Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Money Making Strategies
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:33 pm 

What's the best way to get rich in WoW??? I have no idea.

Which professions are the most profitable? How do you become profitable in those professions?

What's the best way to sell items?

I have not delved too much into professions yet, and am curious what the rest of you have learned about making money in WoW...

Section 5
Now Playing: WoW
--------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:37 pm 
Sock Puppet

Honestly, the best way to make money that I've found, at least at the lower level mark, is resources. That should please this crowd quite a bit. However, that's a bold statement considering this is beta. We will have to wait until Open Beta to really tell what will make money, as the economy hasn't been reset since the money-sinks and balancing features have been implimented of late.

Official Avian Mascot - Sock Puppet
Board of Directors - Ex-Chairman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:01 am 
Spammer

I've found out that mining is very profitable. If you can find a handful of rare gems, those will sell for alot. I've also found that you can make alot of cash by just putting items on the auction house, like really good weapons, or pieces of armor.

In my opinon, the Auction Houses have to be the best way to sell items currently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:52 am 

I've been thinking a lot about this, but I have one question that I haven't found answer for yet.

Do resources have individual qualities as in SWG? I think it's no but I haven't heard for sure. If not, then wouldn't all Crafters in WoW be equal?

In SWG, crafters were able to differenciate themselves in quality of their products, weather through experimentation or component quality. If you can't in WoW, then the money would be in the gatherers (Miners, Skinners, Herbalists and Fishermen), correct?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:33 pm 

No idivudual qualities on any resources

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:37 pm 
Spammer

From what I've read a crafted item made with a recipe is exactly the same no matter who makes it. The ingredients are exact and therefore no deviation for quality.

This ain't a crafting game! But the act of crafting an item is possible.

WoW - Dalaran: Bolg Golga Virrok All Retired
SWG - Golga Bolg - Doctor (Resident) Retired
Eve - Edge Finn - Limbo
Section 2 - (Former) Director
What am I playing now?: The waiting game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:41 pm 
Spammer

Golga Bolg wrote:
From what I've read a crafted item made with a recipe is exactly the same no matter who makes it. The ingredients are exact and therefore no deviation for quality.

This ain't a crafting game! But the act of crafting an item is possible.

I actually like that better than the way it was set up in SWG. I could never make money at being an armorsmith because of the fact that I'm not what you'd consider a "power gamer" and so my skills were far behind that of say.. oh .. i don't know... AERIC THE ARMORHOG! :P

So I'm looking forward to the way this is set up, and I'll be attempting the blacksmithing profession to make armor again. :)

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:03 pm 

I am thinking of going either with mining or herbalism and also with enchanting (or at least try it out)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:17 pm 
Spammer

Talon1977 wrote:
I could never make money at being an armorsmith because of the fact that I'm not what you'd consider a "power gamer" and so my skills were far behind that of say.. oh .. i don't know... AERIC THE ARMORHOG! :P

All you really needed was Aubai, a couple of contacts, and loads of credits to buy the hides when they came available.

Also, you needed to keep a daily tab on resources popping up. The lead time was great for having a good ongoing supply...and don't forget location, location, location :)

Now that you mention it blacksmithing might be a good profession to try, thanks for the heads up :)
Actually, I need to check enchanting a bit more, if not that then perhaps somethingthat keeps me out exploring (i.e mining?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:33 pm 

I've found that skinning is somewhat profitable early on. When you're out doing all the noob missions you can make quite a bit of extra change by collecting and selling off hides. If you pick up leatherworking or tailoring you can make those hides into armor or clothes and sell for more (even to the vendors).

My guess is that that's the way to go early on, but later when you've got some skill and resources it's time to move up to blacksmithing or weaponsmithing or whatever...

Section 5
Now Playing: WoW
--------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:59 pm 

Well knowing Blizzard they will "tweak" on a regular basis, so I'm sure that most if not all the professions will be capable of making good money from time to time.

Still it appears that loot drops will be superior to crafted items. So one would expect the richest players to be the ones most capable of farming the best drop zones.

Anyway, can't wait to try it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:41 pm 
Spammer

Mining is interesting to me since the miner can also smelt the collected ores into bars of that particular metal or combine metals into stronger or more desireable alloys. Liro, your number one source of MITHRIL! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:59 pm 
Spammer

Rocklar wrote:
Mining is interesting to me since the miner can also smelt the collected ores into bars of that particular metal or combine metals into stronger or more desireable alloys. Liro, your number one source of MITHRIL! :P

Yeah, that's really cool...the combining thing.....because certain metals are rare spawns, so the people who manage to accumulate alot of those rare metals, will definitely be rich. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:07 pm 
Sock Puppet

They better not change the mine spawns before launch. I've memorized every single one in about 7 zones. :P

Official Avian Mascot - Sock Puppet
Board of Directors - Ex-Chairman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:59 pm 
Spammer

Orbital wrote:
They better not change the mine spawns before launch. I've memorized every single one in about 7 zones. :P

:lol:

Someone nuttier than me!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:01 pm 
Spammer

Rocklar wrote:
Someone nuttier than me!!

You're a BS-er Extraordinaire...not some random wingnut

maybe a senile BS-er...gotta read your own sig :P