Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brief encounter with Lok
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

I am an explorer. I have hunted in the roughest terrain this Galaxy has to offer. I have run across Yavin IV in my Boxer shorts and I have tamed the wilds of Dathomar.

As I lay on my back not 50 meters outside of Nym's Hideout I think to myself "What the Hell am I doing on Lok?"

if you take the splendor of the grassy fields of Corellia and bake them for decades under the dual tatooine suns you can start to imagine the desolate nature of Lok.

As I lay here it becomes aparent that death, not life, is the way around the world here. As my eyes begin to take focus against the burning sun I see a large party heading my way. Do they see me? Will they rez me from my bleeding state?

They see me alright, they see me and damn near trample me as they continue on their way. Death it seems, really is the way around here.

Minutes later I am sitting, resting waiting for this drain to stop itself from leaking my brain. I look up and see a stream of people, but this group is not running out into the unknown wilds, this group is running across the narrow bridge that leads to the only ship off this rock...blackness takes me one more time as the drain from my mind has not yet been quenched...

awake again but daring not to move for fear of certain death if the drain opens again. I can see the bridge, I can see the ship landing to take people from the horrible place. But I can do nothing but fall into blackness one more time.

it seems hours have passed, the day sun had turned to the darkest night but the heat seems to have only grown. I can stand now, wobbly as I may be I know I am ready to move.

An explorer has pride, pride of what he has killed, what he has seen and where he has been. There is no pride for me today as I hobble to the now lonely shuttle to return me to my home where I will stay until my wounds - and pride - are licked clean.

Lok is surely for another day.

Moge Tira'Tru