Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:12 am 
Site Admin

Hi applicants,

Thanks everyone for your interest in Avian. We are happy to welcome all the new members coming through WoW, and want to make sure you get forum access to enhance your playing experience as soon as possible. Please understand that a well-written application and other participation in the forums will generally get your application approved faster. Wing Leader's recommendations are also a big source of information for the Board of Directors when deciding on applications, so be sure to get involved in the Wing and introduce yourself to our in-game leaders.
That said, the application process as it stands is a little bit out of date. With most of our new members coming in through WoW, we're currently trying to change the system so that the Wing Leaders in WoW and other games will be able to approve new applicants directly, based on their in-game interactions. When implemented, this will largely eliminate the purpose of this forum, except for applicants who find us on the Web and not through any particular game.
Political discussions are often quite slow in Avian, however, so it may be some time before we are able to decide exactly how the system will work. In the meantime, please continue using this application process, post in the public boards, and interact with your Wing Leaders in game so that we know a little bit more about you. Thank you for your patience, good luck and happy gaming!

Last edited by Onto Kracken on Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:11 pm 
Site Admin

Update on this:
We have approved a final document giving Wing Leaders the ability to approve or reject applicants that come through their respective Wings. This means that the Board of Directors will no longer be reviewing applications for members that apply through the Wings (for example, from WoW). New applicants, please refer to your Wing Leaders for help in getting approved.

World of Warcraft - Arindel
Roma Victor - X2-PB
EVE Online - Obo

Anyone not coming through those games can go ahead and submit an application here. Current applications that have not been approved or rejected will be passed on to the appropriate Wing Leaders for review.

Thanks for your cooperation in this time of transition for Avian. Feel free to post here or PM me with questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:32 am 

Might need to update this, as Manni is no longer our WoW leader. Please refer to Arindel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:40 pm 

We'll need an amendment for AoC now, if this format is still in place.