Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:01 pm 
Spammer

I've got a couple Avians that are reliable (Thanks Moge and Warnel), but my dream of being a decent crafter of armor is suffering from a lack of supplies (and to a lesser extent that chitin is in low demand these days).

I post this here in the hopes that Avians and Non-Avians might be able to assist me in my resources needs. Basically, loads of bone with good stats in Malleability, Overall Quality, and Shock Resistance. Leathery Hide and some Scaley hides (same stats too).

I have a vendor located on Keren, Naboo near the Avian PA Hall (980, 1491 coordinates) which can buy goods (make an offer to the vendor).

My in-game name is Aeric, send me an email and we can coordinate, or just stop by shop and place an order with the vendor.

Are there any PA's out there that might help with this?

Post subject: Donate answer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:33 pm 

I might be able to donate a consistant share of bones and hide but i can help you out every now and then

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:00 am 
Spammer

Kymair-

I don't accept donations, so I'll have to buy them from you.

Anytime you have anything you want to unload, just send me a tell or email. I have a vendor on naboo and correlia that can accept offers.

Big need right now is scaley hide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:42 am 
Spammer

Arindel, didn't see this post before I dropped about 5k of hides on Cyrus at Core Resources keep checking there. I am throwing away hides now my inventory is so critical.

My name is Tobias Smith and I approved this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:28 am 
Site Admin

The CR store is full of hides and bone. Look in the non-mineral vendor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:45 pm 
Spammer

Thanks Cyrus.

But I'm looking for people who can also deliver me the necessary Quality. If you can do this, then I'm all for it. But, even with Bazaar and indivdual sales, I still have trouble finding the quality I look for.

Might be a good idea (as you have already posted this) to only accept certain goods).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:00 pm 
Site Admin

Right now I have not been too picky on hide/bone quality because some non-Armor crafters don’t care about hide/bone stats, and I also wanted to give our scouts an credit faucet to support their trade.

Last night I registered on the Planetary map via the Ad3 skill. In doing that I had to create a new vendor to better advertise the CR name. “mineral” and “non-mineral” make lousy names. This vendor was in the works to be added later, but to get the advertising working correctly I was forced to started it early. This new vendor is the “Core Resources elite” vendor. It sells all the top quality resources CR can get its hands on.

The counterpart to the elite vendor is planned to be the “grinding” vendor. This vendor would be placed to host all the crap resources for general grinding purposes, or for the needs of those crafters that do not have to worry about resource stats. The grinding vendor will buy crap resources at very low prices and sell them at very low prices.

The implementation of the grinding vendor will result in scouts having to learn where and what has the best hides and bones, because crap hides/bone will only be bought by me at grinding prices.

Hopefully soon I will have great hide/bone up for sell on the CR Elite vendor. Hopefully our scouts will learn what provides quality organic resources.

In the meantime I will keep my eye out for better resources you may want. Feel free to tell me the names of the resources you like the most so that I can better look out for them. Should I receive a stack of quality hide/bone, I will make sure to let you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:31 pm 

Great idea Cyrus on the grind vs. elite vendors....I like the cheap grind hides becaudse I use it to get practice experience and well tailors dont really need quality at this time...as there is no difference. But armor crafters need good quality stuff. Nice way to resolve issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:35 pm 
Sock Puppet

So if you're using global advertising does that mean you're selling to non-Avians?

Official Avian Mascot - Sock Puppet
Board of Directors - Ex-Chairman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:44 pm 
Spammer

Orbital,

Core Resources was always meant to be public. The members are all members of Avian, but CR is here to supply Public as well as Avian players.

Also, if Cyrus tried to only sell to Avians right now he'd probably go broke.

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:47 pm 
Sock Puppet

Sorry, I thought he'd made it private at one point since non-Avians were hogging all the metals. I haven't been able to play in a while, so I had no idea.

Official Avian Mascot - Sock Puppet
Board of Directors - Ex-Chairman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:28 pm 
Spammer

All you are concerned with is OQ or other stats as well. For instance I still have a couple k of leather I think is 900 OQ.

