Avian Gamers Network

Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:46 am 

OK, I know it's short notice and if it does not work out no biggie. I now have 8 or 9 quests in Sentinel Hill - WestFall. A few are a little over my head I think. It's a bit dangerous out there :) If you can make it out there that would be great! If not, no biggie at all. I entered this in GEM also.

Quests:
Goretusk Liver Pie
The Forgotten Heirloom
The Peoples Militia
Westfall Stew
Patrolling Westfall
Poor old blanchy
Red Leather Bandanas
The Killing Fields

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:45 am 
Spammer

Many of those are soloable and wow Saturday nights are tough for alts....no offense it is the weekend and also many times there are not many Avians on, on saturday night....

<<<<<<<<<HEY Z>>>>>>>>>>

Shut up :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:58 am 

That's why I say to show up if ya can, if not no big deal. Shoot, if you would show up only that would be great. Show me how to solo those. I'm game for some lessons! I went out and tried! Most everything were huddled so close together everytime I'd pull a mob it would bring two friends. Maybe I've just not learned how to handle a mob correctly? Any pointers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:26 am 

nasiobo wrote:
That's why I say to show up if ya can, if not no big deal. Shoot, if you would show up only that would be great. Show me how to solo those. I'm game for some lessons! I went out and tried! Most everything were huddled so close together everytime I'd pull a mob it would bring two friends. Maybe I've just not learned how to handle a mob correctly? Any pointers?
]]

Not sure if I can help ya tonight, gonna have to see what is going on first. :)

Okie dokie...as far as soloing, you are level 10 or so, right?

Poor old blanchy - around the different farms in the area you will find what look like burlap feed bags that will light up when you cursor over them. Just right click and you will pick it up. Some area to find them are around the house where you got the stew quest with the farmer, and across the road among the haystacks, but they are kinda random and scattered all over that part of the zone. If you are careful, you will not need to fight anything.

Goretusk Liver Pie - any of the goretusks in the area can drop the livers. I have ahd them drop off of the lvl 10-12 pigs, but it can take awhile.

At around 11-12, you can do the red leather bandanas and patrolling westfall (the one with the 15 of 2 types of defias). There is a mine just past the first farm on teh right as you enter the zone. These are both teh defias for the 1 quest and they drop the bandanas. There are otehr camps of them, just found this one to be the easiest. Just be careful - you may have to leave some of them alone and just wait for respawns depending on your level.

You can also start working on the westfall stew quest - pretty much all the drops can be found on lvl 10-13 mobs, except the murloc eyes...which you can always buy in the AH for a couple of silver.

The Killing Fields, I would wait until at least lvl 13, better to be 14 or 15 to solo that one. Same with the People's Militia (I think that is the gnoll quest), as you will get adds and it can be a pain. Forgotten Heirloom solo is best at 14 or so I have found, or you can watch and wait for someone else to do it and then go in and get the heirloom (lazy way, but effective *grin*).

Can't remember is it is lvl 10 or 12 that mages get sheep. Do not forget to use this if you get adds. Sheep one, and it is out of combat until it breaks or you do dmg to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:31 am 
Site Admin

Danyale and I will try to be there.... what time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:06 pm 

Cyrus Rex wrote:
Danyale and I will try to be there.... what time?

I put 9:00 in GEM, but, if you're on later that's fine. If not it's ok also .. I put it in on short notice and I saw there were lots of other things in GEM going on also. I'm going to try to be in game around 8:15 or so, depending on what wife has going on for dinner. I think I have to grill burgers tonight unless its raining. So, who knows, that's why I put 9:00 to be safe.

Ivanov wrote:
or you can watch and wait for someone else to do it and then go in and get the heirloom (lazy way, but effective *grin*).

Yea, but I don't want to take the lazy way out. I want to hunt and find all this stuff. I'm really not trying to powerlevel up, I'm trying to experience it all right now, especially with this being my first toon. I'm sure I'll look for some things when I'm sick of killing 100 mobs and can't get that one or two last items :) Also, it looked like mostly you say to wait until I'm a little higher level then I can solo these quests :) hehe, yea, I know that! That's why I was asking for help tonight! Cause I'm not quite higher level yet.

Do you have any tips, techniques or suggestions on how to pull and deal with multiple mobs solo? I just have not been able to do this in a reliable manner yet. I can maybe deal with two mobs, using sheep .. but, if three come for me I'm toast, or I screem like a little magi girl and run :) lol. I'm still learning my spells also .. and how to best use them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:00 pm 
Spammer

nasiobo wrote:
Do you have any tips, techniques or suggestions on how to pull and deal with multiple mobs solo? I just have not been able to do this in a reliable manner yet. I can maybe deal with two mobs, using sheep .. but, if three come for me I'm toast, or I screem like a little magi girl and run :) lol. I'm still learning my spells also .. and how to best use them.

Use sheep and and frost nova then back up concentrate on one target, by this time the timer on the frost nova will have reset so you can refreeze the mob then back up and keep killing......3 pulls are tough solo....I'm just learning a mage now only lvl 12 but having much fun so far.....Also be sure to pickup 1st Aid as you can't eat or drink while in combat but when you're down to the last sheep you can use 1st Aid to heal up without burning a healing potion. This strategy should work as long as you have room to back up.

I'm not sure if I can make it in the game that early 9:00 pm but I'll definitely be later....