It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Application: Hellshing
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:16 pm 

1. What is the name of your character?

Immolatus Hellshing

2. What species will your character be?

She is a Twi'lek

3. What profession will you most likely be pursuing?

Right now I am Survey 4, and tailor, but I am switching to Marksman/Scout so I can be a bountyhunter with some merchant skills.

4. If applicable, what handle do you use on the Sony Online SWG forums?

Mp5Ninja ( I have posted twice ever, but I read more than anything).

5. What other sites do you visit to obtain information on Star Wars Galaxies, and how frequently do you visit these sites?

Occasionally: www.swgcenter.com

6. Explain why Avian is the right PA for you. How do we meet your needs?

Definetly the most appealing thing to me, about Avian, was the level of organization. The reason I play computer games is almost solely for online play. When I wanted to join a PA, I wanted one that was well organized and serious about what they were doing (as well as having fun). Avian really exceded my expectations in both of these and the players I have spoken to online have been very helpful and good-natured.

7. Please describe how your character will earn a 'living' in SWG, what can you contribute to Avian, and in particular what skills or profession will you be focusing on?

The skill I will focus on is Bounty Hunting and some Merchant skills. I know it will be some time before I reach bountyhunter so I will go heavy on merchant as well (I am also lvl 4 in surveyor). My real hopes and wellbeing thus far in Star Wars Galaxies has been player driven economy. That has been my biggest point of interest. Establishing trade and making a living outside of the standard "skills" we are given. I plan on providing business services that arise in the game, for example perhaps making runs to far away markets to post items for sale, or take advantage of galaxy-wide bazaar price differences. I will try to create new modes of player-based economy as well as provide aid to other avians in their economic goals.

8. Avian desires to remain a neutral PA, and as such will avoid many forms of PvP combat. If you have chosen to take on a combat oriented character, describe how you will fit in to a mainly non-combat PA. What services will you provide to Avian members and how do you wish to be rewarded for your services?

I am having enough difficulty now even gaining much combat experience because of the way I live in the universe (since player produced economy doesn't give any skillpoints). I use my combat skills more to provide income, and I think bountyhunting is fun in general. Also, killing is a big business in the star wars universe, and I think I could work my own skills combined with others to perhaps open up a criminal activities branch of Avian. However, if that is not welcome, I will not pursue that line of work. I think there is much business to be found in combat, for example helping someone gain experience very fast by taking them on a hunting expidition and me (and some business partners) providing a shield, for a hefty price of course. Outside of bountyhunting, which is a more individual pursuit, I would definetly be able to provide protection for Avian members in the wilds and use "any means necessary" to get a large amount of creature harvested resources.

9. What are your long and short-term goals?
Short term, get a solid paycheck coming in so I can afford to upkeep my harvester and powerplant as well as advance skills. Long term, to set up some player-based-business-networks and become a bounty hunter on the side.

10. Please Take a moment to tell how you found Avian.
A friend of mine is a member, and has been for over a year. His own involvement and description of your organization first pulled me into Star Wars Galaxies.

11. Why have you chosen Avian over other PAs you have considered or previously belonged to and which PAs were they?

I have been playing online games for at least 5 years, having been clan leader of 2 groups, I know how hard it is to be organized and keep a good member body. Avian has really shown an incredible member base and a great community; Avian embodies what I enjoy in online gaming.

12. What would you change and/or add to the Charter? Why?

I almost would like to see some Avian, perhaps corporate type, businesses. As in subsidiary businesses run by Avian as a whole, but giving their income to Avian. This goes beyond the member businesses of Avian. I would be very willing to give a percentage of my income to Avian to fund its businesses (not just some low occasional fee). Thus perhaps Avian could grow to a massive galactic business status. Members could become Avian employees and such paid a standard fee for their work.

See you online!

Last edited by Hellshing on Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:45 pm 
Site Admin

Thankyou for applying to Avian Technology and Trade. Your application is being reviewed by the Board of Directors. As soon as a decision has been made, you will be notified.

You are encouraged to participate in these forums, and interact with our members in game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:41 am 

Welcome to our boards and good luck with your application :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hellshing,

Congratulations, your application has been accepted by the Board of Directors and you will be being placed in Section 1.

As a new member you may wish you visit the Important Links for Every Member thread. It will greatly help you get caught up with the rest of Avian. Again, Congratulations on your membership.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:59 pm 
Spammer

Congratulations, Hellshing! Took us long enough to finally reel you in!

Edward
S9 director

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:52 am 

Wow!! Haha I was posting on the boards today, and I noticed it said section 1 under my avatar!

Thanks a lot, and can't wait to get involved in PA business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:47 am 
Spammer

Hellshing wrote:
Wow!! Haha I was posting on the boards today, and I noticed it said section 1 under my avatar!
Did you also notice that there was a bunch of extra boards you suddenly had access to?

Edward