Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:56 pm 
Spammer

List the professions you plan to learn in retail. List professions for multiple characters only if you plan on leveling those characters fairly high.

Myself:

Herbalism, Alchemy, Cooking, Fishing, First Aid.
Tailoring, Enchanting, Cooking, Fishing, First Aid.

My name is Tobias Smith and I approved this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:50 pm 
Spammer

I was planning Tailoring/Enchanting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:55 pm 
Spammer

If there is someone else that has their heart set on enchanting besides Arindel, I may choose a gathering profession with my secondary, likely herbalism. More than 2 enchanters would be overkill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:18 am 
Site Admin

I started enchanting at the end of beta and really liked it. I wanted to go down that path again. Only trouble I see is people not wanting to let go of those green items. I am not sure I would level fast enough to be of aid to the PA. I would like to... But let’s face it; some of you guys level like mad men :)

If too many want to do enchanting, I could choose something else. I have not considered the other options very much.

My wife will be a small-timer (non-threat) Herb/Alch. I foresee myself needing your services more than hers because she is not about leveling up as fast as possible. However if I play with her there is no reason for both her and I fighting over the herbs. So if I am not Enchanter, I will have to go toward something dealing with the metals.

Feel free to bring professions up with me on TS. I would be happy to talk about alternatives that would aid the guild.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:57 am 
Spammer

Indications point out that Tobias would have more in-game time than me.

I just want to play ball coach. Enchanting would be great fun, but I say we roll for it :D. But, if I don't become an enchanter, most of the greens I find will go towards that purpose. I even think we can probably do some green runs with elite creatures and the like.

Then again power people might have more opportunity to find the green/blue items. The real bottleneck will be getting the items and probably silver for raising skills.

We might consider an economic plan to jump start Avians with items and currency.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:59 am 
Spammer

Herbalism, and Alchemy

or maybe

Skinning and Leatherworking

or

Mining and Something Else.....I honestly don't know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:35 am 
Spammer

I have to say I enjoyed Mining and Blacksmithing. I will be doing that pair with my main character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:02 am 
Spammer

Hopefully we will all get a lot of long term enjoyment out of this game. Therefore, we should all get the professions that will give us enjoyment in the game long term. Yes having too many enchanters will hurt us because they will compete for raw materials to disenchant. Enchanting more than any other profession is a late game, more experience intensive profession. While I say my alt will do enchanting, realistically he will do a gathering prof until later when he drops it and picks up enchanting because green items aren't available at lower levels while things like hides are just laying on the ground. I will support those who choose enchanting and step aside, but I want assurances there will be gear available for my characters. We all want to help each other, we just need to find the most efficient way to do it.

Our coordination wasn't that great in the beta because we all knew it was short term. My thief had leathercrafting and was wearing all homemade armor at level 14. My mage on the other hand had to rely on drops for armor because I wasn't coordinating well with those that could make him armor.

Cyyrus, nobody was significantly outleveling you. You started well after me and got to 14. Yes I will probably get to play more than anyone else, but I will play multiple characters both for my enjoyment of the game and for intentionally staying around the levels I can play with all of you at. Need a mage I will log my mage. Need a priest, let me go get him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:16 am 

Skinning and Leatherworking i may take, or maybe just skinning and Mining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:38 pm 

Skinning and Tailoring to start, eventually it will be Enchanting and Tailoring

Secondary will be
Herbalism and Mining for resource gathering

As for greens available for use with enchanting, once I (or others) get around 100 tailoring we can provide as many greens as you want as long as we have the resources to make the items (and usually it is just thred leather and linen (or wool).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:39 am 
Spammer

Skinning and Tailoring I think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:40 pm 
Spammer

I pobably wont have the game until after the new year so I keep tabs and then see what areas we are lacking and if that something that interests me I'll pick up some of the slack in that area.

I was sort of leaning towards hebalism/skinning or maybe herbalism/mining as long as we have plenty of alchemists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:42 pm 
Spammer

moonraker66 wrote:
I pobably wont have the game until after the new year so I keep tabs and then see what areas we are lacking and if that something that interests me I'll pick up some of the slack in that area.

I was sort of leaning towards hebalism/skinning or maybe herbalism/mining as long as we have plenty of alchemists.

In a way, that's good. By the time you buy the game, most of the kinks and problems with the game will be sorted out/fixed. However, I don't see the game having too many problems. There may even be some new added in content after Christmas.

Last edited by Locke_Trinmin on Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:42 pm 
Spammer

Daishus wrote:
Skinning and Tailoring to start, eventually it will be Enchanting and Tailoring

Secondary will be
Herbalism and Mining for resource gathering

As for greens available for use with enchanting, once I (or others) get around 100 tailoring we can provide as many greens as you want as long as we have the resources to make the items (and usually it is just thred leather and linen (or wool).

This is why virtually everyone that enchants also takes tailoring as well. They can produce their own greens to level with. The real problem doesn't lie with getting greens it's lies with getting the stuff to produce the highest level items.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:48 pm 
Spammer

I would urge at least one of you who wears leather to choose leatherworking. My rogue could produce, at lvl 14 with 100 leathercrafting, better items himself than he was getting from drops. Leather can also be farmed in places like the wendigo cave. I got over 100 light leather in there in 2 hours. I would also urge you if you're going to take skinning, to take leathercrafting for at least a short while because then you can turn the scraps you skin into light leather saving inv space or postage mailing your leather to the leather crafters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:08 pm 
Spammer

Blacksmithing can create green items as well. I think it starts around Blacksmithing 45 (need Malachite Gems).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:53 pm 
Spammer

Arindel wrote:
Blacksmithing can create green items as well. I think it starts around Blacksmithing 45 (need Malachite Gems).

