo. Madson and I try to group up whenever we are on together. The last couple Fridays have been pretty good as far as playing in small group form and questing around a bit (Last friday we questing in the 61-62 Level range, and those characters are now 63-64ish.

I remember you had a 58 hunter? By the way, since you got past 55, you could create a 55 Death Knight on any server you wanted.

Leveling to 70 is easier now also, takes about 1/4 of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:12 pm 
Spammer

Interesting. Explain the "create a Death Knight" part.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:16 pm 

Talon1977 wrote:
Interesting. Explain the "create a Death Knight" part.

If you have leveled a character to 55, you can Create a level 55 DK, which is a new "hero" class. They are quite fun to play and you can even make on on any server you want! (and apparently on more than just one...so you could have a level 55 DK on every server I would assume.)

You'll need to have both Expansions to create a DK, and to get to the Outlands and Northrend.

The DK's level fairly quickly to 58 and then you can get started in Outlands. Plus leveling from 60 to 70 is now faster, they reduced the XP needed for each level quite a bit...(hence the 4x faster statement).

Are you thinking about playing WoW again??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:08 pm 
Spammer

I'm seriously considering it. I've been working out of town for the last 6 months and only coming back on weekends. It would have been impossible to play while living out of a suitcase in a hotel because the internet connection at the hotel was HORRIBLE. It has been completely miserable. But I'll be back home now for at least the next 6 months or so before heading out again someplace else, so I think I might want to put in another 6 months worth of WoW addiction.

I'll have to see what happens though, with the Death Knight thing, because I sold my account when I quit last time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:26 pm 

Talon1977 wrote:
I'm seriously considering it. I've been working out of town for the last 6 months and only coming back on weekends. It would have been impossible to play while living out of a suitcase in a hotel because the internet connection at the hotel was HORRIBLE. It has been completely miserable. But I'll be back home now for at least the next 6 months or so before heading out again someplace else, so I think I might want to put in another 6 months worth of WoW addiction.

I'll have to see what happens though, with the Death Knight thing, because I sold my account when I quit last time.

welll...Mads recently did this whole recruit a friend thing...and they got like 300% experience and flew threw the levels...

So, basically....If one of use "recruits" you....you and whoever recruits you can get a HUGE xp boost. They got to 60 in about 4-5 weeks...I'll let them tell you the details, if they even read this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:51 am 
Spammer

Urgalte the warrior Orc lives. Long live Urgalte.

I need bags. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:33 pm 

Talon1977 wrote:

I need bags. lol

Seriously?! cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:25 pm 
Spammer

Cordalis wrote:
Talon1977 wrote:

I need bags. lol

Seriously?! cool!

Apparently I'm not able to send or receive mail or use the auction system with the 10-day trial. Whatever you sent me, we'll have to trade in-game or I can wait until my friday when I plan on upgrading to the full game.

I'm in Ogrimmar and up to lvl 10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:42 pm 
Spammer

Do we still have a Scourge forum? I don't have access if we do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:48 pm 

Talon1977 wrote:

We do have a good Scourge forum. It's pretty active, and I'd invite anyone to come by and have a look and post.

My guess is that, Crod, in one of his many fits of rage, took your permission away.

Last edited by GodOfGophers on Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:15 pm 
Spammer

Talon - I've set you up with Scourge access. Let me know if its not working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:42 pm 
Spammer

GodOfGophers wrote:
Talon1977 wrote:

We do have a good Scourge forum. It's pretty active, and I'd invite anyone to come by and have a look and post.

My guess is that, Crod, in one of his many fits of rage, took your permission away.

That doesn't surprise me. While inviting people to come have a look is a great idea for recruitment, how are they going to see it if it's restricted without special permission?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:45 pm 

I'm not really sure why it's restricted at all. There's certainly nothing in there that needs to be hidden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:11 pm 

GodOfGophers wrote:
I'm not really sure why it's restricted at all. There's certainly nothing in there that needs to be hidden.

Because being a member is a special priv...and I hope it can stay that way! I don't want just anyone poking around in our private posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:07 am 

dbakke and I are still playing EVE with The Dead Parrot Shoppe, but he is on a sabbatical. He and the Mrs just had child number 1 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:34 pm 

Aranarth wrote:
... playing EVE with The Dead Parrot Shoppe...

:lol: Man, I wish that game could capture my attention! I try! I really do! that's enough to want to join. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:34 pm 

TALON!

are you playing much? I never see you on...I know we arn't full tilt busy when you must play but we are there nevertheless!

I saw you over the weekend for a sec and tried to add you to the Avian guild...are you in another guild??

When do you play? We are mostly on in the evenings, especially on Monday and I think Friday. Make sure you join the /soa channel if you havn't...

Friends also to add would be Crodlar, Cordlynn (non Avian guild)...and Corlin, Crodmar, Corvant, and Crod for my toons still in Avian.

You should also add any of the toons listed for the other scourge players on the forum here to your friend list in case we are on. Avian members that still play regularly are...

Cordalis, Madson, Angelus, GodofGopher, Kyleman, and Unglued.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:58 am 

I think I was one of the last Avians to leave SWG. I took a long break from MMOs after than and then starting playing WoW.

I am currently on Gorefiend playing Horde.

Anyone ever hear from Shadow's?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:22 am 
Spammer

Trin!!!

Whaddup dude??

Finally got tired of ruling the SWG universe as an uber-jedi eh?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:39 pm 

lakini81 wrote:
I think I was one of the last Avians to leave SWG. I took a long break from MMOs after than and then starting playing WoW.

What's with all the high toons over there?! You should transfer them!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:46 pm 

Cordalis wrote:
lakini81 wrote:

Its it PvE or PvP server?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:50 am 

lakini81 wrote:
Cordalis wrote:
lakini81 wrote:

Its it PvE or PvP server?

Maelstrom- RPPvP....and about 3:1 Horde/Alliance right now it seems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:14 am 
Site Admin

I am currently game-less. I pop into WoW for a day or two here and there but for all intents and purposes I am not currently gaming. I have never really been a console gamer and since I am a Mac guy my PC gaming options are limited at best.

I am following SWTOR with great interest but since that game is a good year away I am just wondering aimlessly in the gaming ether. When I am in WoW I am still on Dalaran with my DK but he is just somewhere around lvl 73 or so. Finding a good static group would be great but my work schedule means I would probably just have to drop out after a few missed weeks. Such is life.

Still...is SWTOR ends up flicking the awesome switch, Moge may make a comeback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:58 pm 

I made a DK there. Trinlakini

I will check it out. Look me up. I think i have a few extra 60s hanging around somewhere that I can transfer.

What guild are you all in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:11 pm 

lakini81 wrote:
I made a DK there. Trinlakini

I will check it out. Look me up. I think i have a few extra 60s hanging around somewhere that I can transfer.

What guild are you all in?

Most of our low-mid toons are in the "Scourge of Avian", our upper level toons are mostly in "Dark Days"

We are generally all connected to the /soa channel regardless of which guild the toons are in. That's probably the easiest way to see if someone is on and chat with avians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:34 pm 

So when do you guys usually play??? I keep logging in and no one is home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:55 am 

lakini81 wrote:
So when do you guys usually play??? I keep logging in and no one is home.

Depends on who you're looking for...your best odds though for a Majority seem to be Monday nights, and Friday or Saturday night sometimes picks up and goes later.