Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:09 am 
Site Admin

I think everyone here knows that the Core Resources store was leveled a few weeks ago, and unfortunately there were no witnesses.

Well last week Rylanne and I were surveying for the new steel. We had split up to track down the highest vein and to position survey markers. While we were separated, she was jumped by a gang of plasma thieves. They must have underestimated my Rylanne, because by the time I ran to her aid she had already incapacitated four of the thugs. Together we finished off the last two, and called the authorities to lock this gang up.

As we waited for the police shuttle to arrive, one of the younger thugs seemed to be very worried. Clearly this had been his first time he was meeting face to face with the law, and that thought was not sitting well with him. He must have heard me on the com negotiating a resource transaction and picked my shops name, because he became anxious to bargain for his freedom. I paid him no mind, and ignored him, until out of the blue he said…. “I know who was sent to take out you store”

His comment threw me back, as I had basically given up trying to find what happened to the first CR Store. Rylanne told me not to listen to him, but I could not resist. I pulled him aside and demanded he tell me everything. What the kid knew was very vague. By the smirk on his face I could tell he was playing me, so I bluffed and told him I did not care, about the shop, and that I rather have his ass locked up.

My bluff worked… tears rolled down his face as he told me all that he knew. The kid said that an off-world group of thieves, calling them selves “Turbines” had come down, and the kids group had been assigned to greet and accommodate them. Apparently the Turbines were trying to impress the kid, as they bragged about being on a mission for the Empire. Later that night the kid overheard them planning their mission, and from his ease dropping he discovered their target was the CR Store.

He really did not know much in the way of detail, but what he provided was the best lead I had come across. Before the shuttle landed to pick the thugs up, I let the kid go as long as he swore not to mess with CR or Avian. Rylanne is still on my ass about letting him go, but this was something I had to do.

A few things puzzled me:

1) Why would the Empire use a ragtag group of thugs to do their dirty work?

2) Why would the Empire have a problem with the CR store?

3) Who are these “Turbines”?

4) How can get these answers?

Last edited by Cyrus Rex on Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:11 am 
Site Admin

After talking to a few of my friends, I think the only way I can figure this all out is to infiltrate the main Imp headquarters here on Naboo. If I could get a Slicer inside we may be able dig up the details I am looking for.

However my friends tell me that I can not just walk in there. They say I have to get on the Imps good list and to do that I have to do a few favors for them before I can just walk into the place.

So I am off to do some missions for the Imps to build my credibility with them. Any assistance I can get from Avian would be welcomed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:53 pm 
Spammer

If I can be of your asistance Cyrus, please don't hesitate to ask...as I am currently in the Rebel Resistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:12 pm 

I am on my way to the main HQ aswell, there are somethings i need to check out, so look me up. I need a few missions done aswell.

"FYI... We call them "Fricken Laserbeams""
-bigyak

Proud Member Of The Writters Guild
-------------------------------------------------------
SWG Forum Name:dojo_mojo_super