Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Darths and Droids
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:15 am 
Spammer

I'm sure someone has posted this before (heck, it may even have been me) but I can't find it, and my meager use of the search function has yielded no results.

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, you really need to check out the webcomic Darths and Droids:
http://www.darthsanddroids.net/

It is a webcomic in a similar vein as DM of the Rings (http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?cat=14). If you aren't familiar with that, it was a comic based on the Lord of the Rings movies, done as an adventure being run by a group of friends playing a Dungeons and Dragons style pen-and-paper role playing game in a world where the Lord of the Rings doesn't exist. Very funny, and well worth reading.

Darths and Droids is still going strong, and is slowly but surely working its way through Episode 3. I believe they plan to keep the campaign going through the OT as well. The comics follow the story loosely (they have to, as they are using screen captures from the movies) but often minor and major plot devices are completely altered to fit the campaign.

This has an interesting side-effect: Often, the comic is more internally-consistent and makes more sense than does the actual movies, and it tends to highlight the plot failures and poor writing that crop up in the prequels. Once they finish with Episode 3, I'm really curious to see what will come of the OT.

Regardless, the entire thing is a lot of fun and well worth your time, especially if you have a lot of down time for reading the internet. It will take quite a bit of time to get through them, though. They are currently on strip #489.

Post subject: Re: Darths and Droids
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

Good stuff! I am enjoying it so far. Thanks for the find.