Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:25 pm 
Spammer

At around 9PM EDT, I get an email from Fifel saying some people are headed to Lok to get iron, do I want to go. I have a ton of stuff to do but I say I'll meet you in about 40 mins. I am about to place a harvester but my waypoints are screwed so I log out to fix them. Now I can't log back in. I get the never ending Connecting to Galaxy message and will end up looking like an asshole for making everyone wait, then standing them up. I am so glad we're on Chilastra.

Frustrated as hell.

My name is Tobias Smith and I approved this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:57 pm 
Spammer

Well 50 mins and I still can't get on. Believe me I am cursing up a storm at Sony, LucasArts and even the devs right now. I am almost hoping they bork macros if this means I will be able to get on the %^$%^$ server when I want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:08 pm 

It happens to everyone, so i def think they would be understanding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:50 am 
Spammer

MUST... STOP... Blood Pressure... From... rising. Ah there all better. Yes I think anyone who has played this game for a week would understand. It still doesn't make you feel any better when...

Better stop there, just started feeling better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:31 am 
Site Admin

May be I a superstitious, but when this happens to me( it happens a lot), I think if I close out SWG and try again I end up getting in again.

It could all be in my head, but I am amazed how the never needing connection can sit and wait forever..... yet sometime just by restarting I can get in within 10 seconds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:07 pm 
Spammer

I have seen that happen definitely, however I closed and restarted 10 times at least, nothing helped until they reset the server at around 10 o'clock

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:49 pm 
Spammer

This happens to me quite often. I usually just get to the loading screen and then leave my computer to do something else, like change the laundry or make some food. More often than not I'm in by the time I get back I'm in. About the only time it doesn't work is when the server is down, but "All servers are up"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:07 am 

ahh i have had this - the simple test is if it doesnt connect in under 1 min

go back to character create and look at the chilastra server

if it says full thats your answer....the server is at max capacity and you can login till someone logs out.

in my experience it does happen.

What they need to do is add that feedback to you when trying to connect....oh well.

i'll /bug it when i next login.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:01 am 
Spammer

I am sure the server was full, I just think it stinks when you are pretty much forced to log out to fix a bug then lose your spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:44 am 

Marrok wrote:
I usually just get to the loading screen and then leave my computer to do something else, like change the laundry or make some food.

I want one of those, my computer refuses to do laundry but it makes one helluva lasagne :D