Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WoW Atlas
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:57 am 
Spammer

Warcry has this nice Atlas up. So far it only contains the regions around the Alliance starting points in great detail, but ii will grow over time.

Check it out!

http://wow.warcry.com/content/atlas/

Edward

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:32 pm 
Spammer

Nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:17 am 
Spammer

BTW, does anyone know

the way to the Enchanter Trainer in Stormwind?

Tycho does and he shows you in his lavishly illustrated tour.

Edward

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:07 am 
Spammer

Very cool bit, MasEd, thanks for passing that along. Incidentally, my favorite method of viewing screenshots is that very thing - as a means to enhance the telling of a story. Good stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:57 am 
Spammer

Rocklar wrote:
my favorite method of viewing screenshots is that very thing - as a means to enhance the telling of a story. Good stuff.

Then you might like these Journals as well:
Steve Fett's WoW Journals

Edward
had to slip in another Penny Arcade link to make it more credible that he read about the Hellboy comic on that site

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:09 pm 
Spammer

Master Edward wrote:
had to slip in another Penny Arcade link to make it more credible that he read about the Hellboy comic on that site

Grin, grin, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:55 pm 

nooo! I feel the pull of WoW, but is it just a case of the grass is greener on the other side?! who's to know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:58 am 
Spammer

Just to show you the greener grass in WoW:

A new WoW wallpaper

Why do I post this in in an Atlas thread? Because it's a map of Stormwind City.

Edward

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:13 am 
Spammer

And here is the city guide to go with that wallpaper:
spectre wrote:
I've been to Stormwind a great many times and still am as impressed with the city as the first step I took into it, even more so now I think. With the publication of the map of Stormwind I thought I'd publish something of a tour guide for those New to Azeroth and those of you biding your time until you can join us. For the map I'm referring to:

http://www.blizzard.com/wow/wallpaper/wallpaper11.shtml

• At the southernmost center part of the map, is the Valley of Heroes and the Main Gate of Stormwind. At the point where the bridge runs into the Main Wall of Stormwind, sits General Marcus on his Warhorse. In the wall itself to the East are the outcropping for the Gryphon Aerie, the launch and landing points for most travellers here.
  • Moving North into the city proper, the light blue area is Stormwind's Trade District, by far the busiest location in the world at the moment. To the west of the main throughfare in the Trade District around the first corner is the Stormwind Counting House and is unquestionably the trade Mecca on all of Azeroth.
  • Turning to the West of the Trade district are the canals of Stormwind which as you can see wind throughout the whole of the capital.
  • Further west lies the Mage Quarter, shown in purple. Built into the hillside in which Stormwind rests, this quarter rises up above the rest of Stormwind as winding cobbled walkways spiral to the highest point in the quarter. Here representatives of all magical professions ply their wares and train in the arcane mysteries. It is a center of learning second to no other on the continent. Also, hidden somewhere here is a coven of Warlocks, performing unspeakable acts...
  • In the Northwestern corner of the map, shown in green, lies the Park, a grove dedicated to Nature and Druidic advancement. I've been told Warlocks aren't welcome in these parts...
  • You may have noticed a small outcropping just Northeast of the Mage quarter in the canals. That is the entrance to the Stormwind Stockades a Royal dungeon where the prisoners have recently revolted and slaughtered all the guards. Someone will have to tide the carnage, and soon...
  • In the center North of the city lies the Cathedral, the largest non-defensive complex in Stormwind. The spires of this architechtural masterpiece are easily visible from well away from the city gates by Gryphonback. Here healers, men and women of the cloth, hold sway. But there are many rumors of what goes on in the catacombs beneath the Cathedral...
  • Due East of the Cathedral is the Dwarven Quarter. Smoke rises from the nearly dozen open braziers and forges that dot this area, enveloping the entire area is a thick smog. Home to the Dwarven Embassy in Stormwind and numerous trainers of the hard crafts and more than one tavern, this area is usually only frequently by men and women of a sterner sort.
  • South of the Dwarven Quarter and East of the Trade District is Old Town. Known for a rather high degree of poverty, high numbers of theives and muggers, and ready access to dangerous weapons due to numerous weapon shops, this isn't a great place to hang out a night. Unless you're a big, strong Stormwind guard which are noticably absent from this area.
  • Finally to the far East is Stormwind Castle, the last tenous bastion of Human rule. A well-designed, extremely well defended stronghold, Stormwind castle is buttressed by a large contingent of the military. The castle houses a Warroom, Gallery, a Library and a number of staterooms, it is the jewel and might of Humanity.
Any other Beta testers that have more to add are invited to append!

Hopefully that'll give you an idea of what awaits you in the World of Warcraft!

Source

Edward