Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:30 pm 
Spammer

This is in preparation for the BoD approval of the Avian provision for additional game support.

Proposed BoD Provision for Sub-Guild Creation wrote:
Currently, the idea on the table is, a committee of 3 must bring a petition to the Board of Directors requesting the creation of the sub guild. That petition must have 6 other names on it, for member participation in this sub guild.

Once granted existence, that committee of 3 will discuss and solidify, however they see fit, the structure of the sub guild's government.

That Committee of 3 will only maintain leadership until a permanent form of leadership is decided upon and instituted.

This method of sub guild creation will be written into the new Parent PA Charter.

PLEASE NOTE: Until the BoD ratifies the above, this thread is purely organizational and bears no governmental weight or authority whatsoever.

I'm volunteering for one position on the committee of three. Let's hear from a couple more volunteers and then we need another 5 names to add to Talon's. Let's try to have these names ready so as soon as the BoD cuts the ribbon on this, we can be well prepared and ready to go.

Committee of Three (in no particular order)
  • Liro
  • Tobiasds
  • Arindel
Petition Signatures
  1. Talon
  2. Kharlaq
  3. Locke
  4. Daishus
  5. Cetera
  6. Moleo

Last edited by Rocklar on Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:25 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:52 pm 

You can put me just below Talon.

(Not that I belong below him, but I'm not one to start an argument :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:56 pm 
Spammer

Hehe, gotcha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:36 pm 
Spammer

Add me to the list, Not sure if I am on the committee or not...I can go if no others step up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:08 pm 
Spammer

I would like to be on the comittee of three. If not there then put me on the petition.

My name is Tobias Smith and I approved this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:32 pm 
Spammer

You can add me to the list too. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:34 pm 
Spammer

Locke_Trinmin wrote:

For committee or member?

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:23 pm 
Spammer

I changed my mind, Put me down for the committee of three

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:03 pm 

go ahead and add me to the petition, looks like you already have the commitee spots by looking at the previous posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:35 pm 
Spammer

Talon1977 wrote:
Locke_Trinmin wrote:

For committee or member?

While awaiting clarification, this became a moot point. Locke, welcome to the petition signature group of six.

Just two petition signatures to go and we'll be ready for BoD approval of the sub-guild petition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:07 pm 
Spammer

Sign me up as a petitioner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:24 pm 
Spammer

What if someone who has company this weekend, for instance, wants to get on the committe of three? When they show up here later tonight or tomorrow are they going to be shut out? Whether or not we send only three to the BoD, I am looking forward to as much input as possible concerning the government as long as it does not slow down the creation of said government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:03 am 
Spammer

The way I read the provision for the creation of a sub-guild, is that yes, there are just three that bring the request to the BoD, but there is a total of 9 people have to sign off on the idea (three to begin with and then 6 signers of the petition). The hypothetical 'host' ;) will be given just as much voice as any other. Besides, while we need the nine to get this off the ground with the BoD, I doubt there's one among us who would ignore valuable input from any interested and motivated potential WoW-gamer.

In short, I'm confident we'll all make an effort to consider every input, every opinion in the formation of the WoW sub-guild government. Remember, the three of us do not yet hold a position in the government, we've just stepped forward to help it take shape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:36 pm 

/sign petition

Section 5
Now Playing: WoW
--------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:14 pm 

I too will sign the petition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:21 am 
Spammer

Talon1977 wrote:
Locke_Trinmin wrote:

For committee or member?

I met petition, sorry, hehe. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:32 am 
Spammer

This is awesome, guys - excellent enthusiasm and momentum here! We have the three petition submitters and the six petition signers and we still have more people who were willing to help out as well! Keep that enthusiasm up, know that everyone will contribute to the Avian WoW guild in one way or another.

Also, please keep in mind, this thread may come to nothing. I have to remind everyone, until the BoD ratifies the above, this thread is purely organizational and bears no governmental weight or authority whatsoever.. In any case, we are ready if the BoD does ratify this as-is. If they change something, I'm confident we can adapt ASAP and be official in short order.

I'm traveling later today (Nashville, TN - any Avians there??) and I won't have much time until this evening, but how about someone takes a stab at a WoW Charter? There's a thread out there with ideas about WoW government to give you some ideas for the charter but it would be great to have a charter ready for our own approval as soon as the BoD makes us legit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:20 pm 

Although you don't need another signature, I'm in full support.

