Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:47 pm 
Spammer

I don't have the time to put all my thoughts down right now, but I wanted to get the discussion started (or gather your thoughts on the profession).

I didn't get that far into enchanting from Beta/ST. But, the few things I could do didn't really seem to make much difference. +5 health on a bracer is nice, but somewhat lacking is the useful category.

I looked out at the Thottbot site for the skill listings and I wasn't overly impressed with the items you could craft. I can see some advantage in some of these, but I fully expect some greens and most blues, and up to rares to be signifcantly better than the Enhcanting items.

It all comes down to...will there be a market for these items. My intent was to use this profession to assist Avians in getting the resources/currency/items they needed to get a jump on the competition and move us up the ramp. Also, do you know if we will be able to add these enchantments to pre-exisitng magic items (Green/Blue/Purple/...). Thta could swing this a different way.

<sidebar, I thinkvthe early economy will be low cost as people will not have loads of money at the beginning. This is where we can either try to lead in that area or hold out items until the prices come up a bit>

We should open up some discussion (probably in private) to see how much cooperation will be there among members.

for now, what are your impressions of the items generated from enchanting -> Thottbott Link

Edit: If the profession is somewhat unusefull, I have every faith that Blizzard will quickly address the issues.

Note: I beleive at skill 145 you get to create an item that adds 2 to Herbalism. 20 points might be useful, but 2 is not even worth using except in rare situations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

Correct me if I am wrong, but Enchanters are a service professions, they do not make items, they wave their hands and place perminent buffs on existing items. I know they make some items, but they mostly buff other peoples items.

So are enchanters usefull?
  • If I have the duke bracers of the noob, would I want to keep the bracers as they are, or would I like a guy to buff them for me?
  • If I hace the l33t bracers of the uber, would I want to keep the bracers as they are, or would I like a guy to buff them for me?

I think I would choose the buff every time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:29 pm 
Spammer

That's right, Cy but only at higher levels can an enchanter umm... enchant an already magical item.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:34 pm 
Spammer

I know for a fact that the leather armor patches don't stack with enchants and leather patches can be placed on named magical drops with bonuses. This leads me to believe you can enchant already magical items. Enchanting is extremely sought after at the high end of the spectrum. It would also increase the value of everything else sold if you could add enchantments to others crafted items.

My name is Tobias Smith and I approved this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:02 pm 
Spammer

Thanks Tobias

I assumed it had to be that way because otherwise, the added buffs just wouldn't amount to a worthy item. I would have to assume then that there is a limit to the number of enhcants you could place on an item (1 I am guessing).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:17 pm 

Correct Arindel, only one enchantment can be placed on a single item. It is however possible to replace that enchantment with a new one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:16 pm 
Spammer

Kharlaq wrote:
Correct Arindel, only one enchantment can be placed on a single item. It is however possible to replace that enchantment with a new one.

As it is to replace an enchant with an armor kit or an armor kit with an enchant or a kit with another kit. :D We cover all the possibilities?

My name is Tobias Smith and I approved this post.