Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Radegund Application
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:27 pm 

General Character Info:
-I currently play SWTOR, WoW, and Mass Effect 1&2 the most, however I'm also a huge fan of Sims3 and fall back on it whenever servers are down or I have gotten burnt out on a game, etc. I also VERY much enjoy watching my boyfriend play games like Portal 1&2, the Zelda games, Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, and L.A. Noire. (We are huge gamers, can you tell?)
-Generally I prefer PvE, however I've recently gotten more into PvP and joined a PvP server on SWTOR; I am open to either style of gameplay. I also really enjoy achievement-chasing, as I find questing/leveling kind of tedious after awhile.
-As far as game genres, I enjoy MMOs and the occasional FPS (PC only). I enjoy games that I can either play or discuss with other people.
-I am following the progress of Mass Effect 3 and the Mists of Panderia expansion for WoW.
-In WoW, my main is Radegund, but I have several alts that I play on occasion.
For SWTOR, I have several characters and have not chosen a main. Their names are Nalatalii, Ambrosia, Sephora, Tahiri, Falcira, and Elphina. I play both Alliance and Empire characters.

Player Associations:
-I have not previously been part of any Player Associations apart from casual guilds in WoW that consisted mostly of Vent action and not much else. I have not considered any other Player Associations.

Avian:
-I had a hard time finding the Charter link, however, if someone could point me in the right direction I would gladly read it!
-As I signed up for update emails with the forum, I see myself checking them fairly often, at least several times throughout the week.
-I found Avian through Cetera, who I know through work, and asked if he wanted to group up at some point for SWTOR. He invited me to apply to the guild.
-I'm interested in joining this guild because I enjoy the networking that goes on, everyone helping eachother quest, level, giving advice, and trading goods/services and such. It's also much more enjoyable to play a game when there are people to group with for raids, quests, instances, and the like, which also makes such a large guild very attractive to me. I'm an experienced gamer and love being social and nerding-out with my guildies and friends.

Thank you!

Rade

Post subject: Re: Radegund Application
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:56 pm 

Welcome to the forums.. :)

I'm sure some of the more "established" members around here are gonna introduce you into the guild in a proper way later on :)

I am Azzameen85 (Known as Azz around here for some odd reason) and I am one of the more casual gamers around here, currently active in Star Trek Online, and playing the waiting game on SW:TOR...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:13 pm 

Thanks! Nice to meet you! Too bad about the waiting game, that's hard when everyone's always talking about it!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:57 pm 
Spammer

Azz, we call you that to give you a hard time. It is so close to an American pejorative (ass) meaning a pain, a trial, a troublesome individual, etc, coupled with all of us shortening everyone else's names, that it just seems to fit.

Good to see you, Rade. I was wondering when you'd get around to saying hello. The Charter is a reference to an old doc from back in 2003 that we really don't have any more. It is OK to skip that part.

Are any of the rest of your "crew" going to introduce themselves too? Anyway, good to see you. Definitely make friends with the folk around here. We don't have a ton of members, but we're all quality people.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 am 
Site Admin

Welcome,

A friend of Cetera's is a friend of mine.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:54 am 

Cyrus Rex wrote:
Welcome,

I dunno about that Cetera guy...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:54 am 

Cetera wrote:
Azz, we call you that to give you a hard time. It is so close to an American pejorative (ass) meaning a pain, a trial, a troublesome individual, etc, coupled with all of us shortening everyone else's names, that it just seems to fit.

I know *snicker* I just wanted someone to put that on word except me :p

evergamer wrote:
Cyrus Rex wrote:
Welcome,

I dunno about that Cetera guy...

Meh... he hasn't gone Leroy Jenkins on us yet...

The waiting game is due to logistics... Greenland is very far away from anything... and currently as cold as Hoth... :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:10 am 
Spammer

Welcome, Radegund.

I agree with Cyrus, any friend of Cetera is also a friend of mine.

I think you will enjoy our PA, as we are very much a Casual group, with fits of frenzied behavior when games like SWTOR come along.

Also, I'm looking forward to more local members, since I'm around the Boulder/Denver area. We will eventually be revising our Charter and other information, however due to our Casual nature I think it hasn't been considered a major priority.

We will run through the "official" approval process for your application and get you an answer as soon as possible, but in the mean time, "mi casa es su casa". Enjoy the forums and get to know our family better. Also, we have an in-game alliance with The Crescent Order. They are a good bunch of people, so feel free to get to know them on our server as well, and jump into groups. Once you are tagged in-game with Avian you will probably have TCO'ers coming up to you regularly.

