Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:17 pm 

1. What is the name of your character?

Sliko

2. What species will your character be?

Rodian

3. What profession will you most likely be pursuing?

Bounty Hunter

4. If applicable, what handle do you use on the Sony Online SWG forums?

sansai

5. What other sites do you visit to obtain information on Star Wars Galaxies, and how frequently do you visit these sites?

http://www.swg-fr.com, french SWG news, visited once or twice a day.

6. Explain why Avian is the right PA for you. How do we meet your needs?

I like the maturity and serious with which Avian handles the organisation of a whole guild, the relationships between Avian members and towards other players, to enhance as much as possible the fun of SWG. The little hunting party I jumped in with Avian members today only comforted me in thinking Avian is a very good choice.

7. Please describe how your character will earn a 'living' in SWG, what can you contribute to Avian, and in particular what skills or profession will you be focusing on?

I will be a bounty hunter, it is obvious enough where my money will come from. :)
I can contribute to Avian by putting my money in it, helping maintaining the order in the future city.

8. Avian desires to remain a neutral PA, and as such will avoid many forms of PvP combat. If you have chosen to take on a combat oriented character, describe how you will fit in to a mainly non-combat PA. What services will you provide to Avian members and how do you wish to be rewarded for your services?

Well, most of this question was answered before, I just want to be able to buy the best equipment at the best prices in return, as a reward.
I will of course respect Avian's neutrality and will avoid anything that would threaten Avian's relationship with either imps or rebels.

9. What are your long and short-term goals?

My short-terms goal are to become Novice BH as soon as possible, my long-term goals are to make my contribution to the PA, see its city become the greatest business place in the whole galaxy, and most of all play the game and have fun. :)

10. Please Take a moment to tell how you found Avian.

I know one of the members (Flyoc from Board Section 4) from quite a time ago on IRC, we happened to meet again on the official french IRC chat, and he told me about his PA on Chilastra. Besides, he plays with me and another friend of mine on Kauri.

11. Why have you chosen Avian over other PAs you have considered or previously belonged to and which PAs were they?

Flyoc told me a little about Avian's achievements so far, and it speaks for itself.
I did not consider any other PA on Chilastra, I've mostly compared Avian to the PAs I know on Kauri (where I play a Novice Pistoleer/Novice Creature Handler), by reading the Charter, visiting your PA Hall, your future city, and hunting with some of you.

12. What would you change and/or add to the Charter? Why?

Nothing for now, I need to see how it works, but it seems rather well thought, and should ensure a good experience. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:35 pm 

Welcome to our boards, and good luck with your application :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:15 pm 
Spammer

Welcome! Let me know if you need any BH droids!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:54 pm 

Hey Sliko!
I see that you found your way to our humble web site :)

Good luck on your application, and send me a /tell if you are up for some more hunting!

Wermas

Wermas Tanares
-Master Weaponsmith-
-Master Pistoleer-

TC Char
Nawa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:17 pm 

Hi Sliko, Good Luck on your app and watch out for the people of Nym :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:18 am 
Spammer

\o/ Hey Sliko, and good luck for your application \o/

Post subject: hi all
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:00 am 

and thank you for your support. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:34 am 

Hey Sliko, glad to see you found us! Send me a /tell in game anytime for anything. We'll go hunting sometime!

P.S. Are you really a Rodian? (Rodians are an endangered species on Chilastra considering how many I've seen)

Kipp O'Hara

O'Hara's Bar & Grill
"God invented liquor to prevent the Irish from ruling the world!" ~ Irish saying.
[img]

Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:12 am 

I am, I was seduced by their global Action stats (as I was already thinking about amking a BH), and by the fact of playing something different from human/zabrac/twi'lek, for a change. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:31 pm 

sansai,

Thank you for applying to Avian Technology and Trade. Your application is being reviewed by the Board of Directors. As soon as a decision has been made, you will be notified.

You are encouraged to participate in these forums, and interact with our members in game.

Golga Bolg for mayor!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:35 am 
Spammer

Welcome Sliko. Thanks for the application! Couple questions for you if you wouldn't mind taking a moment...

1. Currently Avian does not have a taxation plan in place, but we plan to have one very shortly. If Avian required 10k per month in taxes from its members, how would this affect you? (other than being short 10k every month of course) :P

2. At the moment Avian is fairly balanced in its activities between in-game and out-of-game communication. Activity on these forums is just as important to us as running around the galaxy, and it's highly encouraged that you become aware of, and possibly even active in our government so that you have a full understanding of the PA itself. Would activity on the forum boards hinder your enjoyment of the game and seem more like work than fun to you?

That's all for now. Thanks for you time and I hope to meet you in-game!

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:13 am 

I, also, would like to ask a question fo you if I may.

Do you, from your unique perspective as an applicant, think it is important for a PA, such as Avian, to actively recruit new members, or, in the opposite case, should a PA such as Avian be better served by waiting for those applicants who do so with no direction or prodding?

Just a survey question to get an idea what those outside (at least for the moment) might think of thi issue.

Thanks for you time, hope to see you in game again!

Kipp O'Hara

O'Hara's Bar & Grill
"God invented liquor to prevent the Irish from ruling the world!" ~ Irish saying.
[img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:42 am 

Talon1977 wrote:
Welcome Sliko. Thanks for the application! Couple questions for you if you wouldn't mind taking a moment...

1. Currently Avian does not have a taxation plan in place, but we plan to have one very shortly. If Avian required 10k per month in taxes from its members, how would this affect you? (other than being short 10k every month of course) :P

Well, I'll be short 10k every.. oh well, forget that. It would be one of the best ways for me to be usefull to the PA, since I won't craft nor trade. 10k a month is really not that much anyway.

