Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beta vs. "Beta"
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:57 pm 

Instead of paying SOE $100ish to beta test SWG, I've decided to beta-test Anarchy Online: Shadowlands for free. I'm having an ok time, the game is working pretty well, and I get about 10x the xp I would normally get and start the game with 500,000 creds. However, as soon as I get booted from the Shadowlands beta, I will be buying SWG (as I now have enough money) and joining the rest of Avian (yay me). So yeah... I'll be lurking here to find out how well the bugs are getting ironed out (and the exploits and the unbalancedness of it all) and if things seem to be running smoothly then maybe, just maybe I'll buy SWG before the Shadowlands beta is up. If the beta ends and SWG is STILL being beta-tested buy paying customers, then I'll be playing a 5-day trial of Earth and Beyond and maybe a 7-day trial of normal Anarchy Online.

Anywho... do I have a point? Not really. Anyone else in Avian who hasn't bought SWG should download the Shadowlands beta (if you have a good connection... it's over a gig) and join me and my little brother in the game. Anywho, if anyone is in the Shadowlands beta, or will be send Julianth or Kael a /tell. Oh, and if anyone feels like killing time and telling me some more about the bugs, etc. of SWG (maybe the next time the SWG servers are down?) please feel free to post it here or e-mail me (ethantelz@hotmail.com). OF course, I'll only be able to read the e-mail if Hotmail starts working again.

So yeah... Why am I posting this? Because I'm bored because now my beta server is down/not working. La la la... I guess I'll go read some more posts.

I look forward to seeing you all in game... eventually.

Honour