Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PAs: WoW vs SWG
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:24 pm 
Site Admin

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... &jump=true

I been splitting my time between SWG and WoW beta lately comparing and contrasting the two games and one area that WoW is much better off than SWG is it's guild management features.

I think some of these would make EXCELLENT enhancements for SWG's player association model.

In WoW when you go to your friend's list, if you are in a guild there is a tab called guild. Here every member of your guild is listed, it shows if they are online or not, and even shows last time they were online.

This would save many of us a lot of trouble. I add EVERY member of my guild to my friend's list and people come and go over the months and my list becomes outdated. With this guild tab it is updated in real time as members come and go. The fact that it shows the last time they were on could be helpful to a guild leader that wants to clean up the roster too. For example, if I saw someone has not logged in in over a year, it is safe to say that I could remove them from the guild.

Another thing it shows you in WoW is what region a player is currently in if they are online. I think it would be cool to have that in SWG as well. Maybe not too specific, but just show us what planet. That would be nice touch.

Recruiting is also different. Instead of dragging the person over to the guild hall, I can invite them from ANYWHERE in the game even if they are nowhere near me.

I think if the developers ever have free time to enhance player associations these changes would add a lot of value to the game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:30 pm 
Spammer

Yeah, I agree.

I like the, "Design your own guild tabard" thing too. There's alot you can do with that, and I'm sure more new designs will be added.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:42 pm 
Spammer

If I am not mistaken a bird was one of the already available symbols on the Tabard creation screen.

Very nice for Avian, huh?

My name is Tobias Smith and I approved this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:34 pm 
Spammer

tobiasds wrote:
If I am not mistaken a bird was one of the already available symbols on the Tabard creation screen.

Very nice for Avian, huh?

Yeah. :)