It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Application: Shaylen
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:38 pm 

1. What is the name of your character?

Shaylen

2. What species will your character be?

Human

3. What profession will you most likely be pursuing?

I am a Master Artisan and Architect. I plan to become a Merchant and skill-credits-remaining, would like to get into Tailoring.

4. If applicable, what handle do you use on the Sony Online SWG forums?

OneTrueShaylen

5. What other sites do you visit to obtain information on Star Wars Galaxies, and how frequently do you visit these sites?

Sony, IGN, and Stractics. I have two computers. I play on one and use the other to research information on these sites.

6. Explain why Avian is the right PA for you. How do we meet your needs?

You meet my needs on a number of levels…

You have a fantastic Charter! The first paragraph blew me away! I was an allegiance leader for a large group in another MMORPG, and that is exactly what I would share with my members. You want to see your members happy and you want to help them work it out when they’re not. But if those fail, you want them to understand that it’s a game, and games are meant to be fun, and the last thing you want is for them to resent having to log in to play, especially if it’s a game you pay for. It is just refreshing to see others who share a similar philosophy!

You’re organized! You have had a lot of time to develop your group and your goals. Everything is very well laid out and understandable. I enjoy groups that have a good foundation and good short-term and long-term goals in mind.

You’re primarily businessmen! This aspect of the game is what I love, and I was hoping to find a similar group!

7. Please describe how your character will earn a 'living' in SWG, what can you contribute to Avian, and in particular what skills or profession will you be focusing on?

I earn a living in game by building and selling items to others in game, such as houses and furniture. I will be focusing on building structures, furniture, and clothing. I most recently opened a shop up the hill from your PA Hall, and hope to develop that business further.

8. Avian desires to remain a neutral PA, and as such will avoid many forms of PvP combat. If you have chosen to take on a combat oriented character, describe how you will fit in to a mainly non-combat PA. What services will you provide to Avian members and how do you wish to be rewarded for your services?

I haven’t chosen a combat oriented character. I prefer to engage in combat for purpose of harvesting resources to build/construct. I do enjoy a good social group hunt as well. I would like to provide merchant services to Avian members as well as the other players on Chilastra. As I have told other people I do business with, I prefer making acquaintances and developing a strong customer base that can help with build on my experience, which in turn allows me to provide more to my community, rather than just being out for a straight profit. I have encouraged others to bring me the resources and I will make items at no cost to them. This is, of course, takes a lot of trust, and that is the type of relationship I am trying to establish.

9. What are your long and short-term goals?

My short-term goals? Learning and Experience! My long-term goals? Meeting some new folks and becoming a better Merchant with the ability to teach others.

10. Please Take a moment to tell how you found Avian.

Howdy neighbors! *waves* I have a house on the other side of the inlet where you have started developing. I happened by the PA Hall (more like ran into it!) on 7/4 and had the opportunity to speak with Iain. He was very helpful and pointed me in the direction of your (temp) website. I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve read so far, and those I have already met in game.

11. Why have you chosen Avian over other PAs you have considered or previously belonged to and which PAs were they?

I have not been considering or previously belonged to another PA. When I started SWG, I had in mind that I wanted to find a PA that met my goals and shared similar philosophies. I really feel as though I’ve found that with Avian. I don’t see any reason to shop around… no pun intended. ;)

12. What would you change and/or add to the Charter? Why?

I have had the opportunity to read the Charter in full. I don’t see anything I would want to change or add at this time. Perhaps with further involvement with the PA and as the group grows and develops, there will be more educated room for me, or anyone, to provide constructive suggestions.

Last edited by Shaylen on Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:17 pm 
Spammer

Welcome to the boards and nice use of color!

My name is Tobias Smith and I approved this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:07 am 
Spammer

Thankyou for applying to Avian Technology and Trade. Your application is being reviewed by the Board of Directors. As soon as a decision has been made, you will be notified.

You are encouraged to participate in these forums, and interact with our members in game.

Former Head of Department of the Treasury
-------
Ask not what your PA can do for you, but what you can do for your PA
"Gone Section Five"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:58 pm 

Heya Rho! Yes, I thought adding some color would make it easier on the eyes to tell the difference between the Q&A's.

And thank you, Dragon Fire! I look forward to hearing back from someone after review.

Shaylen

:amidala: <~~ Okay, these are spiffy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:20 am 

Nice, easy to read application, good luck with it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:20 am 

Good luck with your application!
I really don't have anything constructive to say but it's three am and your application gave me something interesting to read while I fight my insomnia, so good luck!

Connor

O'Hara's Bar & Grill
"God invented liquor to prevent the Irish from ruling the world!" ~ Irish saying.
[img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:39 am 
Spammer

Best of luck on your application, Shaylen! In addition to your application, some Avians who have met you told me a little about you - I think you'll make an excellent addition to Avian!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:58 pm 

Connor, Good to meet you! I hope my application was "dull" enough to help you get some Zzz's. ;) I suffer from a bit of that myself, so I know how it goes.

Rocklar, Good to meet you too, and thank you for the well wishes! It has been a pleasure meeting and doing business with Avian members. I really try to pride myself in good business etiquette and customer service, and I'm really pleased to hear that I'm developing a good reputation by word of mouth!

Besides, it's hard not to run into a member of Avian! My shop is only a few hundred meters from the PA Hall, on the other side of the inlet. Everybody is welcome to come visit... heck, even loiter about... it helps my Merchant Experience! I am currently trained in Architect, Merchant, and Tailor. I have Building I and Furniture II. If there's something you're looking for that I don't currently have in stock - Send me Mail - and I'll get back to you. My prices are always better at my shop than what I sell at the Bazaar in Keren!

Shaylen's Shoppe
SW of Keren on Naboo
Coordinates: 725, 1500

Thanks again guys!
Shay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:03 pm 
Spammer

Shaylen rocks in my book. I "acquired" my store from her, as a matter of fact. Lovely little store she has, very nice indeed. I think she would make a stand up member of the PA.

Welcome !!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:12 pm 

Hiya Mantison!

Wow, thanks! I'm glad I could help you with your shop -- How's business? Hey, send me your waypoint, I'd love to come visit sometime and see what goodies you might have for sale.

And thank you too for your words of support... I appreciate them both as a businessman and an applicant! :)

Shay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:51 pm 

i've met Shaylen on several occasions and i think she'll make a great addition to our organization :)

Jarun Thaks
Section 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:02 pm 

Thanks, Jarun!

Visit Shaylen's Furniture Shoppe!
SW of Keren: Type "/waypoint 725 1500"
Mail me your special order requests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:02 am 

We can always use another good architech. Thanks for applying!!!!!!
See you on the Boards

-DroidTek / AADS Partner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

Shaylen,

Congratulations, your application has been accepted by the Board of Directors and you will be being placed in Section 6.

As a new member you may wish you visit the Important Links for Every Member thread. It will greatly help you get caught up with the rest of Avian. Again, Congratulations on your membership.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:07 pm 
Spammer

Congrats, Shaylen, the wait is finally over and you can enter the inner halls of the Avian forum.

Edward
S9 director

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:04 pm 

Congratulations Shaylen!!

O'Hara's Bar & Grill
"God invented liquor to prevent the Irish from ruling the world!" ~ Irish saying.
[img]