Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:42 am 

General Character Information

•What games do you currently enjoy playing the most?
Currently I stick to Offline, shooters on my PC along with certain RPG and Management games. Specifically, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, Fate (free RPG), Kotor I and Ports Of Call.
On my XBox I play Band Hero and Need For Speed Most wanted along with KoToR II
Online game has been set to a complete halt until TOR, but I played EVE for about a year after leaving Avian.

•What style of gameplay do generally prefer? PvP, PvE, Crafting, etc...?
One cannot expect to play MMO without one or another. But personally I enjoy PvE very much, along with item/ressource gathering. And when I finally feel confident in my char I tend to test it out with some PvP. And while I do enjoy Playing on a quest with others, I don't like the idea of Raids or instances... Just the avarage helping along or grouping together in mutual benefition of completing a quest.

•What game genres do you find most enjoyable?
I have no set genre of preference, but I know what I don't like... Which tend to come spontaniously... Like I no longer play WoW, but that does not mean I don't like MMORPG...
But in general, railed games aren't my style, unless it is a rail-game by design. (I like Rebel Assault but not Call of Duty Black Ops)

•What unreleased games are you currently following the progress of?
TOR, Duke Nukem Forever, Diablo 3, Infinity: Quest for Earth (Indie game)

•What unreleased games do you plan on playing in the future?
TOR, Duke Nukem Forever, Diablo 3

•In the games that you currently play, what names do your characters go by?
Azzameen, Azza, Azz, Jax Pavan, Jax De'Nolo

Player Associations

•Have you previously been a part of any other Player Associations for any specific games or for gaming in general? Which ones were they, and why did you leave?
I was once part of this (Avian Gamers) PA for about 8 years. I joined at the height of the SW:G hype and became an active member (in-game) during the late CU, delayed mostly due to restriction in internet connectivity from Greenland.
Played a little WoW but it never stuck, and EVE Online Soloing occasinally partnering with a couple of local friends from RL.
I left because I felt that most of Avian had lost most of what once made it great... A tightnit community. Now more than a year later I have come to terms with the fact that Avian is actually one of the more close community across multiple games who also are open to playstyles.

•With the exception of the ones you have joined (if any) what other Player Associations did you consider?
Mostly EVE and pre-TOR guilds... However pretty much all of them - while they are tightnit - impose rules of gaming style. Some are raidspecific, others RP-ing and others a "guilds first and formost" style, all with little room for self-developement and/or casual approach to gaming.

Avian
•Have you read and do you understand the text of the official Avian Charter?
Honestly I couldn't find it this time around, but since it remained unchange the first five years I was in (Revised in '07 or '08) I doubt it has changed much.
In any case I have notices the spur of Goverments which are as I understand for the different bodies that makes up avian. The games and the Overall govermetn/forums goverment.

•Is there anything you would change or amend to the Charter?
Unlikely, though I do want to see a certain degree of resurgence of the old BoD style goverment, which required members to be active.

•Are you aware that a lot of Avian’s organization is conducted on the forum as opposed to in games themselves? How often do you see yourself regularly checking the forums if you are accepted into Avian
Pretty often, since I started out as a passive member, most of my participation happened through the forums.

•Please take a moment to tell us how you found Avian.
That was almost ten years ago, while on vacation in Mallorca, with SW:G not even in Beta. I can't remeber specifically how...

•Please explain why you have chosen Avian and why Avian should choose you. What do you expect to get from your membership in Avian and what do you expect to offer?
The reason I have chosen Avian is still the same as then. (I know my original application is long gone)
Basically I am looking for like minded mature gamers who forms a group one can enjoy.
Granted the reson I left was because I felt a lack of such in the forums and to some extent in the games. However that might have been (or rather is), me putting my standards too high. Because bottom line is that if I enter a game, I know with guarantee that I will get an answer or help if I ask for it, no matter what it is. Whether or not is is RP question, ingmae question, hints, personal improvement question or for the good of the guild, I know I won't get an answer that says "RTFM", "noob" or even variations of "GTFO" with other splurs...

Why should Avian chose me?
Good questions since I might have burned a couple of bridges or even overstepped my bounds when I left.
However, as I have tried to show with this application, is that I have matured some mre as a person, I have come to terms with the fact that Avian is not the same PA as I fondly remember, nor can I require it to be.
At the same time... Avian will recieve a member who knows the rules, is interested and willing to make amends. A member who will not ask stupid questions on a daily basis and a member who is willing to share his opinion when needed be.

I humbly await your decision.