DDO - Cannith - AlistairItor - Rogue/Ranger (5/3) - Main
DDO - Cannith - Guijanitor - Paladin/Rogue (4/1)
DDO - Cannith - RicochetItor - Rogue (5)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:22 am 
Spammer

Master Gui-Jan wrote:
Also, we have an in-game alliance with The Crescent Order. They are a good bunch of people, so feel free to get to know them on our server as well, and jump into groups. Once you are tagged in-game with Avian you will probably have TCO'ers coming up to you regularly.

They must know me then, because they never talk to me. At all. Ever.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:26 am 
Spammer

Cetera wrote:
Master Gui-Jan wrote:
Also, we have an in-game alliance with The Crescent Order. They are a good bunch of people, so feel free to get to know them on our server as well, and jump into groups. Once you are tagged in-game with Avian you will probably have TCO'ers coming up to you regularly.

They must know me then, because they never talk to me. At all. Ever.

Yeah, I think I recall some chatter along the lines of "Shhhhhh. It's Cetera. If we're very quiet and don't make any sudden moves he won't see us......"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:28 am 
Spammer

You apparently didn't see what DF promoted me to last night in our SWTOR guild. I'm now Supreme Emperor for life! The peons will pay now! Muahahahahahahahahahaha!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:42 am 
Spammer

Here is your Official Government response:

Radegund,

Thank you for applying to Avian Gamers. Your application is currently being reviewed by the Board of Directors. The application process can take anywhere from a day to 2 weeks or more. A lengthy process is no indication of a negative outcome, however the more you participate in the forums the more likely it is that your wait will be short. As soon as a decision has been made, you will be notified.

You are encouraged to participate in these forums, and interact with our members in game.

If you have any questions about Avian Gamers Network, or about Avian in a particular game, please feel free to post your questions in this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:02 pm 

Cetera, should I pretend to have computer/printer/techie issues to get you to swing by my office sometime and show me how to re-post what people have said above in my reply, so I don't have to do this?:

@Master Gui-Jan, I plan on switching servers as soon as I figure out how to do so! Otherwise, I'll just create a new character and have two separate servers. Is Avian Empire or Alliance? Do those of us who live "locally" ever get together for out-of-game drinks, etc, because hit me up, I am totally down.

@Cetera, My boyfriend apparently can't tear himself away long enough to be friendly and polite, and he's currently home for the holidays so I can't sit and pester him until he does so. That being said, he SHOULD be doing that sometime this week, as should his brother. As for our other friends, one is in France for the holidays and has no Internet, and the other has joined some other guild on a different server and is somewhat MIA at the moment. So at the least, I have two noobs to bring into the fold for now, and hopefully more once everyone is back in January.

@Azz, so... can I call you Azz? :-)

Thanks for the warm welcome, all. My boyfriend and his bro really are sociable people, they just get frenzied about new games as we all do, and do little else besides eat Christmas fudge and cookies while they quest. Frankly, it kind of turns them into their Nega-selves (anyone a Scott Pilgrim fan?) If I wasn't forced to sit at a desk for eight hours a day, you can bet I'd be spending all my time playing!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:27 pm 
Spammer

Radegund wrote:
Cetera, should I pretend to have computer/printer/techie issues to get you to swing by my office sometime and show me how to re-post what people have said above in my reply, so I don't have to do this?:

Please, please do. I could use getting out of this office. Right now I've got so many emergencies, I don't know what to look at first, and therefore am petulantly not looking at any.

To quote people, you can click on the handy-dandy little "quote" button on their post, and it will do all the formatting for you. In posting a reply, there are also little buttons at the top of the field that say "Quote" and such that when you click on, insert the UBB (or whatever it is we use) code into the post for you. You can also do it the old fashioned way, by hand. To do that, you type in the following (which you can see when you use the other buttons, as it does it for you but is still visible):

Code:
[quote="username"]stuff they typed that you want to respond to[/quote]

That makes it look like this:
username wrote:
stuff they typed that you want to respond to

To add bold and italics and stuff (again, see the buttons on the posting window) it is the same thing, except you use
Code:
[b]bold text here[/b] and [i]italics text here[/i]

I'll leave for your homework figuring out how to insert pics and links. It is due tomorrow. You will be graded.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:42 pm 

Quote:
Please, please do. I could use getting out of this office. Right now I've got so many emergencies, I don't know what to look at first, and therefore am petulantly not looking at any.

The problem is, we have no docs til 1:00, and so literally all I am doing all morning is scanning stuff they sent over from AGMS. Literally hundreds of things. It's a wonderfully fulfilling use of my degree, I must say. If you come up with a fake computer issue for me to have, I will gladly make a call :-) Mwaha.

Attachments:
swtor-beta.jpg
swtor-beta.jpg [ 35.4 KiB | Viewed 17717 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:45 pm 
Spammer

Radegund wrote:
The problem is, we have no docs til 1:00, and so literally all I am doing all morning is scanning stuff they sent over from AGMS. Literally hundreds of things. It's a wonderfully fulfilling use of my degree, I must say. If you come up with a fake computer issue for me to have, I will gladly make a call :-) Mwaha.

