Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Targhee's application
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:51 am 

General Character Information

I enjoy playing World of Warcraft. My main interests on World of Warcraft are PvE. If playing with friends, I coudl enjoy PvP as well.

I like role-playing games such as WoW. I also enjoy general strategy games, and I will be trying out Travian. It looks interesting.

I am waiting for the World of Warcraft expansion and I plan to play that.

I am generally known as Targhee, I have had alts named Morghar and Roenagh. I always play dwarves, I guess I like the "gh" sound in dwarf names, it just sounds right to me.

As for other player associations, I only have a guild on another WoW server to mention. It's a small guild comprised of mostly real-life friends that are leaving the game for a while. That guild is Outlanders on the Silver Hand server, and I don't really consider myself as necessarily leaving that guild.

I have not considered any other player associations.

I have read the official Avian Charter, I have nothing that I would add to the Charter as it seems very professional in nature already.

I would probably check the Avian forums around 5 times a week.

Now I'd like to take a moment to tell you how I found Avian...
My wife's uncle is Rocklar (or Liro in WoW), and after my guild on Silver Hand became less appealing, I found out that Dalaran was accepting new character creations again. I jumped at the chance to start a character and play with him. I was not aware that Avian extended beyond WoW, but I am impressed with the organization.

I chose the Sentinels of Avian because I had heard it was a solid guild that was getting into some more advanced instances. I would love to be part of a great organization, because I believe it adds a lot to the enjoyment of gameplay.

Avian would get a youthful gamer that still has the politeness, integrity, and team spirit to fit into its more mature atmosphere. I am generally very well-spoken and I have leadership skills that I can't explain.

On a lighter note:
I can solo Onyxia without using my talent points. I can leap over the Thousand Needles in a single bound. I can out-dance a night elf. I can flawlessly pull mobs while blind-folded. Shamans run away from me. Bankers give me slots AND bags for free because of my good looks. Horde guards bow to me. I have played in Stranglethorn Vale for weeks without going insane. I have crawled between a gnome's legs

but I have not yet joined Avian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:11 am 
Spammer

Targhee

Thank you for applying to Avian Gamers. Your application is currently being reviewed by the Board of Directors. The application process can take anywhere from a day to 2 weeks or more. A lengthy process is no indication of a negative outcome, however the more you participate in the forums the more likely it is that your wait will be short. As soon as a decision has been made, you will be notified.

You are encouraged to participate in these forums, and interact with our members in game.

If you have any questions about Avian Gamers Network, or about Avian in a particular game, please feel free to post your questions in this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:12 am 

Okey Dokey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:02 am 

nice app Targ, thanks for applying...good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:20 am 
teh Referrer

Notice he didn't say he could out drink a Dorf!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:22 am 
Spammer

Welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:24 pm 
Spammer

Heya, Targhee! Good to see you here so quickly.

I hope to catch you in-game tonight - say 'hey' to Amy for me. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:17 pm 
Spammer

Targhee wrote:
Now I'd like to take a moment to tell you how I found Avian...
My wife's uncle is Rocklar (or Liro in WoW), and after my guild on Silver Hand became less appealing, I found out that Dalaran was accepting new character creations again. I jumped at the chance to start a character and play with him. I was not aware that Avian extended beyond WoW, but I am impressed with the organization.

I'm gonna have to say this guy sounds like a bad egg and I'm not sure I can recommend a positive vote to my section director....

He has VERY dubious credentials :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:41 pm 
Spammer

Targhee wrote:

Welcome! :D

Let us know your secret, Liro has been AWOL for a few days, though I haven't stayed up until 1am to see if he logs on.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:00 am 
Spammer

Arindel wrote:
Targhee wrote:

Welcome! :D

Let us know your secret, Liro has been AWOL for a few days, though I haven't stayed up until 1am to see if he logs on.

he was on last night with a group of us(Nas,Cy,Ry, and Zerost) who were laying waste to Westfall with the help of our dorf friend Gudsvenn....most logged real quick when someone announced it was 01:45 server time

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:27 am 

moonraker66 wrote:
he was on last night with a group of us(Nas,Cy,Ry, and Zerost) who were laying waste to Westfall with the help of our dorf friend Gudsvenn....most logged real quick when someone announced it was 01:45 server time

Yea, had a blast trashing Westfall for sure, and Liro was there. I noticed at 12:00 what time it was .. then, before I knew it the time was almost 2:00 .. urgg, and I had to get up early to attend a neighbors play at church. Fun evening for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:34 pm 
Spammer

Targhee,

Congratulations, your application has been accepted by the Board of Directors and you will be placed in Section 7.

As a new member you may wish to visit the Important Links for Every Member thread. It will greatly help you get caught up with the rest of Avian. Remember that some things at that link might be slightly out of date now they we have expanded into a multi-game Player Association. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me, or any of our members.

Again, Congratulations on your membership.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:04 am 

Welcome to Avian!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:00 pm 

Yes indeed, welcome to Avian.

Daimania :wink: