Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:32 pm 

1. I do have school but i finish most of my work at school, therefore i would have alot of freetime and since all my friends moved theirs nothing to really do.

2. United States, Michigan, Oxford.

3. Since i was 6, Started with Tiberian Sun, and Starcraft i believe their names were

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:35 pm 

Correct a new account was created i simply made this one which is my account on every practical game, youll have to forgive me if i dont word my thoughts. I am from United States i simply know more about other languages.

I would never lie i have said that already i mean no disrespect when i say this but please do not assume or expect that i am trying to impress you i simply want an active guild friends and to be with my friend Andris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:57 pm 

OOooo to much silence...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:07 am 

Patience bud...

Section 5
Now Playing: WoW
--------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:38 am 

Patience ... heh not one of my favorite things

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:51 am 
Spammer

Delsana wrote:
Since i was 6, Started with Tiberian Sun, and Starcraft i believe their names were
If you are so experienced how come you seem no longer remember some of the best RTS of the time that still have some validity today?

Wuy wrote:
Did you have a guinnes in Versailles because they didnt have anything else at eh place you've been to or because you dislike french beer?
Because it was an Irish pub, the only place around where you can order stuff in English and expect to get what you've ordered.
Plus the French don't have beer. At least not to any useful definition of the word.

Edward
apologises to Obo for forgetting an "n" in Guiness 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:56 am 

Because i have RTS :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:57 am 

I dont really like RTS all that much anymore*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:02 pm 

Wuy wrote:
Did you have a guinnes in Versailles because they didnt have anything else at eh place you've been to or because you dislike french beer?
Because it was an Irish pub, the only place around where you can order stuff in English and expect to get what you've ordered.
[/quote]

So true! I remember beeing in Straßburg a couple of years ago and trying to get something a burger king. The guy behind the counter rather understood German than English... kinda sad...

I think Kronenbourg is halfway decent though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:30 pm 
Spammer

Delsana,

I regret to inform you that the Board of Directors has choosen not to approve you application to join Avian Gamers at this time. If you have any questions as to why this decision was made, please do not hesitate to ask.

We wish you the best of luck finding a PA that is better suited to your play style.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:09 pm 

?.... Andris you told me not to worry that i would get in...

Why was i not accepted

The Website is my Best Friends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:20 pm 

Well in anycase i wont invade your forums with my being after tomorrow once ive found out why i wasnt accepted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:10 pm 

Ill stay till i get the answer ill be on 1/10 of the normal times im usually on when i was applying

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:46 am 
Spammer

Master Edward wrote:
Wuy wrote:
Plus the French don't have beer. At least not to any useful definition of the word.

Edward
apologises to Obo for forgetting an "n" in Guiness 8)

Our beers are too precious to be wasted to Germans. Tell me about the German wines... :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:56 am 

Why are you talking about this in my previous application when all i want is why i wasn't accepted, it seems kind of rude to talk about some irritistical off topic conversation in something private.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:12 am 
Site Admin

Talon will send you a private message detailing why your were rejected ASAP. You do know how to check your private messages?

Our Board of Directors (7) were responsible for reviewing your attempt to join Avian. No one other than the BoD will be answering you as to why you were rejected... and right now the Chairman is tasked with sending you the message.

FYI this thread is in no means private.... private would be the boards you can not see, or the PMs. Flyoc was just trying to lighten the mood in typical Avian fashion... not seeing that shows the BoD made the right decision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:21 am 

Its called being polite or having manners i understand the lightness but i dont drink and have nothing to do with alcohol so that had the opposite effect on me, sorry that you didnt see that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:28 am 
Site Admin

Pot calling the kettle black.... don’t you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:32 am 

Yes, that is what your doing as far as i can tell their is no reason in the galaxy of tri (a statement meaning all the planets in every galaxy) that i wasnt accepted and now im a bit stressed about this because it makes no sense and now you seem to know about everything and be complimenting it and no im quite sure you know that a 15 year old computer programmer in training would have nothing to do with alcohol and you wouldnt post it in someone posts about that. Each time a post is here i get an email and then i find its some irritistical statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:53 am 

Quote:
Delsana,

Your application was denied based on the Board of Directors' vote following much discussion. The common consensus was that you simply wouldn't fit in here, with Avian being a group of mostly older than 21 years old guys. I wish you the best in your endevours, and you may feel free to stop by at any time you like.

