Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Building Upkeep Study
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:05 pm 

To start off, I have 10 small harvesters, all set up at the exact same spot. I noticed that even though the credit drain is listed as 15, and power at 25, the power drain actually seemed lower than the credit drain. So I ran a little experiment, taking screenshots of the status screen of my small harvesters at 1 hr incriments.

Results:

Time(hours): 0 1
Credits("): 725 695
Power(units*): 569.4... 544.52...

Difference in credits: 30/hr
Difference in power: 24.92.../hr

*I used wind energy for power

Thus the power drain even though it is listed as (25) is actually less than the credit drain that is listed as (15). These numbers are correct, since 720 credits and 598 power will run the small harvester for a full 24 hours. The actual values for power (based upon a 720 credit per day at 15 drain) would be a 2/3% increase of the amount spent on credits, so it should be 1200, however this shoes that harvesters are running at 1/2 standard rate for some reason. I'm not going to complain though.

Results: Maybe power sell values will drop since their demand will be cut in half. The going rate right now is from 4-2 credits per unit, today however, I saw even a 1 credit per unit sale of over 4 thousand units (all on the galactic bazaar).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:01 pm 

A few things I have picked up, I think they should help.

Maintenance - the number listed in Status box for Maintenance is per Half an Hour. Don't ask me why. Small houses are 8 which means 384/day. Personal Mining and other harvesters are 15, which is 720/day. And wind harvesters are 30 which is 1440/day

Always pay maintenance upfront. You will pay nearly double (and your harvesters won't work) if you don't.

Power Consumption - The number listed under status is power used per hour. Personal harvesters list as 25, which is 600 per day. The odd numbers ("0:14") are, I believe, the number of days followed by the number of hours your power will last. 2:14 means you have 2 days and 14 hours power in the unit.

Output - when you "Operate Machinery", after you have chosen the resource, the number listed on the left is the rate your harvester is working on the chosen resource. This is listed PER MINUTE. .84 means you make .84 of your resource per minute, 50.4 per hour, and 1210 per day.

Calculating your extraction rate before you place a harvester

Personal harvesters have a base rate of 2/hr, except wind which are 5/hr. Mediums are 4/hr, except solar which is 8/hr (less than double but the maintenance is exactly the same 1440/day as wind). Larges, or so I have been told, are 6/hr.

Multiply the Efficiency for your chosen resource at the spot you are considering by the base rate for your harvester size, and then by 1440 (24 hours of 60 minutes each).

Example:

Steel is 59% where you are standing, and you have a personal mineral harvester. If you place it there, the harvester will read "1.08" (2/hr base times 59% efficiency) which means 1.08 steel per minute, and 1555 per day. So it will cost you 720 credits, plus 600 power, every day, and you will get 1555 steel until that kind of steel runs out.

I hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:06 pm 

I just put my third solar near my house at 50%, which means that I will be making .5(efficeincy)*3(harvesters)*8(solar rate)*20(minutes)*24(hours) for 17,280 power every day. These cost me 1440 to run, so the operating cost is 4320 credits, or 4320/17280 or .25 credits per unit of power. I could sell power for 1 credit each and still make >13k credits a day for the harvesters.

Frankly, I'll probably just keep these and move them and maybe sell when I get overloaded with power, though I should be able to contribute some to the guild as well. We'll see how long it takes for Naboo's sun to be exhausted ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:28 pm 

awesome posts and a great help. thanks a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:20 pm 

Quote:
I just put my third solar near my house at 50%, which means that I will be making .5(efficeincy)*3(harvesters)*8(solar rate)*20(minutes)*24(hours) for 17,280 power every day. These cost me 1440 to run, so the operating cost is 4320 credits, or 4320/17280 or .25 credits per unit of power. I could sell power for 1 credit each and still make >13k credits a day for the harvesters.

After some recalculation i do think you made a typo; the 20 mins should be 60.

0.5 [eff] x 3 [harvesters] x 8 [yield/hr] x 24 [hr/day] x 60 [min/hr] = 17280

Good result tho, and good post! :)

Any idea on the power requirements of medium and large harvesters?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:39 pm 

You're right, Cheetah, these new time units still mess me up (sixty minutes to an hour, what are those 'new-age' Babylonians thinking?).

One more number, the cost to-redeed your structure (destroy it and get the deed back) is 100 times the base cost of mainenance. So for a small house, listing at maintenance = 8, the cost is 800, for personals, the cost is 1500 (except wind), and so on.

The more I play the more I realize that it really is worth the effort to redeed your stuff and move it, even if it's a hike.

Also, make sure you have the income to pay for what you put down, sucks to find out you have 20k/day maintenance and the first time you can't do enough missions you have upkeep problems. Try to have at least a day's maintenance on hand at all times in cash.

Finally, it costs very little to pay more upfront for big-ticket maintenance. Not personals, mind you, destroy and remake IMHO, but mediums I'd keep 3k in pretty much all the time, if you use them you have money in to keep them going, if you don't then you'd need 3k anyway to re-deed.