Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:58 am 

General Character Information

* What games do you currently enjoy playing the most?
I enjoy playing KOTOR, KOTOR II, WoW, Planetside, EQ II, Warcraft 3, Warhammer Dawn of War, and practically all other games.

* What style of gameplay do generally prefer? PvP, PvE, Crafting, etc...?
I generally prefer to play, PvP, Roleplay, RPG, and PvE.

* What game genres do you find most enjoyable?
FPS's, RPG's, MMORPG's, RP's, Strategys, HardCraft.

* What unreleased games are you currently following the progress of?
SW Republic Commandoes, SC Ghost, UT2 Liandri Conflict, and SG-1 Alliance.

* What unreleased games do you plan on playing in the future?
SW Republic Commandoes, SC Ghost, UT2 Liandri Conflict, and SG-1 Alliance.

* In the games that you currently play, what names do your characters go by?
My characters names are from ancient spanish archetype dialects, with their being 23 Dialects and 31 Archetypes i have over a platorial of names. My most common names are Nerao, Delsana, Delsanar, Delasanar, Mirithun, Destrona, KPR[X-303], and Vientrai.

Player Associations

* Have you previously been a part of any other Player Associations for any specific games or for gaming in general? Which ones were they, and why did you leave?I have always been in guilds, usually i would make my own guild, outfit, platoon, or team. I always have left guilds over 3 years because by that time the game is either unappealing to me, has gotten boring, or the guild has fallen apart, i am currently with the people known as TLSC, but that is not a guild and i was in the WOW Division of TLSC and i found it just wasnt for me.

* With the exception of the ones you have joined (if any) what other Player Associations did you consider?
I have considered none i wish to only be with an active, friendly, and fun guild that my friends are in, and my friend Andris is in this one and he encouraged me to try it out so thats what im doing.

Avian

* Have you read and do you understand the text of the official Avian Charter?
Yes i do
* Is there anything you would change or amend to the Charter?I believe the Charter has its own ideals, appeals, and meanings and i wish not change any significant piece of text.
* Are you aware that a lot of Avian’s organization is conducted on the forum as opposed to in games themselves? How often do you see yourself regularly checking the forums if you are accepted into AvianI would check them before i logged on middle of the day and before i logged off or went to bed.
* Please take a moment to tell us how you found Avian.My friend Andris in Dalaran Server WOW United States, told me after i found him when i was trying to complete the Falconcrest, Otto quest after we did that he decided to help me finish some other quests the next day i called upon him and when we joined he noticed i was raising levels quickly i hope to be his level in 2 - 3 days.
* Please explain why you have chosen Avian and why Avian should choose you. What do you expect to get from your membership in Avian and what do you expect to offer?I am a significant idealist, programmer, gamer, and friend. I have always been loyal and honest, and i enjoy so much and have so much to do, my whole crusade is to find every games Strength, and Weakness and then when im ready create the best game ever, which is why i am currently studying hard in computer programming and editing. I feel if you choose me you will not regret it and as ive said i am a very unique and fun to be with person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:07 am 

Welcome Delsana :D

Enter MoonWorld

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:35 pm 

Welcome to the Boards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:41 pm 
Spammer

I just started KOTOR2 yesterday. Good game, going the dark side this time. Is it just me, or is it more working being evil than good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:30 pm 

Welcome to the boards!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:49 pm 
Spammer

Destrona

Thank you for applying to Avian Gamers. Your application is currently being reviewed by the Board of Directors. As soon as a decision has been made, you will be notified.

You are encouraged to participate in these forums, and interact with our members in game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:24 pm 
Spammer

Thanks Ed.

WELCOME!!

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:13 pm 

Thank, i look forward to having fun with you guys, i've got some work to do right now so im gonna head on that ill check in periodically

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the Boards. We are a very active guild in WoW and we often help lower level guildies with guests. Glad Andris found you and I hope you find what you are looking for in a guild with Avian.

Let us know if you need anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:18 pm 

iJasonT wrote:
Welcome to the Boards. We are a very active guild in WoW and we often help lower level guildies with guests. Glad Andris found you and I hope you find what you are looking for in a guild with Avian.

Let us know if you need anything.

She is rather at the same level as most of the "casual" gamer i would guess level 40 priest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:21 pm 
Site Admin

heh, well good! One more person I can ask for help in my lowbie quests then :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:53 am 
Spammer

Good luck with the application.