Thanks and good luck!

General Nuisance

Makes no sense seeing as how over 15% of the population is not 21+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:55 am 

I take dismisal easily but discrimination or unfairness i take seriously you may think im going to far with this and taking it to the next level but i am supportive of the rights, and fairness acts.

Infact technically this is a violation of your charter

2 pts. - Member Aggression (Members may not willingly harm any other members. This includes in or out of game, and verbal or physical.)
Negative Representation(Members of Avian may not give negative representation to other players in or out of game, and willingly or not. Punishment is based on seriousness of issue. Examples of this infraction include: Unjust homicide, theft, abuse, and sabotage.)

Seems similar as discrimination is a personal aggression

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:59 am 

Now if i am wrong i am entirely sorry and can easily admit im wrong if i am, i mean just cause im 15 and a half doesnt mean im not intelligent, i know alot about the law, and more so of other state comprehensions.

I entirely hope im wrong and that it was something else but the second something unfair happens i try to solve it and in my past i have solved many unfair intentional matters a few i was wrong about most i was correct about.

Sincerely, Lancestrian Aesieru Nerao Tempesera

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:00 pm 
Spammer

I see that the decision we made was the correct one. You insult me by posting a private message that was sent in confidentiality. If you are attempting to make the point that you should have been accepted, this was not the way to go about it.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:05 pm 

Ugh, How did i know this would happen:

This was to be used as an example and it did not say PRIVATE on it Private Messages are simply things you don't wish to say directly that doesnt mean that putting them publicly is wrong what do you care if people see it, unless theirs something to hide.

I could post my entire addressbook and my girlfriends phonenumber on a pm to you and i wouldn't care because i wouldnt put it in a PM unless i didn't i entirely don't see why you are upset about that.

If you had put the Title as Private or Confidential i would not have posted it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:07 pm 

Correction:

I could post my entire addressbook and my girlfriends phonenumber on a pm to you and i wouldn't care because i wouldnt put it in a PM unless i didn't care if people saw it. I entirely don't see why you are upset about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:18 pm 
Spammer

Delsana wrote:
If you had put the Title as Private or Confidential i would not have posted it.

You know the title of a Private message is "Private Message" for a reason?
What you say here makes no sense.

And your complaint about getting email every time this thread is updated is mostly your own problem. You set it that way by yourself and on purpose.

Edward

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:19 pm 

Perhaps i shouldn't have taken it this far i should have gone with my instincts and known that you wouldn't think as i did about this and perhaps you were just doing your job but saying

Quote:
"I see that the decision we made was the correct one."

Could be interpreted as personal attack or insult or just a told you so which makes my thoughts appear even more correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:20 pm 

Its not a complaint i just assumed that it would be related posts not totally unrelated and private message is like mail something someone just doesnt wanna say directly to you and uses a secondary or abstract method to get that information to you because they either cant say it directly or dont want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:30 pm 
Spammer

Did I say was upset? I am not easily upset, and I'm sorry that you do not fit in here. Since you feel that you must continue this conversation in the public forum, and my explanation did not seem to sink in for you, I'll elaborate.

It is not your age that is the problem Delsana. In fact, one of our most prestigious and long-standing members was not much older than you when he was admitted into Avian.

My "Private" message to you was an attempt at civility, in hoping that you would read between the lines. Your pointless boasting, stretching of truths, inability to communicate effectively, impatience, and extreme level of immaturity, not to mention your rudeness after the fact, were all contributing factors in our decision to deny your application. If you have any further questions that you would like cleared up, feel free to message me or continue this pleasant conversation here.

In general, this is not the way we like to do things, but since you insisted, I am at your disposal if you would like to continue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:47 pm 
Spammer

Delsana,
Step back a bit and relax. We are a group of friends, pretty tightly-knit, that have been hanging out (for the most part) for a few years online. Many of us are older, are married, some have children, most have jobs and responsibilities. All that are currently in realize that it's not easy having long-distance virtual relationships and to work together in large groups and not always get what you want. We come here to relax, post our thoughts and play games together.

I'm glad you had a chance to see into our group, and I'm glad that you seemed to have fun here while applying. I realize that you're angry that you weren't accepted. I enjoyed reading your story and I'll read the one that you've also PM'ed me for critique.