That seems self-explanatory right there. "My scanner isn't working correctly..." In fact, I believe you have that problem every now and again, and have called me before for that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:49 pm 

But if you leave your desk, i'll be even more bored than I am now.

Formatting USB drives to be bootable only holds my attention for so long.

DONT LEAVE ME, PETE!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:53 pm 

evergamer wrote:

He's coming to help me fix my broken scanner! It's an emergency!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:26 pm 

Radegund wrote:
@Azz, so... can I call you Azz? :-)

Don't want to be an ass, by denying you the right to call me Azz...

(I still wonder how the name was allowed in SW:G)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:43 pm 

Radegund wrote:
evergamer wrote:

So is my sanity! The tedium of today is killin me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:28 pm 
Spammer

evergamer wrote:
Radegund wrote:
evergamer wrote:

So.....let me know when you have some low level tech support position open. You aren't that far, and having 4 guildmates together in the same office could finally bring on the apocalypse I've been trying to usher in!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:31 pm 
Spammer

Radegund wrote:
@Master Gui-Jan, I plan on switching servers as soon as I figure out how to do so! Otherwise, I'll just create a new character and have two separate servers. Is Avian Empire or Alliance? Do those of us who live "locally" ever get together for out-of-game drinks, etc, because hit me up, I am totally down.

We are Alliance. Our friends over at TCO have both an Alliance and an Empire guild, so for the Empire side you could have a decent number of playmates available.
Pete and I have only gotten together once, over lunch before he moved up there. I would love to get together, and don't mind the driving, however I am limited to weeknights unless I bring my boys (since I have them on weekends).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:38 pm 
Spammer

Master Gui-Jan wrote:
Radegund wrote:

We are Alliance. Our friends over at TCO have both an Alliance and an Empire guild, so for the Empire side you could have a decent number of playmates available.
Pete and I have only gotten together once, over lunch before he moved up there. I would love to get together, and don't mind the driving, however I am limited to weeknights unless I bring my boys (since I have them on weekends).

To add to this I think many of our members plan on having empire characters at some point in the not so distant future. We ran a poll in the members area and had several people who I think would have prefered to go empire to start.

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:08 pm 

Master Gui-Jan wrote:
evergamer wrote:
Radegund wrote:
evergamer wrote:

So.....let me know when you have some low level tech support position open. You aren't that far, and having 4 guildmates together in the same office could finally bring on the apocalypse I've been trying to usher in!

I've been dying to make use of a Greencard for a long time...
Only thing I needed was a jobcontract in the states.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:35 pm 

Quick update, I created a Consular on the Sanctum server, name is Radegund, feel free to give a shout out :-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:24 pm 

@All of you, I'll just re-create all of my toons on the Sanctum server, I think. If/when an Empire guild is created, I'm down to play, and I'll keep an eye out for news on that.

Also, the boyfriend registered as trey.mcd, though he has not posted anything yet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:48 pm 

Radegund wrote:
Do those of us who live "locally" ever get together for out-of-game drinks, etc, because hit me up, I am totally down.

Cetera and I may be considered "friends", and may occasionally hang out. :P

Or, as our wives call each other: Besties.

We just had lunch.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:06 pm 

So I heard, how was McAlister's? Haha.

Trey won't be back until after New Years, but we do enjoy margarita monday on occasion out at Corona Village, if anyone else wants to indulge sometime...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:15 pm 

It was awesome, as usual.(love that place)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:42 pm 

Ok all, made my characters on Sanctum and they are as follows:

Alliance:
Radegund - Jedi Consular
Santeria - Smuggler
Valkyra - Jedi Knight

Empire:
Jocasta - Imperial Agent
Morte - Sith Inquisitor

:-D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:38 pm 
Spammer

Radegund,

Congratulations, your application has been accepted by Avian Gamers Network Leadership.

As a new member you may wish to visit the Important Links for Every Member thread. It will greatly help you get caught up with the rest of Avian. Remember that some things at that link might be slightly out of date now they we have expanded into a multi-game Player Association. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me, or any of our members.

Again, Congratulations on your membership.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:47 pm 

Yay! Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:07 pm 
Spammer

Radegund wrote:
Yay! Thanks guys!

Cheers! Ask any officer in game to get yourself and any alts promoted to member!

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:15 pm 

Anyone on tonight? I'm playing my Knight, Valkyra if anyone would like to add me! (Please!)

*Edit* I'll be switching between Valkyra and my Consular, Radegund.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:09 am 
Spammer

Hm. Nevermind. Looks like my chat stopped scrolling before you joined up. Welcome to the guild in-game and out!!!