Saucon21 wrote:
She is rather at the same level as most of the "casual" gamer i would guess level 40 priest

Who you calling casual? I'm hardcore, it's just I don't have alot of time to put into the game :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:01 am 

On the contrary i have several level 60's from beta ive always had some free time um im also planning on making a mage or ill level up my warlock i was looking at mage abilitys very interesting a frost talent build with Arcane Explosion Arcane Missles and Concentration could be quite good..... Interesting more on this later although if i did make another char i could make a level 20 in 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:08 am 

welcome :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:13 am 

once your level 20 come talk to me ill hook you up and we can level together with my warlock alt level 20 something

Ok shadow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:40 pm 

sure thing, lvl 19 now :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:03 pm 

Delsana wrote:
On the contrary i have several level 60's from beta ive always had some free time um im also planning on making a mage or ill level up my warlock i was looking at mage abilitys very interesting a frost talent build with Arcane Explosion Arcane Missles and Concentration could be quite good..... Interesting more on this later although if i did make another char i could make a level 20 in 5 hours

Level 20 in 5 hours?! I'd like to hear how you would pull that off.

Section 5
Now Playing: WoW
--------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:14 am 

Well seeing as how i practically know where every thing spawns for Horde its not very hard atleast for Warrior, Mage, and Hunter. First you do the main quests but you link them together then you grind 1 level after completing all the first towns quests then you go to the next town since you grinded one level you can now get alot more quests then normal you try to get as many quests linked together such as collecting items from monsters if you have several of these like in the Tauren camps of wolfs, plainstriders, and coyotes and the works try to link these together. Also try to do most quests yourself if you die 2 times on a single quest then get a partner and have them help you out, for instance my troll mage on Llane Delsana i beleive or maybe Nerao well whoever it was is level 20+ and that was 7 hours to take yes being as how it took me forever to complete the Burning Blade quests since the quest had horrible location coordinates heh, but on my first char it took me 10 hours now its half the time since i know where everything is practically and when ill get the quests and how high i should be for those areas for instance dont go to a 30+ quest area t level 27 youll miss at least 3- 4 quests which will mean you cant really do more then 1 at once. The Warmonger quests and Miser quests their are 2 quests you have to kill miser in why not do all 3 quests the 3 quests are "The Heart, Hand, Star (a gem from miser you get it from a badlands prequisitive quest) then theirs the Penerolde Tiara you get in Stormwind and then theirs the Warmongers and one before it from Southshore the Marshal or Seargent near the Townhall.

Hope these examples help

If anyone would like a guide or help from one of my higher chars then please tell me and ill help ya out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:07 am 

Seems like my application is taking longer then i expected... Sigh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:16 am 

Don't sweat it. It usually takes a week or two...

Section 5
Now Playing: WoW
--------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:18 am 

Andris said 2 - 4 Days....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:50 am 
Spammer

Andris is fairly new. We've been known to sit on applications for 2 months just to be mean. :P j/k

Actually, it seems you caught us Board Members at an unlucky time. Both Gui and I have had internet problems, Kharlaq just took over not so long ago and is still getting adjusted, Cyrus has dog problems he's dealing with at home, and Edward.. well... he's German. I'm sure you understand. /makes beer-downing gesture. :roll: Who'd I forget to make excuses for?

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:52 am 

Did I say 2-4 days?...I don't recall that...but I know Lenroca said atleast 2-4 weeks when he spoke with you on my account, remember?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:52 am 

Internet problems what type maybe i can help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:53 am 

Actually he said 2 weeks and you said 2 - 4 days and why are you not at SCHOOL go to SCHOOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:54 am 

Lol andris doesnt have any of the Things under pic that say what level your chars are infact he doesnt even have a picture lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:56 pm 
Spammer

Talon1977 wrote:
Edward.. well... he's German. I'm sure you understand. /makes beer-downing gesture. :roll:

Yeah, right :)

Plus I have one of them life thingies. A busy one sometimes. But at last things have stared to move on this application.

Edward
can remember his last beer. A Guiness. Several weeks ago. In Versailles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

Guinness. Two n's damn it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:23 pm 

Talon1977 wrote:
he's German. I'm sure you understand. /makes beer-downing gesture. :roll:

You've got a problem with that? :evil:

8)

Did you have a guinnes in Versailles because they didnt have anything else at eh place you've been to or because you dislike french beer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:03 pm 
Spammer

The French have beer?

