Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm Sort of Back
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:32 am 

Well, on the last day of my subscription I decided to renew it for 1 more month and renew it on a month by month basis. This is partially because I've found out that many of the people in my suite play SWG (games are much more fun when you have people you know playing it in the same or nearby rooms as you) and partially because my course load is lighter than I thought it would be. I won't have as much time to play as before, but you should be seeing me arround.

I'll also be changing proffessions, armorsmithing has been gradually losing it's appeal and I want to deal with crafting at a more simplified level. I'll be switching to merchant/master artisan and try starting up the manufacturing business I had thought about for a long time (I'll try to sell crates of artisan things as well as run schematics for people who don't have factories or enough to make all they need). It may work, it may not, but I think it'll be fun to try anyways.

America's Army Addict (it's free!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:02 pm 
Spammer

Welcome back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

YES! Welcome back.

Sounds like an interesting business. Basically a rent-a-factory. If you get enough people it could be profitable.

If you're going for Merchant I would recommend going up Management tree first that way you can set out your extra vendors and let them collect XP. Its much faster that way. Also, if youre going to be running a bunch of factories Efficiency IV would be big for you since it reduces your structure maintenance by 20%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:29 pm 
Spammer

Xior, we can make the armorsmithing fun (besides I am your father, you must join me :P ).

Trust me, once you get to master it will be all glory, games, and a big fat wallet. Think about it before you surrenderthose skill points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:57 am 

Thanks for the welcome :)

That sounds like a good piece of advice Rom, makes sense for what I want to do. I'll probably go up the appearance branch last since how my vendors look isn't all that important to me.

As for armorsmithing, if I were to do any advanced crafting proffession, it would be armorsmithing. I basically found myself avoiding going down to my crafting stations to make armor and got frustrated from all the changes. It isn't changing nearly as much as it was for a while, but it just soured the taste of it all for me. Making one step crafting items sounds like a nice change of pace.

If you need some armorsmithing components made but could use some more factory time let me know and I'll run some through mine for you :)

It will be at least several days before I really get started but I currently have 2 factories and a fusion generator which should be a good start.

(If anyone is looking to sell any factories, I may be willing to buy. I could use 1 general items factory, 1 clothing factory, and 1 food/chem factory.)

America's Army Addict (it's free!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:59 am 
Spammer

Factories. I could easily use some more factories/time.

I have 2 armor factories going as often as I can (Making Composite armor). I plan to do a round of Advanced Chitin and then maybe some Ubese.

I want to get started on crafting a few specialty items. Like low HAM Composite.