Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Droids 201
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:56 pm 
Spammer

I can now make the weapons crafting modules to add to droids. Other DroidTek members can make advanced Droids. Soon we will rule the world.

Modules will be sold in the DroidTek shop vendor. Only Droid Engineers can use modules, so you might want to just place orders with one of us to have an entire Droid made. I'll also place mouse droids with each module in the DroidTek Vendor (behind the Hall) so you can buy the ones you want.

You must add a module to a droid when it's built, you can't add it on later. All modules that are built into the droids have different stats and bonuses, based on the experimentation of the crafter. They all work as long as the droid with those modules are called and within 5 (I think) meters. Here's what some of them do, of course higher levels have more bonuses:

--Weapons Crafting: Allows you to craft as though you were next to a weapons and droid crafting station
--Food Crafting: same as above
--Tailor Crafting: same as above
--Droid Repair: Not exactly sure, but it requires a droid brain, so it might let your droids repair stuff
--Level (1-6) Medical Module: Allows you to tend wounds like in a hospital
--Level (1-6) Data Storage Module: Holds waypoints and missions. Missions work, I did 10 in a row last night without going back to the city
--Level (1-6) Item Storage Module: Holds Items when you drag them on top of your called-out droid. You can later 'Open' your droid to retrieve them (you cannot drag them into the Droid's container). These sometimes dissapear when the droid wanders away or is killed, so watch out. Usually, they come back to your inventory.
--Level (1-6) Droid Armor Modules: Take a guess

- (Stupid, Sarcastic, Prissy, Worshipful, Geeky) Personality modules: Make a droid's conversation MUCH more entertaining.

When properly used, droids can be EXTREMELY valuable. A basic mouse droid (that each DE has to craft 340 of to go up one level) can hold any of the above (except armor) modules. R5s and treadwell droids can also hold one. Higher level droids (advanced R5, etc) can hold two modules and an additional armor module.

Some things to note:
- To teach your droid it's name, you have to teach it four commands from the pull-down menu with a name first. Names are case-sensitive, and can't have spaces. ThatGuysWearingAvianArmor does work as a droid name.
- Lower level droids aren't very smart. You might have to repeat your commands a couple times. They sometimes wander off during a firefight
- Don't get too far from your droid... it'll dissapear and reappear in your datapad. Sometimes your items in the droid's inventory dissapear when this happens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:13 pm 
Spammer

Good stuff, Yak, Thanks. I'm thinking about getting a couple droids and was wondering how to teach names. I'll look you guys up when I get back on Sunday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:24 pm 
Spammer

A crafting droid might be fun. I assume that's the same as the Tailor droid.

How much will it cost to maintain in batteries and the like (can you factory make them so they stack too)?

Have any prices?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:13 pm 
Spammer

Mantison will be putting crates of batteries up for sale at our store sometime in the next day or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:30 pm 
Site Admin

Very cool.

Yak, I'll find you in game to talk about what kind of droid I can get for how much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:19 pm 
Spammer

Oops.. The "data droid storing missions" exploit was fixed today. So, those have suddenly become less profitable. Maybe they'll fix the dman elevator next?

Oh, well. Buy the crafters, they rock!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:26 pm 
Sock Puppet

Oh hell yes. Yak is it possible to get a Combat droid to protect my skin and have a Tailor Crafting Module in it too? (if not, are we allowed two droids? I really know nothing about this part of the game).

Thanks for doing all these lists and databases and such, Yak. You rock!

Official Avian Mascot - Sock Puppet
Board of Directors - Ex-Chairman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:26 pm 
Spammer

You can have as many droids as you have free spaces in your datapad (they reside there, not in your inventory after the first time you "tame" them.

A combat droid (like a Probot) can indeed have a Tailor module and a Storage module and an armor module and still kick serious MOB butt.

On a side note, I saw an Imperial with a probot in the Moenia cantina. The Probot had a prissy personality module, so would every once in a while say things like "Are you talking to me?" or "what are you looking at" when people would get too close.

A rebel walked into the bar with a probot. After a 3 second pause when everyone in the cantina collectively held their breath, the two probots attacked each other and started dueling it out. The reb had a few buddies walk in 10 seconds later, and the Imp had two friends in the back of the bar. Blaster bolts were flying EVREYWHERE. Oof, that was cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:25 am 
Sock Puppet

I bet, Yak. Can ya make me one? 8)

Official Avian Mascot - Sock Puppet
Board of Directors - Ex-Chairman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:35 am 
n00b 4 3v3r

I know Blackjim's making me one for crafting. could I have it with a geeky personality please.

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:55 pm 

...now I want a probot.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:51 am 
Spammer

Hey all !

For Medics, Doctors (& Combat Medics maybe) there is also the Surgical droid that allows you to do all you can do in an hospital !

Flyoc, a DE wannabe applicant.