I had a really good time driving around the northern coast of France for a week, and never had beer that wasn't German, Belgian or British... Great wine, though (but I still prefer the German sweet white wines from the Mosel valley).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

Delsana,

First of all I think your application rocks. I love good quality applications like yours. If I could I would, and sometimes do, vote down one word answer applications. When a group creates an application they are fishing for certain information. When on fills out an application they are trying to communicate certain information. We ask these questions for reasons, too many people fail to use their application to effectively communicate with us. Your application communicates very well. I love it!

As my past post history indicates, proper English is not a requirement for Avian, nor is being an impressive player. :D However when reviewing application threads, these kind of things catch my eye.

Delsana wrote:
On the contrary i have several level 60's from beta…

How do you “Have” these level 60 characters? I was in beta, as were several of our members. This sentence you use makes me wonder… Please explain to me what you mean by that sentence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:32 pm 

In beta i created characters on this account some of them were mine some my friends even one for my dad they eventually gave them up and i took over them a few reached level 60 my Mage, and my Druid reached level 60 also another reached level 60 from my friend a warrior i beleive near the end of the beta. so i cant really say their mine anymore i mean it was beta heh but i know about them and i know how to use them and i know alot about those 3 classes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:01 pm 

Not sure that is what he means. He asks How do you have beta crit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:20 pm 

I signed up for beta and got it didnt you?
If you mean do i use it now i cant but you make no sense to me if you mean something else

I have a supreme computer and i would be a great Beta Applicant so i dont see whats wrong with me getting into beta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:26 pm 
Spammer

You stated that you "have" beta characters. The point is, beta has been over for some time now. So you don't "have" anything to do with beta anymore. Right? I believe what you meant to say was you "had" level 60 characters from beta. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What level characters do you now play?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:30 pm 

You are correct i say have meaning i have played them when it was during beta

Dalaran:

41 Night Elf Shadow Priest - Destrona
10 Undead Protection Warrior - Numerius
21 Tauren Restoration Shaman
23 (REST 20 Levels) Human Affliction Warlock - Mirithun

Llane:

I only play my level 20 mage forgot its name lol on it ill check later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:44 pm 
Spammer

Great! Thanks for the info on your characters. Don't forget to update your profile here on the Avian site to tell us a bit more about yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

/edit Below is the text I was working on before Talon and Saucon got to you. I looked to see where you were from, but the info was not displayed. If it turns out you are from another country and not strong in the English language, then I submit my apologies. The words I am stumbling on are simple, but they can imply huge differences.

I see you cleared things up by answering Talon's question. Thank you!

Cyrus Originally wrote:
Delsana wrote:
On the contrary i have several level 60's from beta…

None of us can “have” any characters from beta. It might be possible to have created beta characters who attained level 60 in beta… but I am I am relatively positive that no one on Earth currently has characters from beta because all beta characters were deleted when we went to the live game. So the statement saying you "have" beta characters is impossible.

Delsana wrote:
In beta i created characters on this account…

The account you have today did not exist back when any of us were in beta. A totally new account had to be created once the live game hit the shelves. It is impossible to have a beta character on “this account” because the earliest “this account” could be created was one week after beta accounts were wiped. So this other statement saying your beta characters were on "this account" is impossible.

See where I am going here?

Some of the wording you use implies the impossible. As one of seven members who vote to accept or reject applications, noticing and questing these things is my job. I mean no disrespect, I am just trying to do my job reviewing new applicants. You say you “Have” beta characters, and then you say you created them on “This” account. I have to question such statements.

These words you say are very small and very trivial, but at the same time the statements are impossible… and that worries me. I am relatively positive that no one in beta would be making these types of wording mistakes. If this is a matter of poor wording that is one thing. If this is a matter of trying to be more impressive than the truth, I can tell you it is not necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:16 pm 
Spammer

Delsana,

First off, Welcome to our forums.

Next, I have a few questions.
  1. You have indicated that you have a lot of free time. Why is that? In other words, do you not work or go to school?
  2. Where do you live? general area. no current plans to stock you. (simply curious. no relevance to my vote for you.)
  3. How long have you been playing Multi-player games over the internet? (also just a curiosity)
Thanks for your time. :)

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:43 pm 
Spammer

Master Gui-Jan wrote:
stock

:) Stalk... I think it is. But, on reflection, it doesn't make sense why. Slow + quieT + wALK?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalking

Oh, and welcome Delsana!