Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Warsong Gulch
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:19 pm 

After all this time, I finally discovered the fun of Warsong Gulch. After being endlessly frustrated with the Arathi Basin, we gave WG a try last night, and I'm hooked. That's the most fun I've had in game in a loooong time. We played two games, winning each one, last night. Our group consisted of alts for myself, Crelt (Slylconis),Daimania(Tequilarose), and Dovenwolf(Doven). Our alts play in the 20-29 range, and the wait times are long since not many play at that level. We'll be going in again tonight for as many rounds as we can, so if you have a toon in that level range, come play some capture the flag with us! The sooner we get 10 alliance queued, the quicker we can get in.
My little lvl 25 gnome warlock racked up 88 honor kills in two rounds lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:59 pm 
Spammer

i think i've got a couple quests for WG. Is that the PvP zone? I'm at 19 and would like to join in after I get a few more levels under my belt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:22 pm 
Spammer

Yeah the BGs are the mini-PvP games. Well, Alterac isn't that mini but same concept. WSG is the CTF version. Never played it myself but hear its lotsa fun. I liked Arathi basin the coupe times I've gone there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:29 pm 
Spammer

Any value in actively building teams to compete in these places?

Is that something that would interest the guild? We could get characters to the maximum level and try to lay waste to the areas. It might mean keeping your characters capped to a certain level (say 29 in the example above)?

Either way, Gladian (currently level 28) might have some fun in there with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:02 pm 

As far as rewards go, each BG has a vendor where you can purchase exclusive items, depending on your reputation. The honor kills and points come pretty fast there too, and you can actaully level doing them by accepting a repeatable quest for each one. I made roughly 6k xp for my lvl 25 doing two WG instances. But that's not why I like it. The action is fun :) The team work is what makes it great too. In Arathi Basin, the horde were stomping the Alliance's rear every time we went in. There was no Alliance coordination, they'd take a resource then run off leaving it unprotected. So, the 4 of us ( Daimania, Dovenwolf, Crelt, Larong) were on teamspeak and decided to hold the line at the stables. Everyone kept coming by telling us to "follow them!" but we ignored them, well, a "whatever you say "boss"!" could be heard from someone...hehe. We held those stables too (the only held resource for the alliance) and were cheered by many. Go Avians :) We could easily make a 10 man CTF team in Warsong. I love getting into a hairy sitaution, seeing my health drop fast, and doing everything I can to make sure I take down atleast 1 SOB before I die from the multiple attacks. And just when you think you're dead, bam, it's your friends to the rescue. The adrenaline rush is a nice bonus too lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:48 pm 
Spammer

I agree BGs are fun, the only problem is that damn wait time once you enter a queue. Doesn't it even take longer to get in if you are in a group? My shortest wait was 30 mins, and that was solo. What would a 5 or 10 man group size wait time be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:18 pm 

WSG with our 4 person group for the 20-29 bracket was taking about 30 minutes. Arathi Basin with the same group, but with in the level 40-49 (playing our other characters) took about 5 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:39 pm 
Spammer

Tetran wrote:
WSG with our 4 person group for the 20-29 bracket was taking about 30 minutes. Arathi Basin with the same group, but with in the level 40-49 (playing our other characters) took about 5 minutes.

Wow! Either I am totally unlucky or they've improved things. Time to get an alt with you guys...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:15 pm 

Yeah no kidding I have tried several times to get in with Dara at level 60 just to try it out but never have gotten in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:05 am 

We went in back to back in WSG last night in the 20-29 bracket and got our butts handed to us thoroughly. It seemed the horde weren't playing unless they were 29's. Time to level Remus some more, and when he hits 29, I'm going to just farm those places until I'm satisfied hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:19 am 
Spammer

that's a bummer as I just got to level 20.

Do you still get xp even if you are getting your butts handed to you? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:45 am 

The way the xp works is from missions. The NPC's in IF and at the WSG gate in Ashenvale have a quest called "Natural Defenses" and a couple others. If you win a round in WSG, you get 3 "tokens" in your inventory, and you can take those 3 to the NPC and turn them in for the XP. The first time I did it I got 4550xp. If you lose, you get 1 token. It takes 3 to complete. Each battle ground has it's own missions/quests for a similar turn in system. Even if you're 20, by all means, go! You'll still get some kills, but it maybe frustrating getting ganked all the time. It really depends on the teams. Some are levels across the spread, and sometimes you get all at the top level. And since it's PvP, you get in inheirant idiots in there too. Just ignore them and give them a /lick. They like that.