Our board decided not to accept your application. You seem like a nice guy with a ton of energy and creativity. Here are some thoughts that I offer you. I'd prefer if you not post here any more. If you want to answer these questions, send me a PM.

1) Most of us are a number of years down the life journey than you are. Look back at some of your posts... do you feel that you can relate to us, or we can relate to you as well as you would have liked?

2) Many of us don't play to get to the highest level, or to kill the most other players. It seems that most play to be with our friends, and experience some worlds together. Is this why you play?

3) It's hard to read and understand many of your posts... the grammar, spelling, quotes, meaning isn't clear. Others have mentioned this. If people here take the time to compose their messages, use punctuation and capitalize, why couldn't you? And, even more importantly, do you want to be in a group where you are constantly chided for not communicating at the same level as everyone else?

4) You've said you were female, then male. You've posted messages about the number and levels of characters you had during WoW beta, and a few other things that seemed amazing. It's hard to feel like we know you when we don't really know who you are... and not just age or experience or sex or nationality. It's a feeling of trust, and angst and not having explosive emotions that we want to have, and this time it wasn't there.

So, read this if you will. Please stop posting about your membership. Do not demand anything of anyone here. Realize that your tone sounds confrontational and insulting. This is a private computer owned and operated by members of this community, we are not legally required to give you anything, and can treat you any way we wish. Reading through previous posts, everyone has been very polite to you. Don't take advantage of that politeness, especially when you are using someone else's computing resources and time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:53 pm 
Spammer

Delsana wrote:
private message is like mail

Yeah, right. Mail is confidential as well. Publishing a personal letter or email without the other person's consent is terribly rude as well.

Edward

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:43 pm 

Delsana wrote:

Infact technically this is a violation of your charter

2 pts. - Member Aggression (Members may not willingly harm any other members. This includes in or out of game, and verbal or physical.)
Negative Representation(Members of Avian may not give negative representation to other players in or out of game, and willingly or not. Punishment is based on seriousness of issue. Examples of this infraction include: Unjust homicide, theft, abuse, and sabotage.)

No, actually if you read this, it does not violate the charter.

Members may not willingly harm any other members
Your not a member. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:38 pm 
Site Admin

Charter 2.1.5) Application for Membership wrote:
Applications are submitted to the Board of Directors for review. The Applicant must receive a majority vote from the Board for him or her to be accepted into Avian. Upon acceptance, new members will be placed in Sections in accordance with the Policy for Inactive and New Members.

Quite frankly you did not get a majority vote. Many reasons surfaced that caused directors to vote “No” on your application, I will detail my reasons further down my post. I enjoyed your activity, and enjoyed the application you submitted, but the substance of many of your posts worried me to the point were I knew your application into Avian would not be the normal walk in the park.

Specific areas of Concern:

1. Abundant communication issues: These are forums, were members communicate with each other. We do not post to hear ourselves post, we pass on information and enjoy each others company. The notion that you would totally disregard the readability of your posts indicates carelessness, lack of respect for your audience, lack of effort, and in my opinion a lack of maturity. It is one thing to make errors in-game or in chat, but it is another thing to disregard the legibility of your own posts. If the purpose is to communicate, what have you accomplished if your posts are illegible or incomprehensible?

Battle-net patrons did not get their bad reputation by being grammatically correct. In the gaming community, it is acceptable to abbreviate, and use shortcuts in-game, but the overwhelming majority of our Avian members make forum post in a fashion where everyone can read and comprehend them. Reading each others posts should not be tasking, and we the members of Avian do not want our forums looking like Battle-net chat.
  2. Abundant inaccurate statements: Concerning WoW and even beyond, it seemed like every other post by you was an inaccurate, incorrect, imposable statement. Could this have been an extension of the communication issue above?.... yes, but the abundance of these statements were too much to be ignored. I felt like you were too boastful to the point that it was annoying. Many of the claims you made seemed impossible and called into the question of your honestly. If you were going to fabricate the truth on simple things that do not matter, then how could you be trusted to be honest about things that do matter such as guild transaction and member interaction? We have an air of honesty and trust inside of Avian, the enjoyment of our guild mandates that we strive to continue that air.

