All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:03 pm 

What is your all-time favorite quest?
Describe and tell us why.

WoW - Fire Mage - RETIRED | SWG - Weaponsmith - RETIRED
MMOGGLERâ„¢ for online gamers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:26 am 
Site Admin

I still like the lead up to our PA hall. It was not a game made quest, but in a way it was our own player made quest. We had a huge mineral gathering effort in full swing. Meanwhile we had a team of fighters training up and running missions for credits, and an architect training up for the PA Hall Deed. The planning and the execution of that plan was so much fun. Do we use our resources to build larger harvesters, or do we save those resources for the PA hall? Do we build more harvesters or factories or save those resources for the PA hall. Coming over a hill seeing all those Avian harvesters was amazing.

The setting I particularly remember was running around emptying the harvesters and filling them up with credits. We were on Naboo and these Dr. Seuss looking mobs would give me hell in the center of the map. I was a weak noob, and even through these mobs were the bottom of the food chain, they were usually more than I could handle. A few other Avian miners began accompanying me to make the Seuss mobs easier to deal with. We were all noobs, but the added firepower increased our odds of surviving the fight. We were mending our wounds from a recent battle when we received a distress call from another Avian pinned down on the north ridge. The gang and I headed up there to help, we may have disposed of the original danger but more mobs showed up and were more than we could handle. More and more Avian miners began showing up, but for every step forward we made, the new mobs would send us two steps back. Before I knew it we were scattered and losing the fight. Then, not a moment too soon our Avian fighters appeared over the ridge clearing a hole in the enemy lines so we could get to our injured comrades. Before I knew it we had the majority of the PA there giving us cover as a few of us tended to the harvesters.

That was so much fun.

I will try to think of a game made quest.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:57 am 
Spammer

Cyrus Rex wrote:
I still like the lead up to our PA hall. It was not a game made quest, but in a way it was our own player made quest. We had a huge mineral gathering effort in full swing. Meanwhile we had a team of fighters training up and running missions for credits, and an architect training up for the PA Hall Deed. The planning and the execution of that plan was so much fun. Do we use our resources to build larger harvesters, or do we save those resources for the PA hall? Do we build more harvesters or factories or save those resources for the PA hall. Coming over a hill seeing all those Avian harvesters was amazing.

The setting I particularly remember was running around emptying the harvesters and filling them up with credits. We were on Naboo and these Dr. Seuss looking mobs would give me hell in the center of the map. I was a weak noob, and even through these mobs were the bottom of the food chain, they were usually more than I could handle. A few other Avian miners began accompanying me to make the Seuss mobs easier to deal with. We were all noobs, but the added firepower increased our odds of surviving the fight. We were mending our wounds from a recent battle when we received a distress call from another Avian pinned down on the north ridge. The gang and I headed up there to help, we may have disposed of the original danger but more mobs showed up and were more than we could handle. More and more Avian miners began showing up, but for every step forward we made, the new mobs would send us two steps back. Before I knew it we were scattered and losing the fight. Then, not a moment too soon our Avian fighters appeared over the ridge clearing a hole in the enemy lines so we could get to our injured comrades. Before I knew it we had the majority of the PA there giving us cover as a few of us tended to the harvesters.

That was so much fun.

I will try to think of a game made quest.

That's great! I totally remember that day. I didn't get in on the fight, as I was back with our "architect" but I remember chat totally lit up and I kept debating on whether or not I should try to go help. That was one of my first real days helping with the effort, and I only had a little time left before logging off. So, now I am aching to see our History written up In-Character!

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:54 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

Master Gui-Jan wrote:
So, now I am aching to see our History written up In-Character!
That's a great idea, but let's try to get the OOC one done first!!

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:25 pm 
Spammer

Deak Almar wrote:
What is your all-time favorite quest?
Describe and tell us why.

From any game ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:32 pm 

Yeah any game.
Favorite from favorite games works as well.

WoW - Fire Mage - RETIRED | SWG - Weaponsmith - RETIRED
MMOGGLERâ„¢ for online gamers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

I like many of the early WoW quests that introduced you to a new area, or drastically new scenery. But I am having a very hard time thinking a particular one. I guess what I liked most was the big reveals, or the sense of scale the zone portrayed. Some of those maps even made kill x mobs or collect x loot quest fun just because of the scenery.

I will keep thinking of an all-time favorite quest.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:29 am 
Spammer

Cy, remember when we used to run all over Naboo together questing? Those were fun.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:34 am 
Site Admin

Yeah Talon, I remember us on a hill, overlooking a herd of mobs, planning our noob assault. We were so weak, but that was so much fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:40 am 
Spammer

You might have been weak. I was awesome. :lol: Fun times!

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

In WoW I really liked the quests that took me to the next area at the right time. The area was still hard so I had to stay on top of things. The reason I liked these quests was because of the beautiful map transitions. I loved how vastly different Elwynn Forest was from Westfall, Duskwood, and Stranglethorn.

Still not my all time favorite quest. I am still thinking about that!