I use it for tents! :)

Post subject: Re
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:51 pm 

I'm rather certain that i have quite a lot of Leathery hide, and I know it's easy for me to come by. I'll start looting alot more for you. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:25 am 
Site Admin

Orbital after I set up my shop the second time after the vanishing, I was getting more offers from Avians than I was getting sells. Many of our members went out and set up their own harvesters so I had to do something. I actually have several non member customers. With the Avians no longer buying as much from me, I worry less and less if a nonmember will buy it all up.

I did have over 400k in ore sells to non members over the last 2 days. The stuff had been sitting collecting dust because our Architects do not need my ore anymore... but I have found that there are several other architects that love buying ore at 3c.

So yes I do sell to non Avians now, and I have found that they will come form far off worlds to visit a good store. I took a lady from Corellia walking through our city yesterday. I think she bought some items from some of you guys. The selection was not always worth bragging about in some shop, but others were apparently done right. She was highly impressed with our PA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:39 pm 
Spammer

I have about 8K good to excellent leather hides.

Scaley hides have been in such low supply that I have to kill my own creatures or buy anything regardless of quality. Keren in particualr has been so awful (for buying resources and selling items) that I had to leave for a larger marekt (Coronet).

Initially, it was all well and good, but my suppliers have fallen off the wagon.

My next solution is to work my way on the Personal Armor tree so I have more options in what to craft rather than doing Techniques (making better armor would be my first choice). Next stop is to quit armorsmithing and join everyone who wants to be a bounty hunter :x.

But, I'm not having much fun at this point. I spend most of my online time trying to find/gather resources and staying afloat with credits than putting out armor. Hence I will average about 4000-6000 xp per day. So to get to PA-4, Tech-4 will require about 30 more days best case scenario.
I may get about 6 hours good online time during the week where i can actually craft and maybe another 5 on the weekend (responsibilities suck :P)

I've looked into other options like using a factory to give me that 10% edge, but it seems as though I now get dropped much quicker from SWG when idle. I also, would like to have people temporarily wear my armor and go hunting with them to gain UXP. I can get about 200 Uxp in about 10 minutes doing combat personally, so I figure I can get about 1000 per hour with anyone else.

It might help break up the boredom/frustration factor.

But, if you want the good stuff xior seems to be the best in Avian as far as armorsmithing goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:43 pm 
Spammer

As a side note, I have given up on any Avians to be able to provide me with resources (bone and hide). I have high hopes for CR as they now shifting their focus to provide quality resources.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

If I get bored with tailoring would it help if I went out with your armor and let stuff beat up on me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:56 pm 
Spammer

I think it would help me if I was online at the same time or i might have to be in the area.

That's part of the reason why I tried to hire avians for an expedition. Xp and find hides, but my stipulations must have been too constrictive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:58 pm 
Spammer

I don't believe that core resources has shifted it's focus beyond seperating the resources into different vendors. Cyrus has pretty much always purchased everything that was offered. If it was at all available you just had to pick it off one vendor. People are just learning what is necessary for armor a little more. I've never concentrated on much more than OQ because I didn't know any better. Now I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:26 am 

SOrry to piggy back in but i need LOTS of wooly Hide in chuncks of 3k tell me in game if you have this my name is teal'k and i have some LOK leathery Hide if you want I have around 2k Tell me ingame if you need them i'll be on All day tomorrow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:15 am 
Spammer

Could anyone clarify the minimum stats required for the things they have requirements for? For instance I have some hide that is 919 DR 979 Mal but only about 200 OQ is this any good? What about good OQ and one other but a crummy third stat?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:16 am 
Spammer

Deleted

Where is flood control when you need it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:16 am 
Spammer

Sorry, I never checked back on this.

For armor OQ (Overall Quality) affects nearly every aspect of the craft so we need this stat to be as high as possible.

SR is for Specialty Resistance
UT is is For Specialty Quality, and
Malleability is for Durability/Stat point reduction.

It all depends on the armor for the SR/UT. For example, high kinetic chitin needs good SR from the components.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:04 pm 
Spammer

As I push towards BH I sould be rolling in hides soon and can easily get you some of the better stats ones and if you wish lower quality at reduced prices to grind....