• Your post saying “… if i did make another char i could make a level 20 in 5 hours” seemed to fly in the face of the fact that your Characters were all in the range of being a standard casual player. If you are so capable, why are your characters average?
    • 23 (REST 20 Levels) Human Affliction Warlock – Mirithun” is another line by you attempting to indicate that your character has 20 levels of rest. In WoW it is impossible to have more than 1.5 levels of built up rest. Either your game knowledge is poor, or your attempts at impressing me have backfired.
    • Posts such as “On the contrary i have several level 60's from beta…” followed up by “In beta i created characters on this account…” indicate a lack of beta/live understanding. More so they smell of false bravado. The facts are that you currently can not have characters from beta, and your beta characters could not have been created on your existing account. Whether you were in beta or not is not the problem, the problem is the inaccuracy of your statements.

3. Miscellaneous Problems: Beyond the inaccurate statements and lack of acceptable communication skills, the overall attitude exhibited by you did not seem to blend well with most Avians. Your sharing of a beta account (not allowed by Blizzard) is not the standard value set most Avians have. Your relative lack of patience as even admitted by you, “Patience ... heh not one of my favorite things”, indicated a personality that would not work well in our Organization which can be rather slow and meticulous.

Conclusion:
When considering the above three Specific areas of concern, I had a bad feeling about your admittance into Avian. After reviewing the information, holding a few private discussions, and conducting a poll of my section it was evident that I would have to vote “no” on your application into Avian.

Our Player Association has been around for 4 years, and in that time we have turned down more applications than we would have liked. Some of our directors have become a good judge of character, and we can sometimes spot a confrontation before it starts. Your behavior post-rejection has strengthened my opinion of my decision to reject your application.

I wish you no ill will, and I honestly hope you can find a good guild to call home. As a longstanding member of Avian, I feel I can honestly say that based on the time and material you have provided, you would be happier in another guild more inline you’re your personality and gaming ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:51 pm 

Ugh, not again. Look I have already stated i have not Fabricated, Lied or Falsified any of my statements, just because my english is a bit off and my understanding of somethings is off doesn't mean i wasn't going to be an important role in the future and present of Avian.

Yes, sometimes the way I communicate things is either to complex or to vague and I understand that. As for the 20 levels, the ui, I use does say that I have 20 levels perhaps this means 20 bars? I have no idea, I assumed something and I'm sorry for that.

So a simple thing of my lack of patience in things that I was told would be quite quick was bad? I posted lots of posts, was active, and even shared some of my life work and tried to show you all a part of me. Obviously doing that did the opposite and got me rejected.

Understand it is not the fact that I wasn't accepted that I cant take but indeed the fact that It makes no sense and that it appears a greater reason is the source of the problem and it is not being told because these facts shouldn't to reject something but indeed strengthen the bond by helping them out.

Your guild is about helping others, having fun, and chatting. Then wouldn't you want to show that you could help people with problems so they were more fit for the Guild?

Now do you see where I'm going with this it just doesnt really make any controversial difference and doesn't make sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:09 am 
Spammer

Let it go, man. You are already changing your story again, and again in this post. We don't really care if you lied or not. The point is, the BoD made the right call in feeling that you would not fit in here. I'm sorry, that's life. I agree with their decision. I wish you well wherever you may find yourself, but rapidly that is turning into, wherever you may find yourself that isn't here.

In short, just leave it be.

In shorter, if you don't leave it be, then just get lost.

/addignore delsana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:27 pm 

I am sorry, I overreacted and let my feelings from something that had nothing to do with this get the best of me. In short I had a rough day at school then found out that a friend had gotten sick, and finally my dad was furious at me. I should not have taken it out on you and I am eternally sorry for letting the worst get the best of me.

I realize I don't have the maturity standing to be in the Guild and I'm sorry about that. I met some good friends and I'm glad I did. I especially enjoyed Andris, Red_Trosky, The Mole, bikyak and Talon1977. Sorry If I offened any of this.

I will leave it like this and maybe in the future I'll apply again and who knows maybe it will be better.

Sincerely, Sera

P.S. Hope you don't mind if I hang around and get help with EQ II and I'll even continue my story if you don't mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:16 pm 
Spammer

Delsana,

You are more than welcome to continue to frequent our Public forums.

We welcome your contributions.

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:33 pm 

Did this application die or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:45 pm 
Spammer

Andris, see above. It was denied.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:23 am 

Yeah I saw that right after I posted. I guess I didn't see the second page tab so I had no idea what was going on.