Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:10 am 
Spammer

Instead of writing a narrative as Arindel suggested I decided to post some screenshots instead. Perhaps I'll form a story with the screenshots at a later time.

...Yes the NDA has been lifted for a LONG time now, so I'm going to post some screenshots...a whole 30 of them...It took a long time to post them all, being as I'm not using my own hosting service, so I didn't have time to write any descrptions for them...hopefully they are self explanatory, but please feel free to ask me questions and I'll tell you what each screenshot is about tomorrow or whenever.

p.s. If for some reason these screenshots are not loading it means that the hosting site is either offline for maintenance or down, so check back here the next day. :P

I currently own a level 12 Shaman in the orc lands, and a level 14 Warrior in the human lands, so the screenshots you will see will be both in human and horde shots of their homelands....sorry, but I have no night elf or undead screenshots....I haven't been to those places yet..hehe

There I'm all done...50 screenshots....or 40, 45..I can't remember I'm too tired whatever lol....you've been spoiled..:P

Allright bed itme I gues..night

p.s. All WoW maps are available here (except for the Tauren city, ThunderBluff) if anyone is interested: http://worldofwar.net/cartography/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:29 am 

/drool

Thanks for the screenies!

EQII: Alazin, High Elf Wizard

Former Section 4 Director

"Please, if anyone were to play Obi-Wan it would be me, with the 'Luke, Luke save me' and the lightsabers going 'Vvvwiinnngg, vvwinggg, vvvWING!' -- Professor Frink

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:34 am 
Spammer

Oh you're welcome. 8)

-Copper/Silver/etc Veins appear on your mini map as little yellow dots when the "Find Minerals" skill is activiated, which lasts 3 minutes. So if you find a yellow dot, you goto it, see the mound, equip a mining pick, and start mining it. After you finish mining, a window pops up, you take out the resources and place it in your backpack, and continue to mine again until the vein is dry.

-Auction Houses were just added to the game, which reminds me alot of the bazaar in SWG.

Quote:
Auctioneer NPCs are located in each major city (Stormwind, Ironforge, Darnassus, Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff, and The Undercity). The Auctioneers are faction specific, allowing Alliance characters to trade with other Alliance characters and Horde characters to trade with other Horde characters. Each city's Auction House is run independently; all Auctioneers that exist in the same city are a part of the same Auction House.

One non-faction based Auction House is located in Booty Bay. The Booty Bay Auctioneer NPCs have the same functionality as the aforementioned faction based Auction Houses, with the additional capability of allowing trade between Horde and Alliance characters.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/bas ... uses.shtml

Check frequently back here: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/ to read up on new stuff coming into the game. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:43 pm 
Spammer

Cow killer!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:31 pm 
Spammer

Must not be a Hindu....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:02 am 
Spammer

I do love the Hindu though. :) I have some Hindu in my family, my cousin married an Indian woman from India :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:04 am 
Spammer

Very cool! I lived in New Delhi as a kid (6-8th grade)...was a fascinating experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:30 pm 
Spammer

That's cool. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:09 pm 
Spammer

More screenshots to come soon..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:21 pm 
Spammer

Wow, the bear skin rug has a really horrible, low res texture. Really, really bad. The rest looks pretty great, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:09 pm 
Spammer

Keep in mind that WoW uses a entirely different graphic system than SWG. It's artistry, and hand drawn; it's not some cgi/rendered stuff like galaxies is. It has a bit of a cartoony feel to it; I love the graphics. And also it's beta, so I'm sure everything will get really polished up before release. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:48 am 
Spammer

wow.. those are some great shots man.

Looks better than what I was expecting I think.

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:54 am 

Locke_Trinmin wrote:
Keep in mind that WoW uses a entirely different graphic system than SWG. It's artistry, and hand drawn; it's not some cgi/rendered stuff like galaxies is. It has a bit of a cartoony feel to it; I love the graphics. And also it's beta, so I'm sure everything will get really polished up before release. :)

Everything in computer games is CGI/rendered stuff. Its just a different style of texturing modelling and overall graphical feel that goes into WOW than SWG. Of course the graphics engine itself effects that too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:33 am 
Site Admin

I think what he was meaning is that in SWG they used a tool to create the planets. It did amazing work to bring unique character to many different areas. However in many cases the areas in SWG are impersonal. The SWG way is not a bad way.... it is just computer created. Only the cities and POIs are hand crafted.

The landscapes of WoW were designed almost entirely from concept paper to pixel. Almost every area looks the way it does because it was originally hand drawn. Basically in WoW you as a character see everything, every angle as a predesigned visual. It has a Morrowind feel to is, as everything at one time or another was drawn by hand and placed by hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:22 pm 

Great screenshots. Looks like fun!

Section 5
Now Playing: WoW
--------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:16 pm 
Spammer

I should probably post some more screenshots soon of my level 26 Undead Mage on the pvp server; I'll have to do that when I have the time.