EQII: Alazin, High Elf Wizard

Former Section 4 Director

"Please, if anyone were to play Obi-Wan it would be me, with the 'Luke, Luke save me' and the lightsabers going 'Vvvwiinnngg, vvwinggg, vvvWING!' -- Professor Frink

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:37 pm 
Spammer

Anyone know where the Bod is with this and are we ready to move if they make up their minds?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:31 pm 
Spammer

Now that's a very good question indeed. I'll be happy to answer it.

Anyone who does not know exactly where the BoD is with the proposal on forming Sub-guilds in Avian should message their Section Director promptly and demand action in order to get this done before launch.

...and that's where we are. Any more questions?

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom. But the tumult soon subsides." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:04 pm 
Spammer

Noted.

So where do we stand Talon? Make this thing happen already :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:53 am 
Spammer

Talon1977 wrote:
Now that's a very good question indeed. I'll be happy to answer it.

Anyone who does not know exactly where the BoD is with the proposal on forming Sub-guilds in Avian should message their Section Director promptly and demand action in order to get this done before launch.

...and that's where we are. Any more questions?

Uh... already did that last week. Our thread was fairly active.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:21 pm 
Spammer

In my opinion we need to proceed as if the BoD has already approved this process. If we don't we will reach a point in the release of the game where we can for a guild in game but won't be authorized or even have our stuff together enough to do it. Rocklar and Arindel when will you be available for a TS meeting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:05 pm 
Spammer

What is you feel we need to meet for and not just work out here?

I know I need to write up an actual proposal for the three of us to sign as well as the six petitioners. That proposal will include the charter you've written.

**EDIT** Sorry, just realized I answered your question with a question. I may be able to meet on Sunday afternoon but that's subject to family activities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:47 pm 
Spammer

I hardly think that charter is ready to go, that's one thing we could work out.

Suggestions should continue to be posted here, so we have the input of EVERYONE, not just the additional six who are supporters of the petition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:37 am 
Spammer

http://www.swg-avian.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=66345#66345

Well, it's official.

I'm going to hop back into the charter thread and post any changes or suggestions I may have but from what I last saw, I'd say we're pretty close.

I'll suggest we do these things in the following order:
  1. Submit the sub-guild creation to the BoD in accordance with the legislation they passed (that includes our final charter draft).
  2. Elect a War Eagle (everyone still liking that name?)
  3. Choose a guild name

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:53 am 
Spammer

WoW Petition submitted to BoD for approval. As soon as a consensus is met, we'll be official.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:45 am 
Spammer

That's cool, Talon and thanks! I was thinking we had to write up a bit more format petition but this is cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:49 am 
Spammer

Rocklar wrote:
That's cool, Talon and thanks! I was thinking we had to write up a bit more format petition but this is cool.

Nah.. this'll work. Trying to get the EQ guys to get theirs in a little more readable format, so we can get that one going to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:23 am 
Spammer

IT'S OFFICIAL! WoW Avian is now an official entity. Now get to work! We'll need a government structure and a charter ASAP. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:54 am 
Spammer

I hereby bestow upon myself, the throne of Avian WoW Emperor.

All who oppose me, shall double click on sheep until they blow up.

Resistance is futile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:03 pm 
Spammer

I have all day and would like to meet with anyone interested this afternoon around 4 or 5 EST if thats good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:02 pm 
Spammer

Emperor Locke Trinmin....I like the sound of that.....I would love to meet ya in game Tob, but I can't due to my campus firewall slowing down the game, and MY TWO TERM PAPERS I'M WRITING RIGHT NOW!!! ARGHHHHHHHHH!......

Who will be the leader of the WoW guild? :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :D

7 more days!!! WOOHOOHOHOHOHOO!!!

/pass out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:08 pm 

I'm sure I'll be around and available if there is a meeting tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:35 pm 
Spammer

/slap Locke.

And now I hear we have to put up with him on the Board too. :roll: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:40 pm 
Spammer

Talon1977 wrote:
/slap Locke.

Avian is not all fun and games, Talon.

Oh wait, it is... :oops:

Nevermind.

Edward

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:44 pm 
Spammer

Master Edward wrote:
Talon1977 wrote:
/slap Locke.

Avian is not all fun and games, Talon.

Oh wait, it is... :oops:

Nevermind.

Edward

...*sigh*... Yes Edward, as much as I've tried to make it otherwise, it appears that in the end, it still is all fun and games. :P :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:56 pm 

Keep trying Talon. Don't give up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:41 pm 
Spammer

Okay I am around still and can be reached in game by emailing me at tobiasds1@hotmail.com or directly in game by tell to Rho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:01 pm 
Spammer

hahah