Talon1977 wrote:
2. At the moment Avian is fairly balanced in its activities between in-game and out-of-game communication. Activity on these forums is just as important to us as running around the galaxy, and it's highly encouraged that you become aware of, and possibly even active in our government so that you have a full understanding of the PA itself. Would activity on the forum boards hinder your enjoyment of the game and seem more like work than fun to you?

It would need some efforts from me indeed as I already read and post on other forums (not SWG related but still time consuming enough :D).
But I can give a few time each week to those forums, just that I won't read them and post each day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:53 am 

ConnorOhara wrote:
Do you, from your unique perspective as an applicant, think it is important for a PA, such as Avian, to actively recruit new members, or, in the opposite case, should a PA such as Avian be better served by waiting for those applicants who do so with no direction or prodding?

Can't answer that question really, it fully depends on the current member's motivation, the way the PA is doing, and other parameters I assume.
In a PA that is doing well such as Avian I'd rather wait for applicants, try them and only retain the best and/or most needed of them (needed for their job for example), I'd only run after new members if there were a real lack of active members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:10 am 
Spammer

Sliko, are you still in game fairly regularly? If so, I'd like to hook up and get to know a bit.

(did that sound too weird?) :?

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:40 pm 

Hi all :)
Sorry for not beeing around those last 2 weeks, I just changed connection from isdn to adsl, the problem beeing that our french telecom operator did not choose to make isdn ands adsl compatible, thus I had to remove my isdn line and make me a new line (about 10 days after my first call), had to change phone number too.
Once isdn was removed, had to wait for FT (France Telecom) to install adsl, although it was available since like 15 days ago and I already had my own adsl router (speedtouch 510 v4 which is worth the money if you got it) and filters, and again nearly 5 days were lost.
Since then, I'm waiting for FT to officially inform my ISP that I DO have a working adsl line although it's working since last monday.
I'm not even on my actual ISP at the moment, I've been lended an account by a friend of mine (his parent's account :D), and thus, I'm still waiting on my ISP receiving that confirmation from FT (hoping them to receive it tomorrow or next day if everything goes like planned).

I should be able to play SWG again around saturday/sunday, hopefully. :)
See you ingame, soon I hope. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:42 pm 

sansai wrote:
Hi all :)
Sorry for not beeing around those last 2 weeks, I just changed connection from isdn to adsl, the problem beeing that our french telecom operator did not choose to make isdn ands adsl compatible, thus I had to wait for them to remove my isdn line and make me a new line (about 10 days after my first call), had to change phone number too. :x
Once isdn was removed, had to wait for FT (France Telecom) to install adsl, although it was available since like 15 days ago and I already had my own adsl router (speedtouch 510 v4 which is worth the money if you got it) and filters, and again nearly 5 days were lost.
Since then, I'm waiting for FT to officially inform my ISP that I DO have a working adsl line although it's working since last monday.
I'm not even on my actual ISP at the moment, I've been lended an account by a friend of mine (his parent's account :D), and thus, I'm still waiting on my ISP receiving that confirmation from FT (hoping them to receive it tomorrow or next day if everything goes like planned).

I should be able to play SWG again around saturday/sunday, hopefully. :)
See you ingame, soon I hope. :roll:

Post subject: arrgh
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:43 pm 

was supposed to be an edit, not a quote =[

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:19 am 

It's all good Sliko, glad to see you're still around. Hope to see you in game as soon as possible.

Kipp

O'Hara's Bar & Grill
[img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:15 pm 
Site Admin

Sansai: Just wanted to see if you had your Interent connection back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:40 am 

Yes sure, I've just spent the night hunting with Flyoc and several other Avian members for instance. :)
I'm not playing *that* much, 2 to 3 times a week max on Chilastra, but regarding my connection, it's ok now. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:40 am 
Site Admin

great! Glad to see you are hookign up with Avians.
You Application is up for review now so we should have an answer for you soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:01 pm 
n00b 4 3v3r

Sansai,

Congratulations, your application has been accepted by the Board of Directors and you will be being placed in Section 8.

As a new member you may wish you visit the Important Links for Every Member thread. It will greatly help you get caught up with the rest of Avian. Again, Congratulations on your membership.

Pathfinder Kingmaker Campaign:
Gednan Malithanar - Wizard (1)
Dukin Thunderstrike - Ranger (1)

Star Citizen: - https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/
AntanKarmola on their forums

Star Wars: The Old Republic: - Not really playing
Antare Karmola - Jedi Guardian (32)
Antan Karmola - Jedi Shadow (21)
Arianae Karmola - Gunslinger (20)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:47 pm 

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
Thank you much :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:57 pm 

Welcome!

Section 5
Now Playing: WoW
--------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:58 pm 

Good to see you stuck around :) Congrats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:18 pm 
Spammer

Hey hey, congratulations!

Now go catch up on your reading... we got work to do!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:58 pm 

Congratz Sliko!
Maybe you can get that Spraystick now :D

Wermas Tanares
-Master Weaponsmith-
-Master Pistoleer-

TC Char
Nawa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:55 pm 

bigyak : doing my best :)
Wermas : that would be with pleasure yes. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:42 am 

Gratz Sliko ! \o/ \o\ /o/ \o_ _o/

:D

Holyace - Undead Priest 60 - Bloodscalp (UK)
Anh - Troll Rogue 31 - Bloodscalp (UK)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:19 pm 
Spammer

Congrats Sliko! and Welcome.