Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Problems on Chilastra
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:20 pm 
Spammer

Well in game problems made playing much harder tonight. Without ingame tells and email, coordination is nigh on impossible.

Ran some destroy missions with Rom tonight. He got killed and I waited for him to come back, which he did. We finished our last mission and while harvesting corpses get jumped my maulers. I am down to 1/3 health in no time and I agree with Rom wholeheartedly when he says @@#@RUN! We put a burst on and barely escape the baddies. Then Rom runs into veermok right at the end of our burst run. They kill him and chase me but I escape. Apparently veermok have an affinity for fish.

We're finished with our missions and when Rom came back last time I didn't see him loot his corpse. I assume he has insurance since he is carrying large sums of cash, but can I be sure? I go take a look and there are 3 red con veermok camping his body. Maybe he isn't coming back because we finished the 4 missions and he has all his belongings. I hope he is okay because I have to sleep before work.

Long story truncated, I can't /tell or email him and feel guilty about leaving him there. I hope email and tell gets fixed in the next patch. As well as saving ui preferences.

Perhaps Avian should have a communication protocol that says if you lose com, go to chat or something. Well, hope the president and Avian's money is safe. If not I will sacrifice myself to recover that corpse tomorrow afternoon. Good night all.

RHO

My name is Tobias Smith and I approved this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:44 pm 
Site Admin

....continuing the tale

This is the problem with burst run. I don't know if its my computers fault or the servers, but those nasty Veermok didn't appear on my radar till one was about...ohhhh 2 meters from me! :shock: So, I made an obscenity and ran away from the heard. I got about 4 steps in before I got pumelled and slain. Well, to fill in the holes, no I was not insured for any of that money and pretty much none of my items but my clothes and goggles. Considering that there was over 67,000 credits sitting on my body I of course went to go retrieve it. When I got there those Veermoks were still hanging out by my body. I managed to sneak up on them, loot my body from like 10meters away, and got the hell out of there.

All's well that ends well. I may stick with delivery missions from now on though. :wink:

Quote:
They kill him and chase me but I escape. Apparently veermok have an affinity for fish.
Before they cleaned me I think I saw some tartar sauce in the hands of one of them. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:47 pm 
Sock Puppet

Official Avian Mascot - Sock Puppet
Board of Directors - Ex-Chairman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:27 am 
Spammer

Well, I forgot to mention, after tells failed I emailed Rom to consent me to loot so I could get his stuff and meet back in town. Would have been easier, maybe. Good job getting the corpse though because there were three red dots to me within 10 m of the body. I thought it would take an army to get the stuff back, or at least a wookie to get the mob to chase him while Rom looted!

Rom: I think you may have some computer problems or internet problems. I saw the mob and veered away, only stopping when they killed you. Part of it was the burst run expiring at just the wrong time though as well as having a little extra warning because you were in front.
Anyway have about 7k for you next time I see you in game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:34 am 

Nasty. The more I see of destroys (Raptic and I went on a total newbie mission, it ws right next to some nasty reds, he got incapped, but no deaths), the more I like delivers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:21 am 
Spammer

Romsuiag wrote:
....continuing the tale

This is the problem with burst run. I don't know if its my computers fault or the servers, but those nasty Veermok didn't appear on my radar till one was about...ohhhh 2 meters from me! :shock:

I don't know much, but these are my thoughts on this. Something similar happened to the group I was in. I honestly feel that if our graphics settings were cranked up higher, and you were running on Gazillion Jiggawatt CPU with a integrated Tub of Ram, you would probably have seen the Mob long before you did. Kind of lame I think.

Tip: take it slow through the wilds.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:45 pm 
Spammer

Talon: We really didn't have a choice when we burst ran. We were gonna pawned if we didn't. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:57 pm 

yea, happens to me lots of times .. the red aggros just landing right on top of me. There is almost nothing you can do. It's very frustrating when you're with a group .. say of 4 or more and this happens. It's more than likely someone is going to get attacked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

My thoughts on our burst running...

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:42 pm 

Happened to me today. Some butt crazy maulers too. I was wondering naboo and was like cool a building. Don't wander by buildings deep in naboo wilderness. Next thing i know there are 5 red dots all around me, and i take 430 mind damage from one blow, or perhaps it was combined blows, either way it hurt a lot. Anyway, burstrun saved me, but i did pass a corpse or 2 nearby ha (the cursed maulers were human i think, but they had over 4300 in every stat).