Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Force Bonds
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:09 am 

(OOC: This is just a story post I'm starting for when I'm bored and feel like writing. I have to share SWG or else I'd be on there 24/7 :P)

-----------------------------

Prologue

The stars twinkled in the black night's sky. Riona and Tark lay next to each other; leaves, branches and ferns having formed a complex mesh in the Yavin moon's canopy to produce a soft cushion beneath them.

"Tark, what do you think that they'll do with me?" Riona asked, a small hint of fear in her voice.

"Don't worry, it'll all be fine. Master Tanik merely wants to probe your abilities through a series of simple exercises. Everyone here loves you. I love you," he replied, running his green spotted hand through the fur on the side of her face.

The young Bothan woman sighed and shifted her body closer to his as he wrapped his arm around her side. She felt comforted by his warmth, and even the sensation of his perfectly smooth skin against her fur was no longer strange.

"Will you be there?" she asked with some semblance of hope.

Tark sighed and Riona heard as well as felt the wobble of his face as he shook his head. "You know I cannot Riona. Master Tanik wants to test you, and you alone ... with no distraction."

"But why? The younger ones have classes together, why must I be apart from all others?" Her anguish and fear were most clear as spoke of her separation.

"It won't be for long ... Besides Master Tanik will be with you, and he is the most noble man I have ever known," Tark said, remembering back to when Tanik himself had been a younger man and rescued him from his own slave pen on Kessel.

Riona snuggled herself back into Tark's body and let out a deep sigh, releasing her pent up fear and focusing on the moment; thinking back to the last thing her mother had ever said to her, "Whatever will be, will be."

The stars continued to twinkle in the sky above, unbound by the past or future of the two souls that lay beneath them. There was however one that was different; a shooting star began to fall through the sky, growing brighter as it passed through the atmosphere until burning out halfway across the sky. This star was different to the others, it was bound to the earth it plumetted towards - and perhaps in this fact, bound to the two lovers that shared each other's company below.

Section 9
Avian Technology and Trade