Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Madson's Back & PAX East
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:31 pm 

I know that it's been forever since I've been on, but once I had kid(s) it was almost impossible to play MMOs. That and I've been learning how to make games, which sadly means I've played a TON less of all games than before.

Anyhoo. Long story short, I started to learn game development by jumping in and trying to build my own game. In order to do so I needed a partner. I found a programmer who was interested and eventually we found a concept and 2D artist to help out.

Our first game was Triangulation, a 3rd person shooter using the UDK You can download it (warts and all) at our website CodeCyclone.com. I created all of the game mechanics and levels, music, sound FX, 3D models and custom animations for the characters and environments for the game. The problem is, 2.5 guys working part time just can't expect to compete with games like Gears of War, or anything with a 70M budget and 100+ full time professionals. At least we're not talented enough to do so. Yet.

So we decided to start a new game. This time it was smaller and more niche. It's an update of the live action Assassin game that you learn about here. It's a website that operates like an App, (so no download). It's called KillingSocial, and you can learn about it at KillingSocial.com. We have just opened it up to beta and have had a really great response.

So I'm taking it to PAX East to try and get people to try it out. I'd really like you guys to try it out as well. It's free to play (there are limited microtransactions for mroe advanced portions of the game) and you need a few people with iPhones, iPod Touches or Android OS 4.0 and higher phones with Chrome to play. You'll also need at least 5 people to play with. It's a lot of fun in office settings. My sister is a nurse and the women that she showed it to got really into it.

That's my shpeel! Sorry it's been so long. How have you guys been? I saw that SWKTOR went free to play, I really wanted to try it out, but game development and children can be huge time sinks...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:12 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Hello! :)

Good luck with the game development. Best I've managed to do so far is write Pong in Javascript!

A few of us have been working on a Pathfinder RPG game here on the forums. We haven't actually started yet and it seems to have stalled a bit. But that should be fun when we get it up and running.

I've also been getting into following the development of Star Citizen. I'm a huge Wing Commander fan so it's really going to be the thing for me.

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:17 am 
Site Admin

Cool news. I'll try to check it out.