Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:40 pm 

Hello, my name is Jedo Snidre. I am a human. The profession I will be pursuing will be either Bounty Hunter of Smuggler. Sites I use to obtain information on the current status of SWG are: SWG Rescource Center, the official SOE site, SWG Stratics, Chilastra Holonet, and GameFaqs. I go on these sites every day. I have been looking long and hard for the best PA for me and this is it. I feel this is a friendly PA where I can make new friends with mature gamers, and have a great time doing it. I make a living in SWG by doing combat missions and selling fishing items. I can contribute to Avian Technology and Trade by working on the security force or help with a fishing branch of ATAT. The skills I am focusing on are Marksman, Brawler, Scout, Artisan, and Fisherman. As I have said I am mainly combat-oriented, so I would like to be part of the security force. I understand this duty is defensive and not offensive. The reward for doing this I ask would be small pay or support in weapons and armor. I found ATAT off of SWG Resource Center. I have read the Charter and I agree with what you have said. Thank you for reviewing my application :)

ggilbard@comcast.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:01 pm 

About to run out, but just posting to say that the key to getting your application processed in a timely and efficient manner is interacting with current members, so post on our public boards (create new threads or respond to existing ones (even dead ones!)) or look for our members in game -- the more people that can put in a good word for you, the better!

I look forward to playing with you in the future!

Thanks,

Golga Bolg for mayor!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:54 pm 
Site Admin

Heya Jedo,
I was AFK when you tried to /tell me ingame sorry.
The main thing you may wany to know and probably do already is that we are a nuetral PA. With that we don't really have a Security Force, infact the only people we have on our Militia are the people that need to give structure rights to the city.

So I am not sure how much fun you might have with us if you wisht o help defend a town. I'm not trying to discourage you at all just want to be sure we are a good fit for you.

I will try and find you ingame so we can meet up and chat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:36 am 

I understand this is a neutral PA, but I would still love to be part of it because I have met K'ryyn and Iain and they are very nice. I also visited the city last night and I love it. I thought there was a Department of Security from the FAQs section of the website. I could still contribute because I love to fish and I am going to be a smuggler and a pilot (when expansion comes out). I love PA's with a great goverment system too and this has one. :)

ggilbard@comcast.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:44 am 
Spammer

JedoS, don't let yourself be dissuaded.

Smugglers are welcome, fishermen are welcome, hunters and fighters are welcome as well, as you are bound to know if you already met Iain and K'Rynn.

However, we have started to dissolve the Department of Security because with the current setup of the game it does not have much function anymore. It's a leftover from the time where we thought neutral cities could be threatened more directly. But our great government system works slowly sometimes :)

Edward/Rak Hagga
Director Section 9

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:45 am 
Spammer

JedoS,

Thank you for applying to Avian Technology and Trade. Your application is being reviewed by the Board of Directors. As soon as a decision has been made, you will be notified.

You are encouraged to participate in these forums, and interact with our members in game.

Edward/Rak Hagga

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:30 pm 
Spammer

Jedos,

Welcome to the boards and thanks for your application!

As Master Ed already mentioned don't think your profession choice of Smuggler will be a detriment to you. Avian City's Mayor is a Master Smuggler, the current president of Avian is a Master Smuggler and a number of members are smugglers as well. So, not only would another smuggler be welcome with us, we may even be able to help you achieve that goal a little more quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:25 pm 

That would be great if you guys could help me attain the rank of smuggler. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:21 am 

Welcome to Avian Jedos and good luck with your application!

Im a ws, so if you need any new weapons or a crate or two of cdefs to slice, dont hessitate to send me a tell. If you just want to chat with someone Im also available. In-game name is Wermas :D

Looking forward to hearing from you :!:

Wermas Tanares
-Master Weaponsmith-
-Master Pistoleer-

TC Char
Nawa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:47 am 

Thanks Wermas I appreciate it
And 1 other thing Wermas's avatar looks exactly like my character except I just got an Image Design :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:45 am 

Sorry guys I just got into a different PA yesterday. :( I can't be in this PA but I hope to see you around in-game. :)

Jedo Snidre

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:04 am 
Spammer

Jedo, good luck with your new PA.

You will definitely stay on my friends list, and if your new PA for some reason does not work out as expected, feel free to reapply to Avian.

Edward/Rak Hagga

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

Best of luck then JedoS. Thanks for letting us know.

Out of curiosity, which PA was it that you ended up joining?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:56 pm 

Thanks guys I would definitely re-apply if it doesn't work. The PA I got accepted into is GTC (Galactic Trade Commission). I will still always try to visit Avian City to see whats going on.

Jedo