Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:45 am 
Spammer

Quote:
The latest World of Warcraft patch introduced new high-level content, including three new boss monsters: Onyxia, Magmadar, and Golemagg the Destroyer. Only the most experienced and well organized guilds can even attempt to defeat these awesome creatures. Do you and your fellow adventurers have what it takes to overcome these three terrors? Then show us! The first guild to defeat these monsters during the Open Beta Test will be able to reserve their World of Warcraft guild name for retail!

To make sure everyone starts on even ground, we are running two contests: one for Open Beta testers with characters on the Test servers, and one for Closed Beta testers with characters on the Beta, Beta Server 2, or PvP Servers.

The winning guilds will also have their victories posted on www.worldofwarcraft.com, so others can view their accomplishments. So organize your raid, lay out your strategy, read through the guidelines below, and start slaying!

Contest Guidelines:

* The first guild in each contest to kill Onyxia, Magmadar, or Golemagg the Destroyer will be able to reserve one guild name for release.

* The guild's raid group leader must notify a Game Master before they attempt to beat Onyxia, Magmadar, or Golemagg the Destroyer.

* A Game Master must be present during the entire battle, and must confirm the kill.

* The raid group leader must tell the Game Master what guild name they would like to reserve before they attempt to kill one of the bosses.

* Guild names can only be reserved by one successful raid participant.

* In order to win, you must submit a screenshot showing the corpse of Onyxia, Magmadar, or Golemagg the Destroyer, the contestant's in-game character, and an open Raid UI showing the names of all participants.

* Players may only participate in one successful raid. The same raid group cannot win more than one name reservation.

* All screenshots must be submitted through the World of Warcraft Open Beta Raid Contest submission page. Each field in the submission page must be filled out for the entry to be valid.

* The winning participant's screenshots will be displayed on www.worldofwarcraft.com.

* Each successful raid leader may reserve one guild name.

* The contest will run until the end of Open Beta.

* Guild names will be reserved in order of quest completion.

* Guild names must adhere to the World of Warcraft in-game naming policy.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/contests/04-11-raid/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:46 am 

Cool contest, too bad the reward isn't bigger.

I don't think my level 14 Human Paladin is quite ready yet for any of those quests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:52 am 
Spammer

LOL - if you read the "Onyxia Raid" thread, there were 40 level 60 characters that were wiped out by Onyxia. If the only people with a shot at this are new, open beta people, they could have offered a dedicated server to that guild and been pretty safe.

**EDIT** Oops...My mistake: there were only 36 level 60 characters, a level 55, a level 57, a level 58 and one empty spot. IMHO, unless Bliz weakens Onyxia a bit (and I really hope they don't), it'll take a full raid group of level 60s with excellent tactics and execution to have a chance or putting her on the ground.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:08 pm 

Well said Rock. I hope they have high end quests/ raids that no one beats for months and months. I'm not talking impossible, but close would be great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:25 pm 
Spammer

Yep. If you want bragging rights, earn 'em! ;)