Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:36 pm 
Spammer

I just had the worst experience trying to order a camera from an online electronics dealer called "DigitalsFuture.com." After doing my research on where I could get the lowest price one what I was looking for, I found a site called Everyprice.com which ranks out different info from different distributors. So I picked the one that was about $100 cheaper than the rest.

I plugged in my order and shipping info last Wednesday and expected the damn thing to ship by Friday. But lo and behold on Friday the only thing that left their office was an email telling me to call "Barry" at ext. 205 to confirm my order. What the hell's a confirmation page for, if not to confirm an order????

So on Friday I call, and I am told by a very friendly recorded voice that no one works a full work week at their company and the lazy sobs are off on Fridays, and wouldn't return until Monday.

So I just got off the phone with the said "Barry." And after the bastard tried to sell me about 4 other unnecessary extras to go with my camera, I said, "Barry, please just send me what I ordered, I'm very busy." He starts talking over me trying to sell me a warranty extension, and when I tell him no, he doesn't give up and continues trying to sell me the warranty. I interrupted him and said "Barry, you're not listening... send me my camera. That's all I want."

He then says, "Sir if you don't let me finish my pitch, I'll cancel your order."

Dumbfounded, I said, "Really? You know what, you go ahead and do that. I won't be doing business with your company." I was fuming that this is what customer service has come to in this country.

The only truly efficient moment was that within 60 seconds of hanging up, I saw an email had come in telling me that my order had been canceled.

So does anyone have any feedback on where to get a good deal on a new Sony A350? I'm pissed.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:33 pm 
Site Admin

I stick to the big name stores. I just preordered a camera from Amazon. I’m hoping it will ship before we head to the Bahamas. I’m kind of sweating it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:03 am 

Like Cy said, stick with the big names. In fact, I'd say stick with a store near you so if you have immediate problems, you've got a face to talk to and not another "Barry" working out of Queens that you can only reach via phone or email. In fact, check out some local camera stores - you'd be surprised what they have and for how much.

There's a reason Barry was so much cheaper. Buy where you get the best service and support them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:25 pm 

Talon1977 wrote:
I was fuming that this is what customer service has come to in this country.

First thought was "capitalism" in my mind, no offence intended...

But as the others said, if buying from the net go with the big names.
If you can find a the same product nearby to nearly the same price where you can go face to face you should go there...

Living where I live I am often force to go with the expensive choise since I'll have to wait up to two months for fixing a thing where you might wait two weeks.
(Didn't feel it was clear enough). What I am saying is that I am forced to take the face-to-face option due to the fact that when I buy online it is 100% overseas and will take forever for me to send my broken equipment and get it sent back...