If we have enough blacksmiths this will be a source for the enchanters. The difference between blacksmithing and tailoring of course is smithing virtually requires mining, while tailoring requires just drops and offering to make bags for people for excess cloth drops making it a great combo for the only other stand alone profession.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:20 pm 
Spammer

Locke_Trinmin wrote:
moonraker66 wrote:

In a way, that's good. By the time you buy the game, most of the kinks and problems with the game will be sorted out/fixed. However, I don't see the game having too many problems. There may even be some new added in content after Christmas.

That is if I can wait that long to buy the game.

I absolutely loved this game and I didn't play SWG at all during the open beta.

Also it looks like Engineers can make some pretty neat stuff. I read that most of the stuff cant be traded but could it be mailed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:28 pm 
Spammer

moonraker66 wrote:
Locke_Trinmin wrote:
moonraker66 wrote:

Also it looks like Engineers can make some pretty neat stuff. I read that most of the stuff cant be traded but could it be mailed?

If the item is soulbound, it mean's it can't be traded. Soulbound items may be able to be mailed though.

I think there are a couple forms of engineering: general, gnomish, and maybe a few others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:52 pm 

I am planning on Herbalism/Alchemy. I enjoyed gathering herbs, it had me explore areas that I probably would have overlooked. I also enjoyed making potions for other people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:35 pm 
Spammer

Locke_Trinmin wrote:
moonraker66 wrote:
Locke_Trinmin wrote:
moonraker66 wrote:

If the item is soulbound, it mean's it can't be traded. Soulbound items may be able to be mailed though.

I think there are a couple forms of engineering: general, gnomish, and maybe a few others.

I am not familiar with engineering but the question depends on whether the items are bind on equip or bind on acquire. Many items only bind to a player after they are placed on the paper doll. All the items I have crafted in WoW were not soulbound. I believe once an item has been bound to you it may not be mailed, only sold to a vendor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:25 pm 
Spammer

I'll keep tabs on what is going on here and what void may be needed to be filled and how SWG fares early into the new year. You might have a new blacksmith/miner on your hands at that time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:59 pm 
Spammer

Is it tailors who make bags? How good do you have to be to make bigger bags than six slots? Do we have someone already that will work on making a whole bunch of bags for people? It looks like Rocky is the only one doing mining/blacksmithing, so I will have my dwarf do that. My elf druid is undecided though, so I could do skinning, leatherworking, tailoring, herb gathering, or whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:44 pm 
Spammer

Angelus wrote:
I'll keep tabs on what is going on here and what void may be needed to be filled and how SWG fares early into the new year. You might have a new blacksmith/miner on your hands at that time.

We'd love to have you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:48 pm 
Spammer

Cetera wrote:
Is it tailors who make bags? How good do you have to be to make bigger bags than six slots? Do we have someone already that will work on making a whole bunch of bags for people? It looks like Rocky is the only one doing mining/blacksmithing, so I will have my dwarf do that. My elf druid is undecided though, so I could do skinning, leatherworking, tailoring, herb gathering, or whatever.

Tailor's make bags a lvl 45 with 6 six cloth and 3 coarse thread.

They make woolen (8 slot) bags at 80 with 9 wool cloth and 1 fine thread.

The cloth is turned into bolts of course but I left that out and included just the raw ingredients.

I would of course encourage herb gathering since I will have an alchemist. I will produce potions for anyone that gets me ingredients and will make as many as I can to give away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:56 pm 
Spammer

Although everyone can cook, how many really plan on pursuing that particular profession? I recall when Tobiasds and I were very surprised at the benefits found in some foods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:01 pm 
Spammer

I am cooking and I am also planning a thread (we could have one for each profession) with all the ingredients of the really good foods with the big buffs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:01 pm 
Spammer

Do we have a dedicated leatherworker? If not, I'll have my elf druid pick it up, and he can only wear leather armor anyway.

Can you eventually train yourself to wear other armor, similar to training yourself to use other weapons?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:46 pm 
Spammer

Cetera wrote:
Can you eventually train yourself to wear other armor, similar to training yourself to use other weapons?

Many professions get an armor upgrade at level 40.

I believe Druids are stuck at leather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:46 pm 
Spammer

What about hunter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:07 pm 
Spammer

Cetera wrote:
What about hunter?

Cloth, Leather, Mail(at lvl 40)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am 
Spammer

tobiasds wrote:
Cetera wrote:

The cloth is turned into bolts of course but I left that out and included just the raw ingredients.

I would of course encourage herb gathering since I will have an alchemist. I will produce potions for anyone that gets me ingredients and will make as many as I can to give away.

You can get a 14 slot, and a 16 slot, and maybe even a 18 slot bag by doing a couple of high level quests. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:59 am 
Spammer

Locke_Trinmin wrote:
tobiasds wrote:
Cetera wrote:

You can get a 14 slot, and a 16 slot, and maybe even a 18 slot bag by doing a couple of high level quests. :P

Yeh, the tailors make a 10 slotter too, was just showing what could be made initially. Man, wouldn't a few more 16 slot bags come in handy, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:39 pm 
Spammer

tobiasds wrote:
Angelus wrote:

We'd love to have you.

Well dang nabbit, that settles it then. Stopping at the local Futureshop after work (not until 5pm MST...sniffle)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:58 pm 
Spammer

Angelus wrote:
tobiasds wrote:
Angelus wrote:

We'd love to have you.

Well dang nabbit, that settles it then. Stopping at the local Futureshop after work (not until 5pm MST...sniffle)!

Careful, once you go WoW you never go back. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:05 pm 
Spammer

Decided Professions:

Mining
Engineering