Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:29 am 

Quote:
The Star Wars Saga in 3D!

Lucasfilm Ltd. announced today that the live-action Star Wars Saga will be converted to 3D! There are few movies that lend themselves more perfectly to 3D; from the Death Star trench run to the Tatooine Podrace, the Star Wars Saga has always delivered an entertainment experience that is completely immersive. Presented by Twentieth Century Fox and Lucasfilm Ltd., the cutting edge conversion will take that immersion to the next thrilling level, with Industrial Light & Magic supervising the project. Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace is expected to be released theatrically in 2012. A release date has not yet been determined.

"Getting good results on a stereo conversion is a matter of taking the time and getting it right," said John Knoll, Visual Effects Supervisor for Industrial Light & Magic. "It takes a critical and artistic eye along with an incredible attention to detail to be successful. It is not something that you can rush if you want to expect good results. For Star Wars we will take our time, applying everything we know both aesthetically and technically to bring audiences a fantastic new Star Wars experience."

To see an exclusive video with Knoll discussing his role in 3D stereo conversion, click on the image below to be taken to our video player.

Source: http://www.starwars.com/movies/saga/ann ... index.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:31 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

hmm.....

I wonder how many other things will get re-worked this time around! Maybe we'll get back to Han shooting first!

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:23 pm 

They'll probably put han's hands on the table, then he starts to yawn, stretching all the way up and greedo shoots, misses so han finishes his yawn, and unholsters his blaster, then shoots greedo in the arm wounding him enough to teach him a lesson... and everybody's happy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:45 am 
Site Admin

I have a bad feeling about this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:46 pm 

Mixed emotions.
I've seen the opening scene of IV and part of the pod race (you know, about a half-hour) in 3D.
I have issues with objects out of focus in 3D - you can't throw something in my face and have it out of focus (aperture setting issue), in 3D you have to let the audience look where they want and the film would have been shot diiferently.

At ComicCon I saw a 15min trailer for The Green Hornet that was also originally filmed in 2D and converted with this new process and it did look really good.

WoW - Fire Mage - RETIRED | SWG - Weaponsmith - RETIRED
MMOGGLER™ for online gamers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:43 pm 
Spammer

Cyrus Rex wrote:

Q
F
T

I sure wish Lucas would just leave the films be. Special Edition this, Limited Edition that, turn things 3D... Bah. I'd rather see him turn creative control over to someone else (including letting them have the final say on quality) and work on an Episodes 7-9 trilogy.

/ducks for Azz posting

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:32 am 
Spammer

Angelus wrote:
Cyrus Rex wrote:

Q
F
T

I sure wish Lucas would just leave the films be. Special Edition this, Limited Edition that, turn things 3D... Bah. I'd rather see him turn creative control over to someone else (including letting them have the final say on quality) and work on an Episodes 7-9 trilogy.

/ducks for Azz posting

QQFFTT!! here here! Good posts.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:55 pm 

Ive come to the conclusion that all Lucas cares about anymore is the cash..............................

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:23 am 

Talon1977 wrote:
Angelus wrote:
Cyrus Rex wrote:

Q
F
T

/ducks for Azz posting

QQFFTT!! here here! Good posts.

Agree

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

I just finished watching the clone wars season 1-3 for the first time. Some people hate how the shows turned the Mandalorians into peace hippies, but overall I like the show. What really surprises me is how much EU they have included in the show. GL is in charge of the show, and he is allowing all kinds of EU content. I am shocked.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:48 pm 

Cyrus Rex wrote:
I just finished watching the clone wars season 1-3 for the first time. Some people hate how the shows turned the Mandalorians into peace hippies, but overall I like the show. What really surprises me is how much EU they have included in the show. GL is in charge of the show, and he is allowing all kinds of EU content. I am shocked.

True enough, but there is still alot that has been changed. The Mandalorian aspect is one of them.

The training of Clone Soldiers. (With cadets going through group based training like Republic Commando's, but still regular soldiers. Promotion to ARC troopers even though the ARC (excepts for Nulls) are personally trained by Jango Fett, whereas troopers and RC's gettin traning by ARC are being called Commanders.

Ryloth being changed into a regular planet with solar cycles and above ground cities, despite EU stating that one side of planet is constantly facing the sun, and cities exist underground along the twilight zone, with the occational fierce heatstorms.

And don't get me started on Anakins Jedi Master status... (Although, those with a little brain can quickly figure out the fate of Padawan Tano)

But all in all an entertaining show.