Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:24 pm 
Spammer

State how you expected the class to play prior to creating a character
I didn't go in with any real impressions of the Paladin. Itwas my understanding that the class was not finished at that it would provide a Tank and healing/support role.

State the character you created (if you did), the level you achieved and any secondary professions you chose
Roran was a Dwarf, 14th Level and I took Mining/Balcksmithing.

Give a rundown of your experience with playing the character.
Overall, I think the Paladin enjoyed alot of success as a group and a solo character. While soloing, I could take on multiple opponents (same level) or a single opponent a bit higher level as I had tremedous Defense and the ability to heal myself. Mana was never an issue even when hard pressed.

I did not find an ability to resurrect, so that may be the province of the Priest only (or Druid/Shaman might have the ability as well).

In what situations does your character excel
I was taking on a level 11 unique at level 11 once I got my nice 2H Mace. Maximum damage output seemed to be a necessity as a lower damage weapon did not provide the smack needed. i.e. you are not a defensive wonder, time is not on the Paladin's side.

What situations present challenges for your character
I didn't have any serious problems, but I imagine that rnaged opponents could easily outdo a Paladin. With no charge ability to close, they could sustain heavy damage prior to entering combat.

I don't believe the Paladin has a ranged weapon choice (???)

What do you expect beyond your current character level
I thought there were some good skill choices and that a group with several Paladins might be quite formidible. They can deal damage, but I beleive they have a limited selection of melee weapons.

Talents culd add some interesting wrikles to the Paladin buils and I think some highly specialize Paladins could make a huge difference in the group setup. This might limit their ability solo, but the benefits of some maximum defensive skills could be impressive.

Anything else you feel like describing
My playstyle tends to gravitate towards AOE damage and being able to deal damage to multiple enemies or use ranged/melee options. But, I did enjoy the safety I had with this character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:02 am 
Spammer

You should be able to obtain a ressurection spell at level 12.

Maybe you missed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:13 am 
Site Admin

Yeah GodOfGolphers was a Paladin and he used resurrect on me a few times.

I do not think I have said it yet; I had a good time playing with him one night. He helped my wife and I get our feet wet in Westfall. We were really making progress until our gear started to decay, forcing us to head back to Goldshire for repairs. After that we disbanded, but I look forward to playing with him again.