P.S.
If I am accepted back in, I would prefer a re-activation of my old account (Azzameen85)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:48 am 
Site Admin

Azz, its great to see you again. I am not going to bother with the default "Thank you for applying" text. You know all about that. How have you been? What have you been up to? You were always one of our biggest Star Wars fans; have you been checking out The Old Republic? I have been watching that game very closely. I think it is shaping up to be a great game.

I am getting approval to activate your old account. In the meantime let’s have some fun.

1. Why did you choose the screen-name Azzameen85?

2. If you could be some known Star Wars character and actually live his life. Who would it be? Why that character? Would you change anything?

3. Do you have a favorite starship type in Star Wars? If so, which one?

4. Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming

I’m Looking forward to your answers. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:12 pm 

Cyrus Rex wrote:
  1. Why did you choose the screen-name Azzameen85?

Well actually... It's because I have always been a huge fan of the X-wing computergame series. At the time I was playing X-wing Alliance alot, with the main charator in the gmae called "Ace Azzameen". When playing flight simulators (Combat FS, Crimson Skies, Jane's WW2 Fighters) I had gotten used to be called "Ace" by my friends...
But since "Ace was already taken at the time, I took "Azzameen" and Added 85, since I'm born 1985... Been sticking with it ever since... My mail and other logins here and there... It's part if my personal Identity now... And I still chuckle over the fact that I got to keep the name "Azz De'Nolo" in SW:G without the moderators banning me for it... :p

Cyrus Rex wrote:
  • If you could be some known Star Wars character and actually live his life. Who would it be? Why that character? Would you change anything?

• I would say Kell Tainer. (Introduced in Star Wars X-Wing: Wraith Squadron (Novel)). Mostly because I personally identify with him. A good technitian, with - in his own words - a small talent of demolition skills (I'm a sys-admin with semi-great graphical skills). A loner, who seeks to redeem his family name. (I have a proud heritage of Lithuanian-Polish decent living in Greenland of middel-low social class) And he loves to fly his fighter and blow things up...
    Socially inept at first, got an odd friend, ending up finding the woman of his dreams.

Cyrus Rex wrote:
  • Do you have a favorite starship type in Star Wars? If so, which one?

• There is no denying the X-Wing. A medium all-purpose fighter, with heavy strike capeabilities.
    But If I were to choose a freighter I would pick either a CEC YT-2400 (Think Dash Rendars Ship) or a CEC YT-1930. Both of the same line as the Millinium Falcon, but distinct models in temselves, with the well know corellian ease of modification. (Don't wanna be another Han Solo Wannabe with another Millinium Falcon. Wanna be my own.)
    A Cruiser would be Nebulon B-Frigate or a Gladiator-class stardestroyer. I like the idea of being a "hidden" captain, who seems insignificant, but manage to get more out of his ship and crew. (Prefer to be underestimated)

Cyrus Rex wrote:
  • Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming

• I am an aspireing writer. Those I wrote earlier on these forums have been scrapped. But I have taken alot of the designs I made to those stories and reused them in some other stories I'm writing.
    Furthermore I have started playing the guitar and am currently designing my own electric guitar, inspired by the guitar used by Nekki Basara in "Macross 7"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:18 pm 
    Spammer

Glad to see you back. I was sorry to see you go last time. Hopefully you're back for good. You've been missed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:53 am 

So do I.

Looking forward to TOR. The storyline gameplay actually fits into my style of playing. Along with the massive amount of co-op required in the game by design rather than nessecity.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:32 am 
    Site Admin

Azz, I reactivated your old account. Try logging into it and let me know if it works.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:44 am 

Hot diggidy-daffodil!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:08 am 

I'm good now. :)

Got access to the correct forums and am currently reading through changed, and new features of Avian...

There's alot to read.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:34 am 
    Spammer

Yeah, even with the low activity level, there is still a lot to wade through. Welcome back!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:33 am 
    Site Admin

BTW Azz, those were great answers!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:58 pm 
    Spammer

Wait, did we actually let him back in?????

;)

Welcome back Azz!

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
    DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
    DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:53 am 

Master Gui-Jan wrote:
    Wait, did we actually let him back in?????

;)

Welcome back Azz!

Nice to be appreciated :P

Cyrus Rex wrote:
    BTW Azz, those were great answers!

Well... About SW I am more or less regonized as the biggest SW fan on Greenland, in the top five of most knowlegdeable in SW Lore in Denmark.
    Now with what you said earlier, I might even rank high on an international scale :mrgreen:

I wanna be called "Avian's living Holocron"

BTW... I wanna work with Leland Chee, who is a LucasFilm/Lucas Licensing official and the person who maintains the Holocron continuity database.
    I'm pretty confident I can make a run for his money in a pop-quiz :P